It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

80,000 Pounds of Walnuts Stolen

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   

www.nbcdfw.com

Authorities are investigating two thefts of more than 80,000 pounds of walnuts from Northern California valued at about $300,000.

The Tehama County Sheriff's Office received a call from a freight brokerage firm on Friday reporting that a 40,000-pound truckload of walnuts never arrived in Miami as they were supposed to.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   
So why would someone steal 80,000 pounds of walnuts? Is that a demand for them on the black market? Where would someone sell them? Does this person want to use them for brownies?

I realize this isn't really an important story but in these trying times we need something a little light to take our minds of off things. Plus you never know this could be the start of the great walnut conspiracy of 2012.

www.nbcdfw.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I have no idea..however.. this the 2nd big heist in a week..
Gold Ore, 700 tons worth has gone 'missing' as well..

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Their creating a walnut crisis.
Soon, walnuts will be worth a quarter each.

Plus Walnuts are the new drug of choice in growing numbers of kids.

Mix a few walnuts with a little lsd and you've got a healthy party.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by shadwgirl

I think I know who the culprit is:

Be afraid!, be very afraid!

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Anybody blame the "IllumiNUTTI" yet?

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by creatives

love it. that just made me lol.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   
you guys are so punny. keep it up.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Shhhhhh! It is one of us!

Nuts are a great food to store in case of emergencies. Walnuts are especially good. This haul will last someone years and years. The shells are a great fuel source. Good ammo for slingshots.

Be prepared!

Shhhhhhh!

P

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   

$300,000 worth of walnuts from California stolen

Source for short article headline used.

That's the motive right there.

My grandfather began growing Walnuts in northern California in the 1930's and my cousin currently owns and operates the orchard. We are not close and I probably haven't spoken to him more than once or twice in the past twenty years but maybe I'll send him a FB message to see if this is something that has become common these days... Like theft of scrap metals and other hard to trace commodities.

~Heff

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by shadwgirl

Thank you for bringing this grave and important omen to us.
The clock is ticking and the cows have flown, my two-headed goat buried one head in the sand.
Sh#t's gettin' real.

edit on 30-10-2012 by delusion because: because swearing is important and adds crucial emphasis.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

wow. I really do wonder what they are doing with all these walnuts. where I live, there are black walnut trees everywhere so I never buy them but this is really something. I know I shouldn't joke about it because it affects livelihoods but I didn't realize this was something serious and happening more than once or twice. thanks for the input.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
AHAHAHAHA! Is this real?! Who in the HELL would steal WALNUTS?! What could they POSSIBLY be worth? This has to be some sort of prank. Must have been strange for the write that wrote the story. I can only imagine what was going through the heads of the people that first found out about these walnuts being gone.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Maybe Germany is coming and wants its walnuts back?

That's what I kept thinking about when two headlines on ATS involved Germany auditing its federal reserve stash of gold and a large gold shipment from Russia went missing,
edit on 30-10-2012 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Hey if any body needs some walnuts I got them for the low. That means "the best price u can get right now.." Hit me up though

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Aw Nuts!

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Doubt if its connected but walnuts have been shown to help male fertility...

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   

I think the theif/theifs are nuts!

But yeah that is like the weirdest crime I heard of this year I must admit.
Do you think it is like bath salts?
Maybe kids sniff walnuts now??

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by shadwgirl
...the man who picked those walnuts up was not the person hired for the job.

So if I understand correctly, some random guy turned up to the depot and said "I'm here to pick up yer walnuts", and they just gave them to him.
Wouldnt he have needed paperwork?
Or something?

Is this really how transportation works nowdays?

Edit - the other article, the original (which should have been referred to in the first place) says...

The man somehow got the correct purchase numbers to show the companies in order to pull off the theft

So its an inside job.

edit on 31-10-2012 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Clearly the nuts have joined the tons of Honey that was stolen....

Either they are making desert for a lot of people or it is going to the bunkers and they can't wait any longer to get stuff through regular channels.

What is some herds of cows designated to be destroyed for disease and all other animals were not ill at all but that way food is not noticed being removed to somewhere.

Worth a huge search if anyone has the time may show a larger picture if consolidated.

ok start looking I just saw June 27, 2012

Garlic Heist: 9.5 Tons Stolen, Say Austrian Police

blog.usfoodsafety.com...

I bet they stole Spaghetti noodles...also

edit on 31-10-2012 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

All in 2012...

1500 tonnes of wheat, which was supposed to reach from the PCF to their warehouses, was missing. Read more at: indiatoday.intoday.in...

3 tons of french fries stolen

www.topix.com...

Maple Syrup Stolen Equal to $30.4 Million Dollars (U.S)

www.forbes.com...
edit

Medical stuff too

Notification of Stolen Johnson & Johnson Group of Consumer Companies Products (Clayton, Indiana)

The trailer containing the products was stolen while en route to a Johnson & Johnson Distribution Center in Mooresville, IN on August 28, 2011. The trailer was parked at a truck stop in Clayton, IN at the time of the theft. The stolen trailer contained multiple products and partial lots of Johnson & Johnson Consumer products, including brands such as Monistat®, Reach®, Cortaid®, Aveeno®, Neutrogena®, and Johnson & Johnson First Aid to Go!®. Potentially impacted lots are listed in the table below.

www.fda.gov...
extra DIV

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join