It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Netanyahu: A War on Iran Would Be Good for Arabs

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Does this man actually live in reality?

Source

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on Tuesday tried to convince Arab states that an Israeli military strike on Iran would benefit their interests and that “a feeling of relief would spread across the region” immediately following an attack.

After failing to pressure the Obama administration to back a preventive Israeli strike on Iran before the US presidential elections, Netanyahu has continued to make veiled threats of war catered for different audiences.

In an interview with a French magazine, Netanyahu pushed back against the claim that an Israeli strike on Iran would destabilize the region and worsen tensions.

“Five minutes after, contrary to what the skeptics say, I think a feeling of relief would spread across the region,” he said.

“Iran is not popular in the Arab world, far from it, and some governments in the region, as well as their citizens, have understood that a nuclear armed Iran would be dangerous for them, not just for Israel,” he said.

I don't really have anything else to say. This is just pure nonsense, and I doubt that ANY arab nations are going to feel better if Iran was attacked.

ETA: Please, let's not turn the thread into anti-israel diabtribe. This isn't the point. The point is to analyze his comments and seperate fact from fiction.

Fact: War is bad Mkay?!
Fiction: War Is Good For Arabs.

~Tenth
edit on 10/30/2012 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Does this man actually live in reality?

Nop . He lives in his dreams . Someone should wake him up .

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
He is a savage.

We need to set a clear Red Line for Israel.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Wikileaks [Apparently only believable when US dirt is exposed] has revealed info that some Arab states had requested in private the US attack and deal with Iran but so far 3 POTUS have rejected those requests.

There is that.

Personally I'd like to see a peaceful solution to this issue. I bet then there would be a massive sigh of relief.

edit on 30-10-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Sounds like a "we'll be greeted as liberators" and showered with flowers and candy type of statement. I think we've all seen how far removed from reality that notion was.

This guy just needs to stop already.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Shia, Persian Iran wants regional hegemony in the Middle East, and they also see themselves as the rightful heirs to rule Islam. The Sunni Arab states are constantly arresting IRGC terrorists in their countries trying to stir up trouble.

Like him or hate him, Netanyahu is right: Taking shia Iran down a peg would be good for the Sunni Arabs.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by TTAA2012

That may be true in that sense, but I doubt they would risk having the conflict spill into their own nations.

Especially the likes of Pakistan.

Russia and China also have a big dog in this fight.

~Tenth

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   
That bastard is just sick in his head.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
reply to post by TTAA2012

That may be true in that sense, but I doubt they would risk having the conflict spill into their own nations.

Especially the likes of Pakistan.

Russia and China also have a big dog in this fight.

~Tenth

Make no mistake, even without Israel in the picture, the Sunni and Shia are going to come to blows. They've been at each others throats since Mohammed died and they aren't going to stop until one version of Islam reigns supreme.

Sunni Saudi Arabia actually has a deal in place with Sunni Pakistan to "borrow" a few nukes if they need them to defend themselves against Iran.

They don't make enough popcorn.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Lets take Israel out of the picture for a moment.

Would there be stability in the Midle East without Israel there?

Has there ever been a time when there has been stability/peace?

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Well considering there is all of about 0 stability with Israel in the picture, I can only assume it would not be better or worse.

I'm upset with Israel's government. Not the people. I don't think they should be thrown out of the country they've lived in for the last however many years. I do think a two state solution is possible, I just don't think either side is that interested in the idea..

But the idea of a stable middle east is impossible unless everybody is on the same playing field.

~Tenth

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   

But the idea of a stable middle east is impossible unless everybody is on the same playing field.

~Tenth

Same as in Sunni, Shiite or just "Muslim" ?

As stated earlier they have been going at each other long before Israel was in the picture.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

Well considering there is all of about 0 stability with Israel in the picture, I can only assume it would not be better or worse.

I'm upset with Israel's government. Not the people. I don't think they should be thrown out of the country they've lived in for the last however many years. I do think a two state solution is possible, I just don't think either side is that interested in the idea..

~Tenth

My point is this.

People's perceptions of Israel's issues are coloured due to Israels emergence/religious tenent.
If Israel were just another ME state, and not seen through jewish-coloured glasses, then they might be seen as a stabilising force and not a threat.

Perhaps the existence of Israel is causing instability in the region, but the solutions for that have to come from some place other than their (Israels) end and to find a stabilising factor from elsewhere.

The US certainly stank when they tried, the UN, Russia, Europe are no better at calming the region.

I'm open to any and all ideas that don't include wiping out an entire country.

(forgive the ramble, haven't had enough coffee yet)

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I more meant nations, not individual groups within them. If your neighbor has the same size stick you do and is just as capable of landing it square in your face, you're going to think twice about going over there to beat him up.

It's obviously not that simple, we all know the ME is a very complex issue and even I admit that regardless of what happens, Iran with nukes or without, the powder keg is eventually going to explode.

Something has got to give. The path to peace will probably be lined with bodies. I don't think it's right, but I don't think it can go another way in this current climate.

~Tenth

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   
The "Arab" Countries that would like Iran to disappear are Wahhabbi criminals.
They're on the same side as the criminal Zionists in Israel.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

People's perceptions of Israel's issues are coloured due to Israels emergence/religious tenent.
If Israel were just another ME state, and not seen through jewish-coloured glasses, then they might be seen as a stabilising force and not a threat.

I see Israel as just another ME state honestly. Personally I don't care where you come from, or what the history of your people is. This is the 21st century and excuses like ' they did to us' aren't suppose to fly anymore.

I think Israel certainly could be a stabilizing force. If it's current regime did anything but threaten to attack others.

I agree with everything you said other than the external solution. It's clear that people from that region are the ones who make the decisions. Western, European and various other groups cannot implement peace. They cannot 'nation build' and expect a good outcome.

Even when we do instill our own leaders and allies in those regions, it takes only a few decades for them to turn on us and proceed to become the same kind of problem that put them there in the first place.

I think Israel is perfectly capable of applying a positive solution in conjunction with Palestine. Along with neighboring allies.

It's possible, it's just not likely. Again, because of the highly complex and polarized situation it's devolved into.

~Tenth

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   

I more meant nations, not individual groups within them. If your neighbor has the same size stick you do and is just as capable of landing it square in your face, you're going to think twice about going over there to beat him up.

The problem with that analogy is that Israel has been a Nuclear power for how many decades and how many times have they nuked somebody?

It's obviously not that simple, we all know the ME is a very complex issue and even I admit that regardless of what happens, Iran with nukes or without, the powder keg is eventually going to explode.

Well that certainly is a fatalistic assertion. You've probably been around as many decades as myself. Ever since I could remember and practically everything I've read about the region before I was even thought of has stated the region has always been about to "Blow"

Something has got to give. The path to peace will probably be lined with bodies. I don't think it's right, but I don't think it can go another way in this current climate.

~Tenth

There wouldn't be a 12th Imam floating around in this scenario someplace?

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by samsamm9
The "Arab" Countries that would like Iran to disappear are Wahhabbi criminals.
They're on the same side as the criminal Zionists in Israel.

AND

This is a prime example of why there is division.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   

The problem with that analogy is that Israel has been a Nuclear power for how many decades and how many times have they nuked somebody?

You're forgetting that Israel hasn't, and really doesn't want to admit to having such nuclear weapons. I think the reason they've never used nuclear weapons is the same reason anybody else hasn't.

It's just too much. Trump card, that's it. Political points on the world stage, nothing more.

Now to an extremist group it's payday. And yes, I don't disagree with Iran being an extremist country because of it's current regime and I sort of don't like the idea of them having a nuclear weapon.

Well that certainly is a fatalistic assertion. You've probably been around as many decades as myself. Ever since I could remember and practically everything I've read about the region before I was even thought of has stated the region has always been about to "Blow"

Yeah I've been waiting a long time for that too. Just like I've been waiting for the end of the world. Hopefully we'll keep waiting for decades to come. Stalemate is far better than any other scenario I can think up outside peace.

I don't think that rhetoric like Netanyahu has been giving in speeches is actually helping either.

There wouldn't be a 12th Imam floating around in this scenario someplace?

Or a 2nd coming of Jesus?

~Tenth

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Just tossing this out there, but smaller altercations (nice way of saying "tiny wars") might be the pressure relief valve required to maintain stability.

It's an ugly fact that there has never been peace in the region, and there probably never will.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join