It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should the UK Outlaw its Most Inhumane forms of Euthanasia i.e. NHS Death by Dehydration?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   
It is so sickening to see that all over the world, even something as important as healthcare, has become about nothing more than money. I would not want someone choosing whether I should live or die, or the level of treatment they choose to give me, based on how much it is going to cost. It is sad that they literally are killing people for money. I am so sick of all of the "business" individuals who make these decisions, and along with crooked politicians, they should be who we wage war against, because they are destroying the ideals not of a country, but of human liberties in general.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Liberal1984

Heres the thing. To me there is no difference between starving and dehydrating a person to death, and shooting them in the belly and leaving them to bleed internally,not to mention leak organic effluent all over the inside of thier abdomen.

Do no harm? My left foot! What utter rot. A person who COULD regain thier lives, should be allowed to. The cost, the complexity, none are relavent when faced with the value of even one human life. Refusal to accept the FULL implications of the above statement on the part of hospital staff, doctors, and the medical profession as a whole is not acceptable. Any attempt to distance the actions of healthcare professionals from this simple truth is nothing but excuse making and whining, and should be SPAT upon.

However, there are cases where simply having a heart beat, and brain waves, do not constitute a life, and in those situations, and at the EXPRESS order of the patient, I believe that Euthanasia ought to be considered.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   
This BBC video provides evidence from relatives of the deceased that patients are suffering unacceptably on the euphemistically named Liverpool Care Pathway. Worth a watch.

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Liberal1984

Common in the USA as well for hospice patients to not receive IVF as they are "actively dying". In the 80s, US patients routinely received IVF and then the issue was studied formally. Most of the time now no fluid is given.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   
This could explain a lot of psychic anomalies, death by dehydration isn't very common and would definitely piss off a soul. If you believe in that kind of stuff. Why anyone would purposely do something so demonic though?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join