reply to post by Taiyed
1. President Obama has appointed numerous people to cabinet level positions without the advice and consent of the U.S. Senate, as is required by the
Constitution. These individuals are given extraordinary power and independent funding, and are not under the scrutiny of Congress. The fact that Obama
calls them Czars does not make them legal. He has also made illegal recess appointments of other members of his cabinet that required Senate approval.
He simply declared that the U.S. Senate was in recess despite the fact that no such declaration had been made by the Senate. The President has no
Constitutional authority to do this.
2. The push by Pres. Obama to pass healthcare legislation in the Congress of the United States that he was fully aware was unconstitutional. He has
continued to use his powers and executive branch of government to implement this legislation despite the fact that a federal judge had declared the
entire law unconstitutional, and ordered that it not be implemented. In addition, Obama has directed members of his administration to violate the
right to freedom of religion protected by the 1st Amendment to the Constitution.
Religious institutions such as churches and schools have been ordered to provide contraceptives and abortion inducing morning after pills to employees
as part of the health care bill requirements. The fact that this is a direct violation of their religious teaching is of no concern to Obama.
3. Despite the fact that the United States Senate refused to pass the Cap and Trade bill, the President has ordered the Environmental Protection
Agency to use regulations to implement key portions of the bill, including those regulating so-called greenhouse gases. Obama himself has acknowledged
that this will force energy prices in this country to skyrocket. He is taking these actions in direct defiance of the will of the people of the United
States, the will of Congress, and the Constitution. The actions of the EPA include regulations that will force many coal burning power plants to
4. Through the Department of the Interior (DOI) Obama has placed a moratorium on offshore oil drilling or exploration off both the Atlantic and
Pacific coasts of the United States and in parts of the Gulf of Mexico. He has also prohibited new drilling exploration on federal land in any state
within the United States. These actions by the DOI have continued in direct defiance of several court orders issued by Federal Judge Martin Feldman in
New Orleans, Louisiana declaring that the department had no authority to issue such a moratorium on drilling in the Gulf. In fact, the Secretary of
the Department of the Interior (DOI) has been held in contempt by the same judge. The administration has claimed to be complying, but has tied up the
drilling permits in so much red tape that the effect is the same.
5. Instead of allowing American companies to drill for oil domestically, Obama has betrayed the American people and authorized loans of billions of
dollars to countries like Brazil and Mexico so that they can drill for oil, and then sell that oil to the United States. This will dramatically
increase our dependence on foreign nations including Venezuela, Brazil, Saudi Arabia, and even Libya that do not serve the interest of America or the
Obama has also refused to approve the keystone pipeline from Canada to the United States that would not only lessen our dependence on oil from
countries like Venezuela and Saudi Arabia, but create thousands of new jobs in the United States. The decision on the pipeline is one that belongs in
the hands of the members of Congress, not the President.
6. President Obama has abdicated his responsibility to enforce the laws of the United States against illegal immigration. He has virtually declared
our southern border an open border by declaring certain areas of federal land in states like Arizona as off-limits to federal, state, and local
authorities. This is despite the fact that these areas are being used to bring in thousands of illegal immigrants, massive amounts of drugs, and also
being used by foreign terrorists to infiltrate the United States. He has also ordered the border patrol not to arrest most illegal immigrants entering
the country, and has stopped deportation proceedings against thousands of people in this country illegally. He is in effect instituting the so-called
“dream act” bypassing the Congress of the United States which has sole authority over immigration matters.
7. The President and his Attorney General Eric Holder have clearly violated their oath of office by joining with foreign countries such as Mexico,
Bolivia, and Columbia, in lawsuits against the sovereign states of Arizona, Georgia, and Alabama to stop them from enforcing the federal immigration