It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Facebook Censors Navy SEALS to Protect Obama on Benghazi-Gate ?

page: 1
7

log in

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Facebook Censors Navy SEALS to Protect Obama on Benghazi-Gate

The Special Operations Speaks PAC (SOS) put up a post on Facebook the other day and it got censored.

It had to do with Obama denying requested backup from the Benghazi outpost.

The post got 30,000 shares, approx. 24,000 likes, and was read by hundreds of thousands of people -- all within 24 hrs.

Is Facebook an Obama / Left Wing proxy ?


Over the weekend, Facebook took down a message by the Special Operations Speaks PAC (SOS) which highlighted the fact that Obama denied backup to the forces being overrun in Benghazi.

The message was contained in a meme which demonstrated how Obama had relied on the SEALS when he was ready to let them get Osama bin Laden, and how he had turned around and denied them when they called for backup on Sept 11.

I spoke with Larry Ward, president of Political Media, Inc -- the media company that handles SOS postings and media production. Ward was the one who personally put the Navy SEAL meme up, and the one who received the warning from Facebook and an eventual 24 hour suspension from Facebook because Ward put the meme back up after Facebook told him to take it down.


Facebook Censors Navy SEALS to Protect Obama on Benghazi-Gate

What is Facebook afraid of ??

Did the Obama Campaign have a hand in this ?







posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Because we all know brietbart brings true stories...



Kinda funny that i have more reason to trust FaceBook then i do BrietBart.. Why? Because FaceBook didnt build its reputation on political propaganda and lies where BrietBart did.
edit on 30-10-2012 by Resurected because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen
 


Your timing is perfect for me. I just started a small thread on 'rant' about what I saw on an SUV windshield and was actually thinking of putting it on facebook. I don't post to facebook often, am independent, and never post a political view.

The SUV of an ex Marine had written in white shoe polish across the back windshield

You asked Seals for help, they did.
Seals asked you for help, you didn't.

Don't know what came over me wanting to post this on facebook of all places but thanks for the warning.



posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
There is absolutely no proof that Obama denied anything.

This is a big Right Wing rumor/meme, the talking heads floated the rumors, blogs picked it up, and now it is talked about as if it is fact.

It's all out of desperation, thankfully, it isn't working.



posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen
 


Maybe they don't want any political scandals on there....regardless of right/left parties.

Thought that this is rather interesting......


There are a number of former high-level White House officials on Facebook’s staff: former Obama White House economic adviser Marne Levine heads its policy shop and former Bush administration aide Cathie Martin is also on its policy team.



Obama, meanwhile, has nurtured strong high-tech relationships throughout his tenure.Facebook’s chief operating officer, Sheryl Sandberg, joined Zuckerberg and the president at the town hall. She sits on Obama’s council of economic advisors. AOL founder Steve Case heads his Startup America initiative to help small business growth. Eric Schmidt of Google, Cisco CEO John Chambers, and Intel CEO Paul Otellini regularly attend meetings at the White House as economic advisers.


www.washingtonpost.com...


Sounds like they are all bed partners to some degree.


I knew that Zuckerberg was friendly with Obama but maybe it's with any one of political connections, for his own benefit .

Yeah, I bet that they purposely pulled it,but for what ever reason, we can only speculate.



posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by liveandlearn
reply to post by xuenchen
 


Your timing is perfect for me. I just started a small thread on 'rant' about what I saw on an SUV windshield and was actually thinking of putting it on facebook. I don't post to facebook often, am independent, and never post a political view.

The SUV of an ex Marine had written in white shoe polish across the back windshield

You asked Seals for help, they did.
Seals asked you for help, you didn't.

Don't know what came over me wanting to post this on facebook of all places but thanks for the warning.


If you do, show as little of the vehicle as possible.
Don't let any one be able to recognize who's SUV it may be.
And no plate number....


I can understand how they feel....betrayed.



posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Why is it that people keep insisting that there were two Navy SEALs that were refused help... It was two contractors (mercenaries) that were killed in Benghazi that were former Navy Seals.. There would have been reinforcements available for military forces if this thing had involved American forces on a military operation that involved an actual US embassy being under siege.... This thing was a spook operation that we may never get the full skinny on but there were not any active US forces involved much less killed in this sovereign nation we have no legitimate armed forces in.



posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by hypervigilant
Why is it that people keep insisting that there were two Navy SEALs that were refused help... It was two contractors (mercenaries) that were killed in Benghazi that were former Navy Seals.. There would have been reinforcements available for military forces if this thing had involved American forces on a military operation that involved an actual US embassy being under siege.... This thing was a spook operation that we may never get the full skinny on but there were not any active US forces involved much less killed in this sovereign nation we have no legitimate armed forces in.


I wondered about that as well (former Navy SEALS) and decided it was likely 'Once a SEAL always a SEAL'.

I personally have no doubt that they were hired exactly for the reason they were Seals. I also have no doubt that the White House Adm. had their resumes and knew their entire history. The fact they were protecting a consulate instead of 'the embassy' is of no consequence. Should less be done for American's in an American Consulate, considered US soil, because it is not labeled an 'Embassy'? The US knew the Ambassador was at the Consulate and the Seals did what they were hired to do.

It was the Administration who failed in their protection. The 'former' Seals doing their job of protecting Americans speaks of their loyalty to their homeland and should not be down played.



posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by liveandlearn
 


They do say "Once a Marine always a Marine" but having been a combat Marine when I wasn't much more than a child I can attest that when bullets were flying the Red,White and Blue was the furthest thing from our minds... It was all about not getting a ride to grave registration or a hospital ship that caused us to fire upon the enemy... There was those that hated the enemy and others that realized why they didn't want us involved in their business.... There were a number of people I heard saying that we were fighting for the wrong side and all but the dumbest and most illiterate of us knew that there were people making a fortune because we were killing Commies but few of the people being killed by our ordinance had any idea at all what a Commie was... We had mercenaries in that little war also that were making big bucks too... They knew what the risks were and they were willing to take them in order to line their pockets just as the guys in Benghazi did.



posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
We all know that this would be a ground breaking story all over the news if this happened under a republican president.

It's okay when a Democrap does it.


Barry is hiding something and is having the media do it for him. Fail



posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by hypervigilant
reply to post by liveandlearn
 


They do say "Once a Marine always a Marine" but having been a combat Marine when I wasn't much more than a child I can attest that when bullets were flying the Red,White and Blue was the furthest thing from our minds... It was all about not getting a ride to grave registration or a hospital ship that caused us to fire upon the enemy... There was those that hated the enemy and others that realized why they didn't want us involved in their business.... There were a number of people I heard saying that we were fighting for the wrong side and all but the dumbest and most illiterate of us knew that there were people making a fortune because we were killing Commies but few of the people being killed by our ordinance had any idea at all what a Commie was... We had mercenaries in that little war also that were making big bucks too... They knew what the risks were and they were willing to take them in order to line their pockets just as the guys in Benghazi did.



My last reply of the night.

I know nothing of combat being an older woman. I have a brother who is ex Marine so I know of what you speak.

However, the Seals in question were not being fired upon at the time they chose to rescue those in the consulate. And in fact, they defied the order. I don't think it was money, but instinct along with loyalty. No doubt they knew many at the consulate.

My understanding is that they were working for a UK company and we are the UK...they own us and we just appear to be independent of the UK


edit to add. Biden's awkward remark to Wood's father shows beyond a doubt they knew who he was and what he did.


.
edit on 30-10-2012 by liveandlearn because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-10-2012 by liveandlearn because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by hypervigilant
Why is it that people keep insisting that there were two Navy SEALs that were refused help... It was two contractors (mercenaries) that were killed in Benghazi that were former Navy Seals.. There would have been reinforcements available for military forces if this thing had involved American forces on a military operation that involved an actual US embassy being under siege.... This thing was a spook operation that we may never get the full skinny on but there were not any active US forces involved much less killed in this sovereign nation we have no legitimate armed forces in.


I agree with the two Navy Seals deal... they were former Seals..


However, they were not mercenaries, nor were they contractors, they were tied to an already reported CIA compound that was a mile away from the consulate, so they were in the loop.. so to say..

The folks who were contracted to secure the consulate, as minimal as they were, were the one's who sent out the SHTF calls to the compound that held ONE of the two former Seals... the second Seal arrived later, from the folks from Tripoli.. (from my recollection of the data).. and they both lost their lives at the CIA outpost.

In closing, they would have had access to directly request intervention/ rescue via the normal military channels.. IMO of course based on all the info I have read here..



posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   
There are a number of private military contractors based in the UK and many other countries... There is no loyalty to any country when you are playing for pay as there is no loyalty from the country or whoever it is that hires a mercenary that is paid by the company.... It is strictly a business agreement where loyalty is bought and paid for and there is no guarantee if for any reason the individual contractor is injured or killed... It's pretty much the same kind of deal a person that contracts to deliver newspapers gets here in the USA. en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 30-10-2012 by hypervigilant because: To add a link.



posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Taiyed
There is absolutely no proof that Obama denied anything.

This is a big Right Wing rumor/meme, the talking heads floated the rumors, blogs picked it up, and now it is talked about as if it is fact.

It's all out of desperation, thankfully, it isn't working.


Then WHY did Facebook react like this ??

They are covering for somebody somewhere.....

It's all too obvious.



posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Resurected
 


The SOS group has this reported on their own website.



posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Facebook relented...


Facebook admits error in censoring anti-Obama message

Larry Ward will concede that he “poked the bear.” As president of the D.C.-based Political Media Inc., Ward administers the Facebook page of a group called Special Operations Speaks (SOS), an anti-Obama group consisting of “veterans, legatees, and supporters of the Special Operations communities of all the Armed Forces.” Essentially hard guys who want the president out of office. “These are the toughest sons of a guns out there and they say what they mean,” says Ward.



Wemple really takes FB to task on this so called error



posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 06:40 AM
link   
What really blows my mind about this is how no one seemed nearly as upset about the 1983 bombing of the Marine Barracks in Beirut where 241 active duty Marines were killed.... Oh yeah, that was when a white atheist Republican actor was president.... It's pretty obvious to me why this president is being blamed for everything under the sun except for being the son of a white mother.



posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen
 


THe only thing obvious right now is you are a paid troll from Breitbart.


CX

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Makes you think when a social media site has a say in things like this.

What has this got to do with FB unless there are other agencies involved behind the scenes?

CX.



new topics

top topics



 
7

log in

join