It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LOUD Booms and Shaking Homes. Extremely Bright Fireball In The Sky!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by innervision0730
reply to post by PamelaBritton2U

I know people say it's because we are able to communicate etc but we have been able to do that for some time now.

Communicate with.....?

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by dayve

Internet, phone, tv.
edit on 30-10-2012 by innervision0730 because: typo

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Sublimecraft

The Taurids are putting on a good show here in Mid TN. Spotted two in about 5 minutes. Heading east to west.

No fireballs though, just regular run of the mill meteors.

ETA - just a heads up on a second thread with some info,
www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 30-10-2012 by Doodle19815 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by innervision0730

You have a good point about the increased communication technologies leading to some having the sense that more is happening in general, and things are only going to quicken from here on out, in that regard.

About these explosions, I can't really comment on that one specifically, but I have to say that the 'mysterious noises' topics that have been on ATS since early 2011 has intrigued me more than anything else here. Even had a few audible incidents here in Vegas earlier this year.

There are some real monster threads with hundreds of witness accounts of these sort of unexplained sounds, here. Have you read through any of those, by chance?

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
I thank you, God, for letting this fireball be yet another satellite weapon come fallen to earth. Please....

Thank you.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Sek82

I have read some of them. This event makes me think that what if those loud mysterious booms and house shaking's in other cities and countries was an asteroid and people just didn't see it. You would think at least 1 person would of seen something though... This stuff right here is what makes life so interesting. Without these mysteries and unknowns, I wouldn't know what to do with my life.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   

edit on 30-10-2012 by wewillnotcomply666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by iforget
You wouldn't have to go very far for some dark skies, try it around the peak of a meteor shower, with a clear sky and you will see a fireball. Any clear night with some patience and maybe a pair of binoculars you are sure to find something fascinating to see.

I wouldn't say you're guaranteed a fireball on a night around the peak of a meteor shower, but in the case or well known/relatively strong meteor showers like the Perseids or the Geminids you stand a good chance of seeing them if you spend some time observing and use good technique.

Good technique means an observing site with little obstruction of views to the horizon, and laying flat on your back so that you are facing more or less straight up. A sleeping bag (or two if it's cold enough to snow) is highly recommended along with something along the lines of a camp-bed.

Binocs may be useful, but looking through them restricts you field of view, meaning you miss meteors, so keep them to hand, but use them only if you see something you want to get a closer look at.

Keep in mind that the kind of fireball associated with meteor showers has quite different characteristics compared to the type of fireball that causes booms/drops meteorites in most cases. However they can still be very impressive.

Also, although a fireball class meteor can easily be seen from light polluted skies, you will have a much more enjoyable observing session if you find somewhere remote and away from lights. In non light polluted skies dim meteors seem brighter and more impressive, and you will see more, since most meteors are faint, so you have less time to wait in between seeing any action.

Finally, if you want to see meteors or fireballs, patience and persistence always pay off eventually in my experience.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by innervision0730
reply to post by dayve

Internet, phone, tv.
edit on 30-10-2012 by innervision0730 because: typo

Dont forget letters of the postal kind

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Superman?

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   
It would be interesting to find out if there is any military activity in the area after this occurrence.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by inverslyproportional

Awesome sounds familiar to me.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by FireballStorm

I guess that depends on how you define fireball as you just trying to be encouraging thanks for filling some of the blanks I left good information all around

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Turns out it the meteor was NOT from the taurid meteor shower but a meteor from a nearby asteroid belt. Here's a news video with a scientist explaining the event. It penetrated very low in the atmosphere. It was the size of a boulder and moving around 33,000 mph. NASA is still trying to figure out where it went.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by innervision0730

Fascinating but scary stuff really. Don't even think you would have time to react to something moving that fast, did it hit the ground? I guess it burned up if they can't find it ?
edit on 31-10-2012 by Tazkven because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Tazkven

That's why people should live their lives to the fullest. It could happen while eating dinner or celebrating your kids birthday. I am surprised NASA didn't see it coming
I'm not sure if it hit anywhere yet but they are still investigating it, it will probably take a few days to week to find it. Heck, it could be in the middle of an open field. Whoever finds it will be so lucky!

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by PamelaBritton2U
Okay. So that's, like, the third one to go boom this month? Louisiana, Bay Area, and now THIS? Anyone else getting a hinky feeling?

I always got a kinky feeling.

Oh, wait, you said "hinky."

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
There has been an awful lot of these recently, and quite significant too. Something is going on up there more than they are telling us.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   

edit on 31-10-2012 by warcloud41 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I'm sure everything is fine, but if you hear anything like this.....Well I'd bug out quick!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join