It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who is Gods creator?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ApolloBloodline

So what is your answer as an atheist? You kinda didn´t give one and I´m curious?

In your case it would be the big bang of course.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nightaudit
reply to post by ApolloBloodline

So what is your answer as an atheist? You kinda didn´t give one and I´m curious?

In your case it would be the big bang of course.

Big bang has nothing to do with atheism, it has to do with science. People love to associate atheism and evolution (or science) but in reality they have nothing to do with one another. It's not just a guess based on atheism, it's got solid science behind it.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Barcs

Big bang has nothing to do with atheism, it has to do with science. People love to associate atheism and evolution (or science) but in reality they have nothing to do with one another. It's not just a guess based on atheism, it's got solid science behind it.

Actually, atheism has a lot to do with it. If everyone was a Christian, the big bang would never have been thought of. Atheists assumed there was a different means of the universe forming, and they investigated. People who weren't satisfied with the whole creationism deal explored the possibilities.

Yeah, atheism is very much a part of it. But so is curiosity and all that.

posted on Jan, 9 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by Barcs

Actually, atheism has a lot to do with it. If everyone was a Christian, the big bang would never have been thought of. Atheists assumed there was a different means of the universe forming, and they investigated. People who weren't satisfied with the whole creationism deal explored the possibilities.

I call the Big Bang "The Father."
thats why they say " in the beginning was the word, and the word was with God, and the word was God."

If the big bang created the universe, and atoms are multiversal objects, that means that the Big Bang would have also created the multiverse.

Also if the inside of our heads is the outside of our heads, and i keep calling the Universe(Big-Bang expanded.)
"The Father" as a holographic expansion of the big bang frozen in time because the past present and Future existing together as like stillframes.

" I am in the Father, and the Father is in me."
I am in your head and you are within mine.

I try my best to put some sort of science to God.
edit on 9-1-2013 by Belcastro because: because i like to my posts as good as possible.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   

That's a ridiculous assumption.

en.wikipedia.org...

One of the first scientists to propose the idea of big bang (before it was even called big bang) was a Christian and it's based on science, not random musings. They observed galaxies and stars through a telescope and realized that they are all expanding away from each other. It's not like some atheist was pondering in the dark about how to disprove god.

There are plenty of Christian scientists, I have no idea why you believe that it would have to be an atheistic belief? God and big bang are compatible unless you're a bible literalist.

Your post insults both rational Christians and atheists. You don't have to be an extreme fundamentalist to be a Christian. One could very easily believe god made the big bang, could they not?
edit on 10-1-2013 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by ken10

Who is Gods creator?

MAN

2nd

Who is Man's creator?
If you go into evolution, everything has to come from somewhere.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage
Who is Gods creator?

It is common agmonst Ats thread writers and posters to refer to God and the general connotation is that God is the creator of life on earth. Now what God actually is will often lead to emotive debates.

I want to in this thread ask the question who created God? Of course this presumes that God is a real thing of a humanly describable or non-humanly undescribale form.

If God is truely an inventation of the human mind then the answer is quite simple that humans created God.

If not and there is actual in fact something of a separate intelligent force to humans with power enough to create the world and everything in it, then the answer will be completely different.

So take a seat in the chair of the greatest mystery of all and ponder.

So who is God?
And who is Gods Creator?

edit on 30-10-2012 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

Awesome question!

I'm pretty sure he evolved into his omnipotent state, and once there he recognized himself as the only source of light, and considered it good. Elation followed outward in the form of our universe; his body.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I was raised to believe that God's ancestral line was infinite, that god was once man, and his God was once man, and so on, and so forth forever and ever. As of now, I am uncertain what to believe, this is due to a question spawned within my mind, that I cannot honestly come to a conclusion on. omniscience, how can a individual with omniscience experience any degree of freedom?

Perhaps nothing is omniscient? If there be a source of true omniscience, than it would obviously be incomprehensible by all that is non omniscient, and unattainable. Unless that omniscient source could refine that which isn't omniscient to become perfect, without flaw. If this be the case, would choice just be an illusion of the non omniscient, for wouldn't something omniscient be trapped away from choice, and imprisoned to knowing all that will ever happen, but would that be prison? Then again perhaps non omniscient me is attempting to understand something incomprehensible. Is it a real incomprehensible or not though?

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Khedwulf

If our race is reduced to a few hundred, each with the technology, resources, and intellect to build its own army of clones (think Resident Evil Retribution), then would each particular nation not look to its creator as a god? The specific conditions we've found ourselves in could arise from any number of variable combinations.

There's some real plausibility to your idea.

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Who is Gods creator?

It is common agmonst Ats thread writers and posters to refer to God and the general connotation is that God is the creator of life on earth. Now what God actually is will often lead to emotive debates.

I want to in this thread ask the question who created God? Of course this presumes that God is a real thing of a humanly describable or non-humanly undescribale form.

If God is truely an inventation of the human mind then the answer is quite simple that humans created God.

If not and there is actual in fact something of a separate intelligent force to humans with power enough to create the world and everything in it, then the answer will be completely different.

So who is God?
And who is Gods Creator?

'God', was not 'created'...
All questions presuming otherwise, are wild goose chasing, and irrelevant except as intellectual gymnastics...

A99

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   
who created god? a very good question but not a simple one
the same people who created mankind, im just assuming here and its just my thoughts on this subject but i belive to a certain extent that the human race was created by aliens and when humans walked the earth they created there own god? Just as the humans would choose a leader to represent there country everyone voted for Obama and now hes president

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Since energy cannot be created or destroyed in some way shape or form. It always was.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I'd say that god is the collective consciousness of every living thing in the universe. God would be super intelligent by this concept. God would only be part of those who join this consciousness, including all humans. What created god? God was created as soon as there was more than one lifeform in the universe. If there was no consciousness in this world, life would not work together. Breaking this bond results in chaos and eventually chaotic destruction.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

That is interesting theory. The analogy im thinking of is that of Atoms and Molecules. A Molecule is a collection of two or more atoms and one atom itself cant form a Molecule. Therefore God is like some large Conscious Molecule of collective awareness.
edit on 2-2-2013 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   

reply to post by rickymouse

That is interesting theory. The analogy im thinking of is that of Atoms and Molecules. A Molecule is a collection of two or more atoms and one atom itself cant form a Molecule. Therefore God is like some large Conscious Molecule of collective awareness.
edit on 2-2-2013 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

In that anology, it would mean that there is consciousness there when in fact that would only be structured attraction which is formed by the properties of the elements itself. This I doubt needs consciousness to occur but it could be controlled by consciousness. In the beginning this would have had to be random to form the first life forms hence forming the collective consciousness. If a stout Christian were to read my posts I might be called all sort of names for this hypothesis. It has no evidence so it cannot be a theory. It could be a belief though.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I really can't stand the "God always existed" arguments. It's a cop out and a way to end a very complex discussion.

First of all, What God are we talking about? I'll just assume we're talking about the Christian God.

How in the world can we possibly know that God always existed? The only thing we can go by are religious texts that were written by ordinary men who were supposedly "divinely inspired". How can texts that are riddled with errors be trustworthy? How can we trust such texts that were made centuries ago by men that didn't understand the complexities of the universe? And why did God make it so hard for the truth to be known?

So, if "God" always existed then he would have knowledge that is completely incomprehensible to our tiny minds and yet... he gives his holy word to a bunch of nincompoops instead of creating man at his maximum potential in order to understand and able to write, read in every language so God's word could be passed on and so it could be well preserved. But the Christian God didn't. How is that the work of a God that has always existed?

We have NOTHING to prove that there is a God and we definitely don't have anything to prove that he always existed. All we have are stories passed down through generations.

"God always existed" also makes me wonder why the God in the Bible is so childish and bratty. He kills people at the drop of a hat, gets jealous when people worship another God and makes these crazy rules like people can't eat shrimp or wear different fabrics together.

That does not sound like a God that always existed. A God that always existed would be much more wise and even-tempered than the God of the Bible that acts very much like a child throwing a tantrum. And what is it about God being jealous of other Gods? How are there other Gods? I thought he was the only one. Even if there is no other Gods, then why would he get jealous of them? That would be like me getting jealous of an invisible non-existent person. That's insane! I just don't get how a God like that could have always existed. He sounds extremely limited in brain capacity.

But anyway, cosmologists are at least attempting to solve questions about the beginning and what was before the beginning and all of that. Religion offers no answers, only fairy tales that only make more and more questions.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Who is Gods creator?

So who is God?
And who is Gods Creator?

God has always existed (i.e. necessary being). Everything else had a beginning and cause (i.e. contingent being). So to ask who or what created God doesn't make any sense. Moreover, why would one call a created being "God"?
edit on 21-3-2013 by Sleepwalk85 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Sleepwalk85

: a being or object believed to have more than natural attributes and powers and to require human worship; specifically : one controlling a particular aspect or part of reality

That is Merriam-Webster's opinion on the subject of what a god is. It does not say a god is not a created. My personal theory is that godly beings are simply regular entities who mastered the underlying currents of the universe to the point that they ascended to a higher level of potency than your average singular manifestation. Gods aren't created. They are developed.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   

: a being or object believed to have more than natural attributes and powers and to require human worship; specifically : one controlling a particular aspect or part of reality

That is Merriam-Webster's opinion on the subject of what a god is. It does not say a god is not a created. My personal theory is that godly beings are simply regular entities who mastered the underlying currents of the universe to the point that they ascended to a higher level of potency than your average singular manifestation. Gods aren't created. They are developed.

God with a capital "g" is a necessary being who created all of reality external to Himself. God with a small "g" would be something along the lines of what humans are to ants. Humans aren't "God" to ants.

The definition of God is a theological and philosophical question and thus warrants a source worthy of that.

plato.stanford.edu...

"It is commonly accepted that there are two sorts of existent entities: those that exist but could have failed to exist, and those that could not have failed to exist. Entities of the first sort are contingent beings; entities of the second sort are necessary beings.[1] We will be concerned with the latter sort of entity in this article.

There are various entities which, if they exist, would be candidates for necessary beings: God, propositions, relations, properties, states of affairs, possible worlds, and numbers, among others. Note that the first entity in this list is a concrete entity, while the rest are abstract entities.[2] Many interesting philosophical questions arise when one inquires about necessary beings: What makes it the case that they exist necessarily? Is there a grounding for their necessary existence? Do some of them depend on others? If so, how might one understand the dependence relation?"

I recommend reading the rest of this article.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Very interesting. Do you have the answers necessary to determine, to any degree, the existential nature and/or origin of any gods that currently exist according to the article you just linked? Or did you just link it here to demonstrate how complicated the subject actually is?

That is to say, if you have what you believe to be a fully qualified and philosophically substantiated answer based on those materials, please explain it to us in detail.
edit on 21-3-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join