It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
A vast number of statements and materials presented in the ancient Vedic literatures can be shown to agree with modern scientific findings and they also reveal a highly developed scientific content in these literatures. The great cultural wealth of this knowledge is highly relevant in the modern world.
Techniques used to show this agreement include:
• Marine Archaeology of underwater sites (such as Dvaraka)
• Satellite imagery of the Indus-Sarasvata River system,
• Carbon and Thermoluminiscence Dating of archaeological artifacts
• Scientific Verification of Scriptural statements
• Linguistic analysis of scripts found on archaeological artifacts
• A Study of cultural continuity in all these categories.
• There are more than 2,500 Archaeological sites, two-thirds of which are along the recently discovered dried up Sarasvati River bed. These sites show a cultural continuity with the Vedic literature from the early Harrapan civilization up to the present day India.
• The significance of establishing this date for the drying up of the Sarasvati River is, that it pushes the date for the composition of the Rig Veda back to approximately 3,000 B.C.E., as enunciated by the Vedic tradition itself.
"Pure in her course from the mountains to the ocean, alone of streams Sarasvati hath listened."
The mighty Sarasvati River and it's civilization are referred to in the Rig Veda more than fifty times, proving that the drying up of the Sarasvati River was subsequent to the origin of the Rig Veda
Who really knows, and who can swear,
How creation came, when or where!
Even gods came after creation’s day,
Who really knows, who can truly say
When and how did creation start?
Did He do it? Or did He not?
Only He, up there, knows, maybe;
Or perhaps, not even He.
reply to post by AthlonSavage
TexSo take a seat in the chair of the greatest mystery of all and ponder.t
I think that we refer to GOD as being a male energy because it is the spirit that impregnates inert matter. The spirit animates the body and it's intention, applied science, can change or alter matter.
Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by thedoctorswife
Because that defies the laws of physics...AS WE KNOW THEM.
But again, that brings us back to your question: what do we REALLY know? All too often, we mistake perception for knowledge. I mean, all knowledge is perception, but our perception is limited by our understanding, which results in incomplete knowledge. But we're unwilling to admit that we can take nothing for granted, because that would mean we can trust nothing.
And who really wants to live a paranoid life where you're not even sure if you, yourself, are real?
There are 3 proposed truths
While im in agreement that objective truth is elusive due to human nature, and that subjective truth is emotionally fullfilling, is has no bearing on what we can percieve as true.
Pursuit of objective truth is paramount regardless of its elusivity, or the difficulty in human understanding in percieving and establishing objective truth that isnt subjected to fallibility.