It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who is Gods creator?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Onewhoknowsjesus

Thank you brother. My The One Infinite Creator bless you and may you be aware that he flows though your veins at all times.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Who is God's creator? God ---- insofar as God is an infinite act of self creation........
edit on 31-10-2012 by Vitruvian because: GOD DID IT ALL

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeRpeons
According to the catholic religion... God was and always will be. That should clear up any questions.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Nonchalant

1+1 only equals 2 because you have been taught that since childhood. Had you been taught that 1+1 is 11, or even a symbol like #, that would be your point of reference. It only has meaning because we (Mankind) assign it meaning. Had you been taught that the color blue was written as green, that would be your point of reference and the sum of your knowledge. What we know is only what we have been taught by those who preceeded us, if the teachers were flawed, then where do we stand?

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
The answer is simple, I know the answer but it wouldn't be accepted by 95% of ATSers mortal human beings aren't ready for the answer, they will create 100 new religions and 10,000 new branches of the new 100 religions based on the simple answer which should create no confusion, but humans are generally idiots and will follow the loudest person that yells their false twisted slanted opinion.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Razimus
The answer is simple, I know the answer but it wouldn't be accepted by 95% of ATSers mortal human beings aren't ready for the answer, they will create 100 new religions and 10,000 new branches of the new 100 religions based on the simple answer which should create no confusion, but humans are generally idiots and will follow the loudest person that yells their false twisted slanted opinion.

Aw, come on , give us a clue.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Shaxuul

You say that he (God) addressed those questions already. When? With you? With me? With the OP? It is only your faith that gives words written in a book any legitimacy. I'm glad that you have that faith, but no one can truly say who dictated the bible; so the teacher could have been flawed. No offense, but the bible could have been a blog for all we know, no different than a Dem beating down a Rep or vice versa in today's political blogs. Who's right? What we believe only has value that we assign it as individuals. You read the Bible and found faith, the Muslim read the Quran and found faith, the other religions of the world have read or experienced something that gave their faith value, and every religion of the world beats their chest and claims they are the only one who is right. If you look at it from this perspective, then God truly is within you and a construct of man, because you are only working with the knowledge you have on hand and how you feel about it.

If you had been raised in another country by parents of another belief system, you have to accept the notion that you "might" have a different faith than the one that currently resides within you.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nonchalant
God has always been.

I could use an analogy.

1+1=2

Why? Because it does. Always has always will do. Nothing made that equation work out like that one day by manipulation. It just is.

As God himself said "I Am".
edit on 30-10-2012 by Nonchalant because: (no reason given)

1+1 = 10
in base 2.

On topic; if God is the force of creation, then God "creates himself".

My idea of God is that "he" is an eternal, infinite, conscious field of potential.

I can explain in greater detail what little I understand, but for now I'll leave it at that.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I know what created god.

The stars, the moon, the planets, the weather, and the earthquakes.

They all made god to let humanity know things are all going to be expected and there is not anymore unknown.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

The Catholic church is the last place I would go to with questions, unless my questions concerned a guaranteed method of making thousands of people pay me every week in the name of my beliefs.

I was being sarcastic, hence the wink.
Their answer to this question has no basis in fact. In fact, I don't think anyone or any one religion can answer a question like this.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   
The age old philosophical query gives me personal comfort...

Why? Because.

I think the universe exists because it must exist. It can't not exist. Same with life. It must exist. It is the rule rather than the exception.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Originally posted by Destinyone
reply to post by AthlonSavage

Did I do good......

Nope, sorry.

You created someone who possesses all the characteristics of an egocentric and narcissistic mass murderer and racist.

Read his confession (the bible), it's all in there.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
reply to post by AthlonSavage

Me...

I created God. I gathered copious amounts of Universal Energy, swirled it around, mixed in Galactic Reverberating Tones Inhaled deeply, and breathed life into God.

Did I do good......

Des

U did good
Good description of a pagan New Ager living in America that is

BUT not quite good enuf...............

Originally posted by Vitruvian
Who is God's creator? God ---- insofar as God is an infinite act of self creation........

edit on 1-11-2012 by Vitruvian because: GOD INTERVENED

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitruvian

U did good
Good description of a pagan New Ager living in America that is

And that's a typical response for a middle-class human being living in one of the most deliberately ignorant countries on the planet, who has been alive less than a hundred years yet already knows more than most scientists who are paid triple his wage to study this stuff.

Did you catch the sarcasm, 'cause I meant it.

Originally posted by Vitruvian

A rather vague description, but fairly reasonable.

edit on 1-11-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by WeRpeons

I can, but it requires more copypasta than I have the energy for. Maybe later, when I'm hyped up on coffee and itching to draw blood.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Glass

That is very astute of you. So tell me if god creates himself and we are made in gods image who are?

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by ringlejames

That is very astute of you. So tell me if god creates himself and we are made in gods image who are?

Well then, we obviously create ourselves!

Which I daresay is quite true. Life is what you make of it, yes? Then so it is with ourselves, just as the lives we lead. I think that is the closest you might come to understanding the meaning of life. To 'create' yourself, so as to experience.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by ringlejames
reply to post by Glass

I'm not sure if I fully understand your question, however something comes to mind.

"Made in God's image" has a double meaning; in Genesis 1:27 it is repeated:

So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them.

The first sentence could be interpreted as "God created man in his own likeness", which may not necessarily mean that God is anthropomorphic. We are beings of energy, like God, and the energy from which our bodies are formed is eternal. We have creative potential, the ability to manipulate matter and energy to shape our own reality. And yes, we create ourselves in the sense that we can reproduce biologically.

So what does the second part mean? Is it just repetition for dramatic effect?

I think "The image of God" is the image that God creates; this reality.

So what are we? Conscious beings within a conscious being...

I hope that answers your question.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

You lost me.....Hebrew borrowed from what? Where you getting your outrages claims? Maybe you just dont know yet, but you can ask some historians the oldest language systems stem back to Hebrew. Its already been proven.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Seektruthalways1

Monotheism is a concept that originated in Persia. Today we know this religious stem as Zoroastrian. Abraham was from Ur, a Sumerian City. Abraham paid homage to Melchidek, a high priest from an already established religion. Abraham did not invent his religion.

Akkadian is an extinct Semitic language (part of the greater Afroasiatic language family) that was spoken in ancient Mesopotamia. The earliest attested Semitic language, it used the cuneiform writing system, which was originally used to write ancient Sumerian,
en.wikipedia.org...

The Third Dynasty of Ur, also known as the Neo-Sumerian Empire or the Ur III Empire refers simultaneously to a 21st to 20th century BC (short chronology timeline) Sumerian ruling dynasty based in the city of Ur and a short-lived territorial-political state that some historians regard as a nascent empire. The Third Dynasty of Ur is commonly abbreviated as Ur III by historians of the period.

The earliest mention of the city of Babylon can be found in a tablet from the reign of Sargon of Akkad (2334- 2279 BC), dating back to the 23rd century BC.

The story of Noah's Flood is no more than a "Reader's Digest" condensed version of the "Epic of Gilgamesh" and the creation story is a very bad retooling of the Babylonian mythology of the Enuma Elish.

The stories of Moses are reflections of Hermes Trismegistus, and ancient Greek God/teacher.

According to Vedic and Akkadian creation myths, the "gods" were created after the earth was created. (This means you Yahweh, you are part of creation, not the creator)

Much of the Hebrew culture was also influence by Egypt, which is also way older that the Hebrew religion. The Egyptians' language wasn't Hebrew, BTW.

The Jews and their bible don't have anything purely unique.
edit on 2-11-2012 by windword because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join