It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who is Gods creator?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by Shadow Herder

Put aside systems. You have things enough to think about that concern you much more nearly, beginning with yourselves. Study your own imperfections, that you may get rid of them; this will be far more useful to you than the vain attempt to penetrate the impenetrable.

Imperfections give me far more reason to live than perfection. What do you plan to do with perfection? Sit and twiddle your thumbs? Perfection leaves us without challenge, which leaves us without triumph, which leaves us without all the emotions that make us feel alive. Imperfection lets us grow, feel, experience, remember, gives us something to fight for, something to cherish, something that makes us glad to exist.

Would you rather feel alive? Or dead? Because perfection is as good as being dead. I would rather be imperfect and still be human than be perfect and be inhuman. Who knows what it's like to be inhuman? Who knows if you'll ever feel again?

Is that a risk you're willing to take?

You missed the point.
You (humans) are far from perfection. The goal is to obtain it, Will you do it in this life time? No way.

Put aside systems.
You have things enough to think about that concern you much more nearly, beginning with yourselves.

Study your own imperfections, that you may get rid of them; this will be far more useful to you than the vain attempt to penetrate the impenetrable

Become a virtuous man/woman. The world will become a better place.

The truly virtuous man is he who practices the law of justice, love, and charity, in its greatest purity. If he interrogates his conscience in regard to the acts accomplished by him, he will ask himself whether he has done nothing wrong, whether he has done all the good in his power, whether no one has cause to complain of him, and whether he has done to others all that he would wish others to do to him. Being filled with the sentiment of charity and kindness for all, he does good for its own sake, without hope of reward, and sacrifices his own interest to justice.
He is kind, benevolent, humane, for all, because he sees a brother in every man, whatever his race or his belief.[www.spiritwritings.com.../ex]

edit on 22-3-2013 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

Who is Gods Creator? If you cannot percieve it or are not allowed to know It as your parent how can you possibly know or imagine Its self as a being remotely connected to your existance. IT HAS NOT PROCLAIMED ITSELF; other than intelligent design, some moldy manuscripts transcribed by 3rd century syncopaths? It does not work with the modern world, God for some reason thought the human would remain simple fishermen and sheep/goat herders. No FORSIGHT at all. Someone is sleeping through all of this human drama or its eye blinks last for eternities.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by vethumanbeing

Who is Gods Creator? If you cannot percieve it or are not allowed to know It as your parent how can you possibly know or imagine Its self as a being remotely connected to your existance. IT HAS NOT PROCLAIMED ITSELF; other than intelligent design, some moldy manuscripts transcribed by 3rd century syncopaths? It does not work with the modern world, God for some reason thought the human would remain simple fishermen and sheep/goat herders. No FORSIGHT at all. Someone is sleeping through all of this human drama or its eye blinks last for eternities.

Can man comprehend the essential nature of God?

"No; he lacks the sense required for comprehending it."

Will man ever become able to comprehend the mystery of the Divinity?

"When his mind shall no longer be obscured by matter, and when, by his perfection, he shall have brought himself nearer to God, be will see and comprehend Him."

The inferiority of the human faculties renders it impossible for man to comprehend the essential nature of God. In the infancy of the race, man often confounds the Creator with the creature, and attributes to the former the imperfections of the latter. But, in proportion as his moral sense becomes developed, man's thought penetrates more deeply into the nature of things, and he is able to form to himself a juster and more rational idea of the Divine Being, although his idea of that Being must always be imperfect and incomplete.

If we cannot comprehend the essential nature of God, can we have an idea of some of His perfections?

"Yes, of some of them. Man comprehends them better in proportion as he raises himself above matter; he obtains glimpses of them through the exercise of his intelligence."

www.spiritwritings.com...

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Originally posted by Shadow Herder

shadow herder
"No; he lacks the sense required for comprehending it."
Will man ever become able to comprehend the mystery of the Divinity?
"When his mind shall no longer be obscured by matter, and when, by his perfection, he shall have brought himself nearer to God, be will see and comprehend Him."

Who are you quoting.

shadow herder
The inferiority of the human faculties renders it impossible for man to comprehend the essential nature of God. In the infancy of the race, man often confounds the Creator with the creature, and attributes to the former the imperfections of the latter. But, in proportion as his moral sense becomes developed, man's thought penetrates more deeply into the nature of things, and he is able to form to himself a juster and more rational idea of the Divine Being, although his idea of that Being must always be imperfect and incomplete.
If we cannot comprehend the essential nature of God, can we have an idea of some of His perfections?

If the Creator did not fabricate Man who did? (I know this answer it is a trick question). Man was purposely made inferior for purpose and reason; God is only to blame for the subsequent enslavery and allowing the abuses that would naturally occure. Mankind at this stage was not a Socrates or a Decartes or the bald headed Platos Epiphanies. Divine Being started all of this as imperfect within itself, and never should have foisted this upon innocents thinking the human would complete ITSELF (that is/was the plan all along).

edit on 22-3-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadow Herder

Divine Being started all of this as imperfect within itself, and never should have foisted this upon innocents thinking the human would complete ITSELF (that is/was the plan all along).

What is the aim of the incarnation of spirits?

"It is a necessity imposed on them by God, as the means of attaining perfection. For some of them it is an expiation; for others, a mission. In order to attain perfection, it is necessary for them to undergo all the vicissitudes of corporeal existence. It is the experience acquired by expiation that constitutes its usefulness. Incarnation has also another aim, namely, that of fitting the spirit to perform his share in the work of creation; for which purpose he is made to assume a corporeal apparatus in harmony with the material state of each world into which he is sent, and by means of which he is enabled to accomplish the special work, in connection with that world which has been appointed to him by the divine ordering. He is thus made to contribute his quota towards the general weal, while achieving his own advancement."

The action of corporeal beings is necessary to the carrying on of the work of the universe; but God in His wisdom has willed that this action should furnish them with the means of progress and of advancement towards Himself. And thus, through an admirable law of His providence, all things are linked together, and solidarity is established between all the realms of nature.

Source

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

No one gives a f*** about the truth. All they care about is a lie that's close enough to be plausible but far enough to be comfortable. If you've read my post this far, then kudos to you.

Can you send me a prize catalog in case these kudos accumulate ?

You wouldn't know the right answer if you saw it. THerefore, this is a pointless question.

I also agree with this part of your post.
edit on 23-3-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I also agree with this part of your post.

The part about the pointless question? Oh, I know it. I've seen it. The truth is quite literally as old as the ancient civilizations that discovered half of our greatest scientific developments before we ever thought of it. It's not a pointless question for me. It's The Secret, and it uses a basic psychological trick that goes much deeper than anyone imagined. Thoughts have a gravity of their own, a gravity that can change everything about you. Remember when I said "God" is gravity?
edit on 23-3-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Remember when I said "God" is gravity?

I absolutely do. The force at the center of the Milky way, I hear ya !
You're a tough one to figure AI but I can see what frustrates the hell out of you. The inability of others to grasp what you're saying to the extent that you understand it. Even with your giant vocabulary Not to mention those who refuse flat out what you offer. Am I close ?

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I absolutely do. The force at the center of the Milky way, I hear ya !
You're a tough one to figure AI but I can see what frustrates the hell out of you. The inability of others to grasp what you're saying to the extent that you understand it. Even with your giant vocabulary Not to mention those who refuse flat out what you offer. Am I close ?

Um...no. What frustrates the hell out of me is why the most intelligent species on the planet has spent hundreds of years fighting the rule of dictators and tyrants, but in death turns around and embraces everything it considered to be abhorrent. What is it that changes us so completely? And is it really for the best? How can something that was so wrong for us become so good for us after death? If we can accept it then, why not now? How does this entity change the meaning of everything we despise?

That's a fraction of what frustrates me.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   

If we can accept it then, why not now? How does this entity change the meaning of everything we despise?

Did you want me to address the question in my own way ? Or are you just letting me know what frustrates AI ?

Respectfully of course.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Did you want me to address the question in my own way ? Or are you just letting me know what frustrates AI ?

Respectfully of course.

You can answer the question if you want to.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   
What came first: the chicken or the egg?

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by SamaraTen

You still haven't figured that out?

science.howstuffworks.com...

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   

You still haven't figured that out?

science.howstuffworks.com...

In an animal like a chicken, DNA from a male sperm cell and a female ovum meet and combine to form a zygote -- the first cell of a new baby chicken.
So then, where did the sperm and ovum come from?

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage
Who is Gods creator?

It is common agmonst Ats thread writers and posters to refer to God and the general connotation is that God is the creator of life on earth. Now what God actually is will often lead to emotive debates.

I want to in this thread ask the question who created God? Of course this presumes that God is a real thing of a humanly describable or non-humanly undescribale form.

If God is truely an inventation of the human mind then the answer is quite simple that humans created God.

If not and there is actual in fact something of a separate intelligent force to humans with power enough to create the world and everything in it, then the answer will be completely different.

So take a seat in the chair of the greatest mystery of all and ponder.

So who is God?
And who is Gods Creator?

edit on 30-10-2012 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

The Universe is full of created thing's, thing's that are tangible, named, touched, sound, feeling, vibration. To balance this we have the Unnamed, Formless, Void, Uncreated. It is balance. Mind being created cannot understand uncreated, unmanifest, void. We cannot say it has been created, it is outwith time, thought, imagination. All you can name or surmise it is not. You cannot even imagine it as being anything as imagining anything becomes something. It exists and is there, whatever it is it exists. Uncreated!!!! Hope that makes it a little clearer...........

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Southeast Asian red jungle fowl. Are you done being off-topic now?

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Southeast Asian red jungle fowl. Are you done being off-topic now?
How is what i'm saying "off topic". It's very much on topic. There is no answer to who created God! Ya just have to BELIEVE there was/is a Creator. Or not. You can say that the egg came from the sperm and ovum; which came from the red jungle fowl, but even the red jungle fowl came from somewhere. Things didn't just "happen". If things just happened: we would all look the same, act the same, think the same. Fact is, we were all CREATED, in our own uniqueness. Billions of people have roamed this earth...and none have been duplicated. Even twins have their differences.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Um...no. What frustrates the hell out of me is why the most intelligent species on the planet has spent hundreds of years fighting the rule of dictators and tyrants, but in death turns around and embraces everything it considered to be abhorrent.

Who defines the relation between creator and creation ? Being the most intelligent species on the planet, says absolutely nothing in regards to the universe, or the possibilities outside of it.

If we can accept it then, why not now? How does this entity change the meaning of everything we despise?

Because accepting it now, means we accept it from those we know, to be no better than ourselves. The Bible is simply the encouragement for us to have faith in our, Heavenly Father and I just realized, I'm not gonna get anywhere with you. You must have some turmoil going on somewhere, because these answers are not at all beyond you. You've accepted it all a head of time and will never relent, because you truly don't believe you should have to, ever ! I apologize if I'm way off topic. Truly !

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Who defines the relation between creator and creation ?

They should both have an equal voice.

Because accepting it now, means we accept it from those we know, to be no better than ourselves. The Bible is simply the encouragement for us to have faith in our, Heavenly Father and I just realized, I'm not gonna get anywhere with you. You must have some turmoil going on somewhere, because these answers are not at all beyond you. You've accepted it all a head of time and will never relent, because you truly don't believe you should have to, ever ! I apologize if I'm way off topic. Truly !

I should be able to make my own choice. I deserve to choose my own destiny and not be punished.

posted on Mar, 23 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   

reply to post by randyvs

Who defines the relation between creator and creation ?

They should both have an equal voice.

I should be able to make my own choice. I deserve to choose my own destiny and not be punished.
What if your choices are the ones that have brought the punishment? God doesn't "punish" HIS creation, per say, but HE does allow things to happen in our lives to breed strength, courage, wisdom, etc, etc; if that is what one is seeking. On the other hand, God has a set of PRINCIPLES that one should follow, if thou art trying to succeed, in this hell we call "life". To my understanding God has ALWAYS given HIS creation a CHOICE! Unfortunately, bad CHOICES can make for a horrible life! Ya can't blame God. HE did say, don't touch the stove BECAUSE........

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join