It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who is Gods creator?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Who is Gods creator?

It is common agmonst Ats thread writers and posters to refer to God and the general connotation is that God is the creator of life on earth. Now what God actually is will often lead to emotive debates.

I want to in this thread ask the question who created God? Of course this presumes that God is a real thing of a humanly describable or non-humanly undescribale form.

If God is truely an inventation of the human mind then the answer is quite simple that humans created God.

If not and there is actual in fact something of a separate intelligent force to humans with power enough to create the world and everything in it, then the answer will be completely different.

So take a seat in the chair of the greatest mystery of all and ponder.

So who is God?
And who is Gods Creator?

edit on 30-10-2012 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

Most creationists will say that it is not something that humans can understand. If you are trying to use this fallacy for the basis of evolution, I can say this, where did the energy of the big bang come from? Where did that one thing, how infinitely small in size, come into being? The issue is not with a creator but with how something was created from nothing. It is mind boggling when you think about it

BTW I am an atheist.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Why do you assume he was created?

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
There is a pitfall to this question.

The existence of life is usually people's reason for believing in God or an Intelligent designer because of the notion that everything has to come from something and that something cannot be nothing.

But if you turn it on its head and apply back to the concept of God it does not work. God couldn't just exist, God would have to come from something but they claim God came from nothing.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Is God a being distinct from the universe, or is He, according to the opinion of some, the result of all the forces and intelligences of the universe?

"If the latter were the case, God would not be God, for He would be effect and not cause; He cannot be both cause and effect."

"God exists. You cannot doubt His existence, and that is one essential point. Do not seek to go beyond it; do not lose yourselves in a labyrinth which, for you, is without an issue. Such inquiries would not make you better; they would rather tend to add to your pride, by causing you to imagine that you knew something, while, in reality, you would know nothing. Put aside systems. You have things enough to think about that concern you much more nearly, beginning with yourselves. Study your own imperfections, that you may get rid of them; this will be far more useful to you than the vain attempt to penetrate the impenetrable."

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
maybe god exists because we need him too, and the other way around... its a paradigm.
We wont know until we die i guess!

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Who is Gods creator?

MAN

2nd

link   

I do not know but the question strikes me the same way as if my dog wanted to meet my grandmother before he would accept me as his master. lol That moot. Of course it is a good question and I have wondered it myself. And Ken, that's 3 lines.
edit on 30-10-2012 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

link   

Me...

I created God. I gathered copious amounts of Universal Energy, swirled it around, mixed in Galactic Reverberating Tones Inhaled deeply, and breathed life into God.

Did I do good......

Des

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadow Herder

"If the latter were the case, God would not be God, for He would be effect and not cause; He cannot be both cause and effect."

Ok agree argument is straight forward.

"God exists. You cannot doubt His existence, and that is one essential point. Do not seek to go beyond it; do not lose yourselves in a labyrinth which, for you, is without an issue. Such inquiries would not make you better; they would rather tend to add to your pride, by causing you to imagine that you knew something, while, in reality, you would know nothing. Put aside systems

You are explaining existance as a pattern maze of intelligent design where the purpose for the pattern is to make sure all questions of mind on 'what is God is' or 'what does it all mean'; lead to the person on a seeking trial through the maze and that only leads to more questions or even back to the starting point. Therefore no real answers ever fall out within the maze.

The problem with saying put aside systems is that we as humans are apart of the constructed system. Its a bit hard to dettach a piece of your body and would you even want to risk trying it with your mind and risk insanity.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   

I would ask where electrons go when the seem to "blink" in and out of existence....When they blink out of this world, what world do they go to? Or do they simply stop being for a moment?

In response to your question, which I have asked myself, I say simply that I don't. For all we know if a God or Gods exist then perhaps they always did or perhaps they have no origin, not unlike the big bank in some ways.

If nothing else I can certainly ascertain that it is highly unlikely that we will ever know the answer even if we could somehow confirm the existence of God. Imo, I believe in a higher power. Although I don't know if I would refer to that higher power as God. I base my believes on experiences I have had. Moving on though, I think of God as a sort of consciousness that dictates the laws of our universe. Almost as though the universe itself is a brain that we are merely a part of...like the blood cells in our own brains for instance.

If I were to take a step back from my spiritual beliefs I would venture that alternatively we are part of some sort of vast quantum computer program....like a universal sized Sims. We can live our lives being blissfully unaware of the "God" that is the player is making decisions that impact our lives sometimes subtly, sometimes more directly. These are my thoughts. Take them as you will.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   

One does not dare to question the power of the creator of the creator himself.
Or does he?
I would not know how to answer your beautifully placed question good sir.
I'm sure many of the good old religious folks may answer with pleasure.
Probably with negativity also.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

I do not know but the question strikes me the same way as if my dog wanted to meet my grandmother before he would accept me as his master. lol That moot. Of course it is a good question and I have wondered it myself. And Ken, that's 3 lines.

The dog must of somehow knew your grandmother was the ruling God I guess?

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by GrimReaper86

I would ask where electrons go when the seem to "blink" in and out of existence....When they blink out of this world, what world do they go to? Or do they simply stop being for a moment?

The electron spirals through space. It has a 720 degree revolution. A 360 degree revolution in normal space and thne 360 degree rotation through its anti matter cycle. This is not proven and only a possible explanation for it.

If I were to take a step back from my spiritual beliefs I would venture that alternatively we are part of some sort of vast quantum computer program....like a universal sized Sims. We can live our lives being blissfully unaware of the "God" that is the player is making decisions that impact our lives sometimes subtly, sometimes more directly. These are my thoughts. Take them as you will.

Your thoughts sounds reasonable to me. It could be we are in a universal simulation and we as people are the equivalent of binary bits flowing through the computers motherboard.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadow Herder

I'm no physicist, but isn't "cause and effect" a closed system? I believe that we can be the cause and the effect. For example, if I tell my boss off, in a very unprofessional and rude manner, and he fires me, am I not the cause and effect of my situation of joblessness? If cause and effect don't lie within a closed system, then free will doesn't exist, because free will, by definition, is cause and effect, according to Christians, anyway.

That brings me around to the question, does god exist within a closed system, ie the universe, or outside of the creation? If god doesn't exist within the system, which we perceive as all that is, then god doesn't exist. If god exists within the system, then the system IS god.

Finally, if god isn't everything that exists, but does exist, then god is just a greater being than I, and not God the Creator.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage
reply to post by newcovenant

The dog must of somehow knew your grandmother was the ruling God I guess?

My grandmother hates this dog. I am the one who gives the dog life in the way of all sustenance and even reason to live. Without me the dog is lost....he might go to my grandmother. But she would surely kill it. I on the other hand love the dog without reservation. Trying to train the stupid thing though. Whispering....

edit on 30-10-2012 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
God is the terminal point. The alpha and omega. There is no further regression, that's the whole point. God is eternal. That's what eternity implies.

You don't have to believe in God, but the OP question is erroneous to the idea.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
you are God.

i am God.

god is God.

'nuff said.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   

I can think of three possibilities:

1. Humans created God in their image.
2. God was created by another supernatural being (this becomes a circular argument).
3. God is transcendental and exists outside of this temporal and spatial range.

Any others? I'm leaning towards number one.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Who is Gods creator?

Me...

Or, anyone else with an imagination.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join