It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chris Christie Praises Obama's Leadership with Sandy

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Well well, Finally some good news from Sandy.

A Major Speaker from the GOP Convention, and just Generally known to speak the Truth, Christie, heaped Praise on the POTUS handling of Hurr Sandy.

Christie told news outlets that the president’s response had been “outstanding,” said that coordinating with the administration had been “wonderful,” and remarked that “the president has been all over this and he deserves great credit.”

Nice to see Politics put aside in a time of Crisis. blogs.wsj.com...

edit on 30-10-2012 by Tw0Sides because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I am glad to see not everything is partisan.

I am out of the country right now but I am wondering how Fox is reporting on this. Anyone Know?

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grimpachi
I am glad to see not everything is partisan.

I am out of the country right now but I am wondering how Fox is reporting on this. Anyone Know?

Last time I looked ( briefly, as Faux News makes me nauseous) they were ignoring it. The nutjobs on Conservapedia on the other hand have already labelled Christie a despicable RINO.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Giving credit where credit is due.
Now my question .... what exactly does the POTUS do with all this? Anyone know? I thought the governors were the ones who mostly handled everything.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Now my question .... what exactly does the POTUS do with all this? Anyone know? I thought the governors were the ones who mostly handled everything.

Governors handle a lot, but they need Federal help and it's the Federal authorities (headed by the President) who decide what to release to those States. Christie wouldn't have been so effusive in his praise if Obama had had nowt to do with it.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 06:30 AM
link   
let me remind everyone that the outward display of leadership & concern by Øbama in his love-fest tour of the NJ calamity with Christie... is just a display of reputation and popularity that was carefully rehearsed or Staged...

the 'real' Øbama... his essence and his character was partially revealed when he was out of the public eye, at the WH during the Benghazi attack upon American public servants with embassy status v. the Islamic radicals (all of which is deliberately being stonewalled and obscured by the WH/Administration Z& party hacls loyal to Øbama, with hands held out awaiting reward if he is reelected)

i paraphrase an Adage about 'Character'....
~Character is not your behavior in front of the public, 'Character' is your actions when you think that no one is watching~

here's a link with hundreds of meanings & proverbs about the meaning of 'Character'.. find one that applies to the public-v-private Øbama we have seen over the past 4 years.

www.goodreads.com...

personally, the MSNBC spin on the Christy-Øbama love fest sickened me this morning...
but the sheeple will be eating the crap up till they go to the polls on Tues.
and think they are re-electing a competent, God fearing, Christian, American
edit on 1-11-2012 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 06:46 AM
link   
What is wrong with this guy?
Does he not know that partisan politics trumps everything?
We are not interested in your opinion - if it does not agree with ours!
We don't even care if you are not doing your job, if it would mean you had to "cow-tow" to some one like HIM!
After all - HE IS A DEMOCRATE !!!
We can't keep him to just one term with this kind of behavior from our guys.
This will end up killing Christie's political carreer.
edit on 1-11-2012 by seriousskeptic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 06:47 AM
link   

A National Talk Show Host ~ had a spiel on Wednesday that it is their view that Christie is trying to elect Øbama... because Øbama will have had his term limit and Romney will be out of the way for the 2016 run for President

i think the idea is a stretch,,,, but it is worth thinking about

As for the Øbama reason... he is using up all this social based opportunity to derail all the negative BenghaziGate mess he created in the full 2 weeks after Sept 11th... he's doing a masterfull acting job and casting doubt that he was callous with the lives of the Ambassador and the active & voluntary men who offered protectionand died heroes in my book
edit on 1-11-2012 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by seriousskeptic
What is wrong with this guy?
Does he not know that partisan politics trumps everything?
We are not interested in your opinion - if it does not agree with ours!
We don't even care if you are not doing your job, if it would mean you had to "cow-tow" to some one like HIM!
After all - HE IS A DEMOCRATE !!!
We can't keep him to just one term with this kind of behavior from our guys.
This will end up killing Christie's political carreer.
edit on 1-11-2012 by seriousskeptic because: (no reason given)

Erm, they're talking about a response to a major disaster. And what's with the demonisation of Obama and the shouting of the fact that he's a Democrat?

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by AngryCymraeg

Saying he's a Democrate is far better than saying anything about "him being 'other than us'" as many have been eager to point out since his election.
If you listen to the talking heads, they are beginning to question Christie's political values.
Just a heads-up on what may be to come for his furture.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio
A National Talk Show Host ~ had a spiel on Wednesday that it is their view that Christie is trying to elect Øbama... because Øbama will have had his term limit and Romney will be out of the way for the 2016 run for President
i think the idea is a stretch,,,, but it is worth thinking about

I'm not so sure. Christie was demonising Obama just a week ago. Besides, the best way to get ahead in the nominee stakes is to hit the rubber chicken circuit in Iowa fairly early on. Christie wasn't running this year, so he has no ground game in Iowa and any early state. Now here's a funny thing - with the exception of Dubya, the eventual Republican nominee since 1976 has been the runner up from the previous election (Reagan came second to Ford in '76 and was the nominee in '80, Bush was the runner up from Reagan in '80 and was the nominee in '88, Dole came second in '88 and was the nominee in '96, McCain was the runner up in '00 and was the nominee in '08). That means that there's a good chance that Santorum will be the nominee in the next major Republican nomination process.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Saying he's a Democrate is far better than saying anything about "him being 'other than us'" as many have been eager to point out since his election.
If you listen to the talking heads, they are beginning to question Christie's political values.
Just a heads-up on what may be to come for his furture.

Why do you keep spelling it "Democrate" by the way?

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   

I hope you will pardon my spelling.
I know it ain't all that good.
I should have spelled it -- Demo-crate. that would seem a little closer to correct.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Im still wondering what exactly the POTUS does in a situation like this?

By all measure the complete absence of the individual or even the office would have no bearing on the response.

Seems to be more and more like the Queen of England everyday.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   

I hope you will pardon my spelling.
I know it ain't all that good.
I should have spelled it -- Demo-crate. that would seem a little closer to correct.

Just leave the 'e' off the end.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides
Well well, Finally some good news from Sandy.

A Major Speaker from the GOP Convention, and just Generally known to speak the Truth, Christie, heaped Praise on the POTUS handling of Hurr Sandy.

Christie told news outlets that the president’s response had been “outstanding,” said that coordinating with the administration had been “wonderful,” and remarked that “the president has been all over this and he deserves great credit.”

Nice to see Politics put aside in a time of Crisis. blogs.wsj.com...

edit on 30-10-2012 by Tw0Sides because: (no reason given)

I think it really must be embarrassing for him to bad mouth Obama so much then come back with his tail between his legs and do a mother may I. I think this clearly shows how republicans can get themselves in a real bind it showing smarts. extra DIV

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by thetiler
I think it really must be embarrassing for him to bad mouth Obama so much then come back with his tail between his legs and do a mother may I. I think this clearly shows how republicans can get themselves in a real bind it showing smarts.

I totally agree. Christie certainly does look humbled in this photograph.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeatherNLace
I totally agree. Christie certainly does look humbled in this photograph.

I think he just looks tired (he's not in the best of shape for this kind of thing) and heartbroken about what has happened to his home state of New Jersey. He sounded heartbroken on TV. I dont' see 'humbled'. But ... different people see different things I guess ...

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   

I think he just looks tired (he's not in the best of shape for this kind of thing) and heartbroken about what has happened to his home state of New Jersey. He sounded heartbroken on TV. I dont' see 'humbled'. But ... different people see different things I guess ...

Agreed. It's one thing to hear about what might happen in a certain scenario, but it's another thing to see it right in front of you. Christie is a proud son of New Jersey. Seeing the damage must have been like a punch in the gut.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Well One thing is certain, if Obama wins Christie will in fact be primaried by an ultraconservative Tea party candidate next fall. It was however refreshing to see political differences buried to address the current emergency.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<<   2 >>

join