It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

B.C. teen arrested for photographing mall takedown

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
To the young and inexperienced; a camera somehow gets interpreted as a "power" symbol.
Never, ever, ever be obvious when recording, photographing, video, filming anything. But when
confronted; take the path of least resistance; Claim you didn't know and ask forgiveness.

Remember no one wants to be recorded violating the rights of others. Cameras will be outlawed long before
guns. Be discrete but show the world we live in while we still can.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I have filmed in that mall! I mounted a camera on my bike handlebars and then proceeded to film it as though I was riding my bike through the mall upstairs and down. Took security about 5 minutes to catch up to me. They asked me not to ride in the mall. I wasn't riding it. But on film it looked as though I was.
They followed me for about 5 minutes all the way down to my car. Must have been a slow day for them!
They never asked me to leave the mall, but they sure made their presence known.

If they asked me to delete the footage they would have been in for a fight. I'm 6'4" and about 265 pounds of vegan muscle. The malls security are all mostly midgets with attitudes. I also know my rights! No way would they be stopping me from my rights of movement or free speech.

I'd tell them to take me to court for it, and if they detain me; that I'd be suing them for unlawful detainment, and restricting my rights. This kid should do the same thing.

Security has the right to talk to you and that's it! They can take down my description and license plate and forward that to the police!

Security is not court appointed police, and have ZERO power to enforce anything except detainment in cases of theft, vandalism, trespassing. They have the same powers as every other person. You would be surprised to learn about what they can and can not do! If someone fights them off, they are supposed to just get descriptions and forward it to police as they can be sued for anything. Security was probably trying to protect their own asses because they where in the wrong having a guy pinned to the ground like in the photos. That guy who was pinned can now sue for unlawful detainment, injuries, and charter of rights violations. Does not matter what he has done. he now has evidence!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Noticed how LE has nearly zero respect for peoples private property. Instead of taking the time removing the handcuffs to remove and inspect the back pack, they used the lazy method of just cutting the straps because private property has no value and little importance to them. Imagine if we all acted like that all the time how ugly our world would be.

reply to post by kalisdad

Again, I have no argument about his not following rules, but your association of posted rules being linked with trespassing laws is a complete farce.

<< 2  3  4   >>

join