It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Governor Christy Praises President Obama

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Svipdagr
It makes me mad that people use disastrous events as a means for politics. The devastation was immense....how heartless can people be. Not only that but Obama is supposed to look this afternoon....he hasn't even done anything yet. I have no idea about Romney either. Honestly they should just keep their mouths shut and do everything they can to help recovery efforts and not milk this disaster for politics.

edit on 31-10-2012 by Svipdagr because: (no reason given)

I am sorry but the majority of people who say stuff like this are the first people to call the politicians out when they DO NOT go visit the locations. What would you expect the sitting President of the United States to do when a storm essentially places 10 million people underwater or without basic services?

If the President doesn't visit the devastation he is heartless, cold and insensitive. If the President visits the scenes of devastation, he is using it as a publicity stunt... you really don't have any possibility of making everyone happy at once.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

Christie KNOWS this is over and Obama has won. He is distancing himself from the feckless Romney and is positioning for 2016.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by FeatherofMaat
reply to post by newcovenant

Christie KNOWS this is over and Obama has won. He is distancing himself from the feckless Romney and is positioning for 2016.

This is the most optimistic thought I have heard all day. I think I will take this one to bed.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by openyourmind1262
I would say it's just to shine the "good light" on FEMA. And pave the way for FEMA to get some cash...I bet those folks in New Orleans are wondering.....Where the hell did this FEMA come from? The one we got with Katrina..sucked.

Yeah, exactly! But see, they had Bush calling the shots back then... at least the people in charge this time around cut the red tape and got it done! Applause and kudos to all our leaders federal, state, and local.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by graceunderpressure
Call me cynical, but I wonder if the POTUS support would have been as stellar in, say, 2009. If I were one of Obama's campaign advisors, I would have warned him about being under a comparative microscope and told him that nothing less than a perfect response to the situation would suffice. "Don't give the Romney camp anything to criticize."

Campaign issues aside, Christie's straightforward style is refreshing.

Yes, the support would have been the same in 2009. The Obama administration was educated by the Katrina disaster. They realized people remember this stuff. Anybody with a brain had already figured out what a PR disaster Katrina was for Bush.

That response (hypothetical response in 2009) might have been driven by politics, not sympathy for the people. And that might be the case now as well. But, no, I don't think being a week before the election had much influence. Maybe a little, but not much.
edit on 1-11-2012 by ClintK because: space

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 03:51 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Did anyone see that career dissapation light flashing in Cristie's eye?
He should have known Obama would not and could not follow through on his promises to help.
Christie should prepare his application to Thelma's School of Typewriter Repair.
edit on 3-11-2012 by Nite_wing because: I wasn't sure Thelma was still in business

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by FeatherofMaat

While there may be some validity to that statement, Christie is governor of New Jersey. If he does not get the help New Jersey needs as quickly as possible it could destroy him politically. In that sense, he could care less about Mitt Romney. Romney isn't going to do anything right now to help his state.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join