It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Raising interest in occult

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I have always been interested in the paranormal/occult. but lately i have been extremely interested. Mainly in witchcraft/magic stuff, and astral projection/remote viewing stuff...

Does anyone care to give me any tips or anything about any of these subjects? Any information would be greatly appreciated, basicly cause i am really bored... THNX

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Heh...every time I go to Books-a-million and I walk around aimlessly with a book to my nose, whenever I look up the first time I wind up in the occult section. I have a serious drawing to it, but I'm more afraid of what it can do to me if I play around with things that I don't understand.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Your request is kind of general, so I will try to give a general response.

Try to think up and post some really specific questions. ATS is an amazing resource for contacting people with all kinds of experience and knowlege--not just people like me who might have read a few books, but people who have been deeply involved.

I don't mean to turn a fun casual inquiry into WORK, but try to investigate these subjects with some intellectual analysis. These are topics that there is just so much crap written about. Which is fine I guess if you are just seeking entertainment, but to really understand witchcraft and magick, you have to also learn about yourself, your own psychology and your own spirituality. I consider this a very worthy pursuit if it is done responsibly.

Here's a couple books that I thought gave reasonable introductions:

On magick: Real Magic (An Introductory Treatise on the Basic Principles of Yellow Magic) by Philip Emmons Isaac Bonewits. This is an older book that your library may have. In fact your library might be a good place to start your investigations, just to see what they have. Most libraries make an effort to avoid the worst of the junk books and find stuff at least popularly accepted within the field.

On Witchcraft:The Spiral Dance by Starhawk.

These may not be the best sources out there, but they were helpful to me.
I hope this is of some help to you as well.

Oh, and I just wanted to add: For the absolute, most concise summary of Magick as I understand it, simply read my signature line.

[edit on 19-10-2004 by cimmerius]

new topics

join