It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greatest country on Earth

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant
reply to post by AthlonSavage

Norway
Switzerland
Sweden
Germany
Costa Rica

My vote goes to Costa Rica its warm there.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grimpachi

Originally posted by newcovenant

Norway
Switzerland
Sweden
Germany
Costa Rica

My vote goes to Costa Rica its warm there.

Costa Rica has a great deal going for it including something like a 91% literacy rate among it's people (it only cost $200 to go to college) and it is eco friendly. Contrast that to the USA. We even sell lottery tickets with the money going toward education and schools and we STILL rank 26th in literacy and of course ecology is a dirty word.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
1) Social Welfare system - 4
2) Police force - 1 - Just too corrupt, you can get away with murder (literally) without having to be an Elite
3) Food supply to population - 2
4) Medical - 3
5) Cost of living - 3
6) Political system - 3
7) Ethics and Morality in Society - 3
8) Level of crime in populus - 1
9) Employment & jobs - 3
10) Opportunities to advance in life - 2

Score: 25

Is really hard giving an accurate score because whenever I go to Venezuela I get to interact with people high in government and corporations but also really poor who live in gangs and have very little money and just about everything in between, so even though is the same country almost all of the above will be different depending on an individual's circumstances.

Just to give an example, with Level of Crime... anyone in medium/high classes would have suffered from crime at some stage, from having jewellery/watch snapped off them by a running thief or having your car broken into and the stereo stolen but the people I met in poor zones would not normally suffer from this as they have nothing worth stealing and tend to have a stronger community spirit and watch eachother's back. I had a decent car when I was there and I went in places my family said I was "crazy" to dare going to with such a car... but the people I knew in these poorer areas would simply tell others in the community not to mess with my car as I am a friend and I never had anything bad happening to me in these so called "dangerous zones"... no one stole from me and everyone was very friendly.

So the Level of crime for a medium/high class individual could be between 0-1 but for a low class citizen it might be 3-4 in peaceful poor areas but could be 0-2 in dangerous poor areas... and I can think of similar scenarios for almost every item on the list.

I think the scores given on this will be largely based on the class status of the person giving the score and how varied their past experiences with others from all status ranges have been like.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

ok i see your point

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by dollukka

According the newsweek its Finland

It might be a little cold at winter time, but its a great season too

Simply can't be right.
Breedlines and what not.
www.hs.fi...

Better rethinks those criteria, who ever came up with Finland being #1.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Summerian

Helsinki area has largest population in Finland. There were a study why there is such a big bread line and they interviewed people in that line. Many said they are there was temporal need because of Quick loans ( you gotta hate those they do not help anyone ), some were there only because they say food is too expensive in the stores even they would afford it. Some said when they needed food help first time after that it was easier to go there no matter did they actually needed help or not. Those who actually need the help is half of the amount who are standing there. The food they give in those lines is good food before expiration date. When stores gives huge amount of food to charity they are doing disservice to themselves, they are allready thinking if it should be closed down.

Biggest reason for quick loans in Finland is to fast money to have a party.. expecially among young adults.
edit on 31-10-2012 by dollukka because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join