It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bigfoot does exist, claim scientists

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by leo123
reply to post by TFCJay

Believe - I have seen one.Damn near hit the thing one night on an old logging road on the north part of Vancouver Island. Scared the absolute %^&%^* out of me.

Pedal to the medal.

Mi ghtve been that dumb ass in montana that ran out in the road dressed like big foot as a prank....and got run over....lol

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flatfish

Originally posted by Osiris1953
reply to post by BigFrigginAl

The site seems rather legit, but not being familiar with them it's hard to say.

Not that they have a reputation of distorting bigfoot stories or anything like that, but they are considered by many to be far from reputable.

www.splcenter.org...

WND’s point of view is best described as a cross between the now-defunct supermarket tabloid Weekly World News, which was famous for reporting on Elvis sightings, and The New American, a monthly magazine published by the far-right, conspiracist John Birch Society. In its 15 years online, it has introduced readers to a smorgasbord of bizarre ideas, specializing in anti-gay, anti-Muslim, and anti-liberal propaganda; antigovernment conspiracy theories; and end-times prophecy.

It featured a six-part series claiming (falsely) that soybean consumption causes homosexuality and promoted Scott Lively’s vile opus The Pink Swastika, which says that gays were behind the Holocaust. It has identified the first “leftist” as Satan, and declared that Muslims have a “20-point plan for conquering the United States by 2020.” It has warned of secret plans to create a North American Union, advised readers to invest all their assets in gold, and promoted myriad, if conflicting, theories about when and how the world will end.

www.salon.com...

WorldNetDaily (WND) says it opposes racism in any form. That’s why the online publication has added a series of articles on “black mob violence” to its usual fare of antigovernment conspiracy theories, gay-bashing, anti-Muslim propaganda, and End Times prophecy.

Just the same, I still hope the bigfoot story is true.
Ummm......you do know that your quoting the southern poverty law center on that.............right? Not the most reputable site for factual information. Not to mention that its the illegitimate child of Mark Potack. Need I say more?

YouSir

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   
So they found some guy in the woods? Who cares. If there was a big foot it would have been found by now. It would be in the zoo on display. Amusement parks would be named after it like sea world. One does not simply hide in the woods.
edit on 31-10-2012 by Dishonored because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Dishonored

WOW!
you my friend are very arrogant!

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by GezinhoKiko

WOW!

An 8 foot ape seen through multiple continents that has never been identified and only spoken of in folk lore and I'm the arrogant one because I call bulll?

Okay.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   

You might be surprised about who's still hiding in the woods of this world.
And Siberia isn't such a bad place to hide, I would think.

Since 2000, at least 25 new species of primate have been described—16 lemurs and nine monkeys, including the GoldenPalace.com Monkey or Madidi titi, named by auction.

source

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dishonored

WOW!

multiple continents

Okay.

you see?
its worldwide
we have plenty of evidence
the videos alone should be enough to see that
just open your mind a little
why is it so hard to believe?

its strange, i actually know 2 people who believe theres aliens among us on earth, and yet refuse to believe in Sasquatch
go figure

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
With all the first-hand accounts, scat, and hair samples, it's only a matter of time before someone comes up with a body, especially in frozen tundra. Where a bigfoot in a wooded area would be quickly "taken back" by nature, one in this type of environment would inevitably be preserved to some extent.

If someone with enough money and resources would step forward to spearhead an expedition, I bet it wouldn't take them very long to find one, living or dead. If they do exist, there has to be at least a sustainable breeding population around the world. That would mean at least 300-400 of them per locale, would it not?

The fact that nobody has captured/killed one yet shows, on the creature's part, some semblance of intelligence (stay away from humans. Humans=danger.).

I'll be waiting with bated breath for the day that someone is able to actually capture one of these elusive creatures, just to shut up the debunker community.

-TS

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Belief does not make real. I may believe in Santa Claus, but that does not enable the reality of a guy in a red suit that circumvents the globe once a year, aye?

For all the sightings, videos, sounds, and beliefs, there is no conclusive corpse or evidence. Bigfoot is as elusive as Santa Claus.
edit on 10/31/12 by Druid42 because: spelling

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
What I don't understand is there are Bigfoot sightings all over different cities and countries. You would think with them being seen that far apart there is some sort of mass reproduction going on. How is it nobody can ever prove to see one with that many running around freely? Perhaps they found a way to live underground and only are out and about to gather food or materials, that would explain never seeing them. I would say same goes to ET's, we can ever seem to have solid evidence but the difference in that is they don't live here unlike Bigfoot (If it's real) I don't know, I have mixed reviews on this case.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

Sorry to be so blunt, but does Santa leave hair samples and take a dump on your fireplace when he visits your house on Christmas Eve? (The only time that happened for me was when my dog decided that she was going to eat all the chocolate out of the stockings...quite the mess....
).

We have tangible evidence and first hand accounts from reputable people. That's the first step to proving something is out there.

-TS

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Yea, i have to agree. Don't you love that show where they are out in the woods yelling and whooping and then they here something and look all serious and say " We have a Squatch!." No, you have a drunk redneck whooping back (especially if they know some out-of-towners are out looking for a "Squatch"

It would be really neat, but guys and gals, there is no such thing as the Sasquatch in America. Many would have been shot by now. I could see something staying alive in remote Siberia or Alaska for a bit, but even there you have people everywhere and they are armed. No bones from dead ones, no nothing. Unfortunately, we have lots of humans who want to pretend to be a Sasquatch and really get a laugh out of it. We also have a lot of people who see what they want to see. There are no Mermaids, Unicorns or Dragons either. Sorry. If you want to put your "Hope" for something, vote for Obama...

V

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   

So they found some guy in the woods? Who cares. If there was a big foot it would have been found by now. It would be in the zoo on display. Amusement parks would be named after it like sea world. One does not simply hide in the woods.
edit on 31-10-2012 by Dishonored because: (no reason given)

Sadly I have to agree with you. If Bigfoot was found, it would most definitely be tested on and probably end up in the zoo because God forbid it not be human (even though apparently it resembles us)

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I really doubt that there are Bigfoots, there is just no evidence. Sure there are footprints, how many are hoaxes, there are a scant few photos, some clearly and admittedly hoaxes, but no remains have ever been found... remember the Sasquatch in the freezer a couple years back.... or the Sasquatch running in the stream bed looking back at the camera.... Even this 'Link' seems vague and not really definitive, as they primarily tell what the sample isn't. I was on a 'Delphi forum' some years back, and there was never anything in the way of 'Concrete evidence', yet the forum slogged along, and I'm not sure it still exists either.
This is about as believable as 'Hollow Earth', Nibiru, Dragons, Fairies, Leprechauns, Vampires or Magic.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by Athin

Ummmm, what? Are you in the right thread or?..........

I quoted what he copied and responded to it... all you have to do is read the entire post to see what I was talking about. Stop wasting internet.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
An 8-10 ft tall master of wilderness with senses, speed and strength that put any man's to shame is going to see you approaching long before you see it and know how to avoid you. Some have been within 50 feet of one but they are camouflaged with hair matching the bark of trees (various hair colors are auburn, black, brown).

To say, of the millions of modern an ancient sightings, and that all Native Americans had some conspiracy centuries ago to fool white settlers who they didn't even know existed yet, is quite simply foolish. Even naive. There is clear footage of 9-10 ft tall figures that moved 2-3x faster than a man possibly could. I referenced some in my other thread, but those who don't want to believe won't ever do so. If you live in Arkansas, make a few night visits to my house (just let me screen you so you're not a lunatic). However, most that doubt its existence are ones that didn't even try to seek it out in a vast wilderness. If you're waiting for a body, then I have news for you, they bury their dead. Not to mention, how many times did you find a wolf body in the wilderness? Bodies disappear practically overnight. They are intelligent creatures and, in the wilderness, far more intelligent (strategic I should say) than you ever could hope to be.
edit on 31-10-2012 by TheLegend because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by intelligenthoodlum33
The Patterson film was proof long ago, but people are generally too arrogant to believe that something exists that they don't know about.

Skepticism has it's place as a tool, but don't let it turn you into one.

If this was on CNN people would be all for it...yet we condemn MSM every chance we get.
Amen to that,finally someone gives a grown up reply instead of trying to be a comedian.

if this is true it's pretty awesome to say the least,there are far too many sightings fo this to be blown off like it's a joke.This creature is real it;s here and we need to get it through our collective heads that we are sharing this planet with creatures we only thought existed in our imaginations.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Bigfoot is one of those things which have been around for ages. So many people have tried to prove Bigfoot is real. I for one would like the mystery finally solved. All the person who did the DNA test needs to do is have other labs test the sample. If they get the same results then we have something real finally.

Proving Bigfoot is real would help to solve so many unanswered questions about human evolution.

The website which reposted this story is new for me so I have no back reference of them posting any Hoax. The original website which posted the story looks legit to me.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by BigFrigginAl

Interesting article. I was listening to a Scientist talk about this the other day. He's one of those guys who's not apart of mainstream science (I need to go find his name).

But he was saying how Bigfoot is real.... and it's obvious from certain perspectives of evolution.

He talked a lot about Microevolution & Macroevolution.

He was saying how science can prove that Microevolution is happening all around us all the time, but Macroevolution is what science cannot prove is or was happening.

I believe he was trying to say that bigfoot could be that piece of evidence to show that Macroevolution is happening.

(Note: his theories tend to lean towards AA and genetic manipulation of Humans)
edit on 31-10-2012 by dplum517 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   

WOW!

multiple continents

Okay.

you see?
its worldwide
we have plenty of evidence
the videos alone should be enough to see that
just open your mind a little
why is it so hard to believe?

its strange, i actually know 2 people who believe theres aliens among us on earth, and yet refuse to believe in Sasquatch
go figure

I have better trump card. Billions believe in Jesus.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join