It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bigfoot does exist, claim scientists

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+50 more 
posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   

(NEWS.com.au) — DNA tests on hair found supposedly found in a Siberian may actually prove the existence of the Abominable Snowman.

Three separate DNA tests of the hair reported it “came from a human-like creature which is not a Homosapien yet is more closely related to man than a monkey”.

Hello ATS, tired of politics? Me too. How about some cryptid news...I just came across this news piece, I know nothing about this site, however, it states 3 tests suggest it came from an unknown primate, if I am reading correctly in my haste to post here before lunch hour is over. Have always been a believer that Bigfoot does indeed exist, this news would be very cool if true. On pad, not sure how to inert websites, am going to copy and paste.

www.wnd.com...
edit on 10/30/2012 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

edit on Tue Oct 30 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: changed tags

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by BigFrigginAl

In haste, left out...DNA tests.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   

The site seems rather legit, but not being familiar with them it's hard to say.

I too would love to have proof of yeti/big foot/skunk apes, but I'm not about to get my hopes up. I guess time will tell, if it is legit, this story will get much bigger soon.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I wish I could believe.

+8 more 
posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by TFCJay

Believe - I have seen one.Damn near hit the thing one night on an old logging road on the north part of Vancouver Island. Scared the absolute %^&%^* out of me.

Pedal to the medal.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
If huffinton post is reporting on it dont get your hopes up.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I just wonder how many are left

They are running out of places to hide

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by BrianG

I suspect there a lot we don't know about this planet - especial in the ocean.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
After a little more poking around on the site, it does seem legit, the site that is. I had an "encounter" as a kid, not much of one, but the growl n howl I heard was unlike anything ever before or after...since than I have always been interested in this topic (among others). It will be very interesting to follow this out. On the plus side it is DNA, not Biscardi and a frozen rubber suit...so there is that

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Osiris1953

The site seems rather legit, but not being familiar with them it's hard to say.

Not that they have a reputation of distorting bigfoot stories or anything like that, but they are considered by many to be far from reputable.

www.splcenter.org...

WND’s point of view is best described as a cross between the now-defunct supermarket tabloid Weekly World News, which was famous for reporting on Elvis sightings, and The New American, a monthly magazine published by the far-right, conspiracist John Birch Society. In its 15 years online, it has introduced readers to a smorgasbord of bizarre ideas, specializing in anti-gay, anti-Muslim, and anti-liberal propaganda; antigovernment conspiracy theories; and end-times prophecy.

It featured a six-part series claiming (falsely) that soybean consumption causes homosexuality and promoted Scott Lively’s vile opus The Pink Swastika, which says that gays were behind the Holocaust. It has identified the first “leftist” as Satan, and declared that Muslims have a “20-point plan for conquering the United States by 2020.” It has warned of secret plans to create a North American Union, advised readers to invest all their assets in gold, and promoted myriad, if conflicting, theories about when and how the world will end.

www.salon.com...

WorldNetDaily (WND) says it opposes racism in any form. That’s why the online publication has added a series of articles on “black mob violence” to its usual fare of antigovernment conspiracy theories, gay-bashing, anti-Muslim propaganda, and End Times prophecy.

Just the same, I still hope the bigfoot story is true.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Heres a rather more detailed source for you The Siberian Times

It seems the original story comes from a local government web site

Bizarrely, too, the report on the regional government website claims that Yeti are intuitive about impending disasters. They 'leave the area where they are about to happen. Like with the earthquake, the animals are somehow able to get connected to the information channel from the future,' states the story with no explanation. 'If scientists manage to explain how exactly the Yeti manages to obtain this information channel and feel what is about to happen.....mankind would develop the way of the most exact forecasting of the future and would be able to know about coming disasters well in advance'.

Bizarre indeed, Is local government trying to drum up some tourists? Or are the Yetis in a rush to get out of town before the end of 2012 and getting lazy about leaving their hair around
I wonder
edit on 30-10-2012 by davespanners because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
The story's true source is in your excerpt in the OP and just regurgitated (for lack of a better term) from the source link you posted in the OP, from a more originating source, written by Alison Godfrey

So the Yeti DOES exist. Scientists say so (Full Article)

...and an excerpt...

But is it all an elaborate hoax? That’s the suggestion the Siberian Times is making this morning after Dr Birtsev strangely played down the findings. “I doubt that they have indeed managed to carry out a DNA test on Azasskaya Cave hair, and doubt that they found how close the Yeti is to humans by its DNA,” he was quoted as saying.

“It has not been done anywhere in the world. I take it that they've worked with electronic microscopes, but have they compared it to other samples? I am not sure. So I am rather sceptical about Valentin Sapunov's conclusions.” Could it maybe have something to do with the fact that a major bookmaker is offering 100-1 odds on the existence of a yeti being proven by the end of 2012?

A Paddy Power spokesperson said: “It's true, at odds of 100/1 we do risk putting a Bigfoot in our mouth if these recent sightings turn out to be genuine.” And then there's the fact that the "evidence" just happened to be released on Halloween. Real or not real? You tell us.

I say not real...and I would have even gone as far as putting the odds at 1,000,000/1

edit on 10/30/2012 by UberL33t because: tags

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I still believe the big guy is around.
Just my opinion.

www.bfro.net...

Kind of old news,but worth a revisit.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   

edit on 30-10-2012 by writtenimage because: responded to the wrong post. too many tabs open.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I Want To Believe!

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
It's true
Today, it's a bunch of bigfoots that are controlling the planet!!

They decide when the economy tanks, which wars are started and which health foods to GMO!!!

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by BigFrigginAl

(NEWS.com.au) — DNA tests on hair found supposedly found in a Siberian may actually prove the existence of the Abominable Snowman.

Three separate DNA tests of the hair reported it “came from a human-like creature which is not a Homosapien yet is more closely related to man than a monkey”.

Hello ATS, tired of politics? Me too. How about some cryptid news...I just came across this news piece, I know nothing about this site, however, it states 3 tests suggest it came from an unknown primate, if I am reading correctly in my haste to post here before lunch hour is over. Have always been a believer that Bigfoot does indeed exist, this news would be very cool if true. On pad, not sure how to inert websites, am going to copy and paste.

www.wnd.com...
edit on 10/30/2012 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

I am not the kind of guy that will point out that a source is crap. But if i see the Onion i am compelled to point out it is a joke site, and WND is just made up BS in the spirit of Weekly World News.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
IM TIRED OF THESE CLAIMS!!

I want one captured before I give anyone a Flag about this.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

If I saw onion, most certainly would not have posted this...lol. I poked around the front page, seemed to be similar headlines to any other news site...if it is a bad site, my apologies.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by BigFrigginAl

In haste, left out...DNA tests.

We don't know the exact count, but surely enough hair and scat samples have been collected to ascertain that there is something strange goings-on out there and it ain't the bears going in the woods.

By now surely every large mammal in the world has had its DNA collected and put into data banks. A DNA coming up as unknown but with very interesting genes would not be announced. That means it would be, in fact, secret.

The reasons would be manifold. About the same reasons why we are not told that UFOs are real. Or why life or even water on Mars is not exactly announced but crept into becoming common acknowledge. It takes years, decades, actually, of conditioning to get the public masses up to the speed those in the thinking of those in control. It does not necessary take a good reason to do so, it's simply their call.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join