It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A question about gravity and photons

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by yampa

You don't understand what Gravity truly is...if you did you would understand that there is no force either Kinetic or Quantum Field Interaction that is involved as far as the existence of Gravity. Everything that falls or is effected in this way is traveling upon the Curvature of Space/Time. Split Infinity

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity
reply to post by yampa

You don't understand what Gravity truly is...if you did you would understand that there is no force either Kinetic or Quantum Field Interaction that is involved as far as the existence of Gravity. Everything that falls or is effected in this way is traveling upon the Curvature of Space/Time. Split Infinity

If you haven't done so, I'd suggest studying tensor calculus instead of popular science. Study Ricci and Levi-Civita and the Absolute Differential Calculus if you want to understand what gravity really is in Einstein's equations. From there you will find the proper definitions of space, time, acceleration and curvature. And you will find that they are mathematical terms, not physical terms.

There is a difference between a physical curve and a mathematical curve. There is a difference between a physical acceleration and a mathematical acceleration. A study of exponentials and parabola reveals this using basic principles of geometry and algebra.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by yampa

I am fully aware that the WORD CURVATURE is not an APT ANALOGY to describe what GRAVITY truly is but I am talking to someone who cannot seem to even understand the CURVATURE REPRESENTATION.

You have assumed that I do not understand the Math...you assumed wrong. Gravity and the proper description that for all purposes is the correct wording but difficult for some to understand is...GRAVITY is the EXPRESSION OF ONE DIMENSIONALITY which is present and an effect that is created by amount of Mass.

This EFFECT is much more prevalent although the effect exists at the same ratio for all quantities of Mass...in Large Celestial Bodies. A Black Hole which has an enormous quantity of Mass can generate this EFFECT which is an expression of One Dimensionality to such an extent that not even LIGHT or PHOTONS can escape being DIRECTED into the Black Hole.

The word DIRECTED is more apt than FORCED as NO FORCE IS USED. The Black Holes Mass has changed the DIMENSIONALITY of SPACE/TIME to the point that Light is simply traveling along this change and into the Singularity. Split Infinity

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 06:08 AM
link   
You are not doing a good job of showing that you understand the math, because you seem to be treating the terms from the math like they are a religion, rather than a set of algorithms.

Singularity is a mathematical term too, btw.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by yampa
You are not doing a good job of showing that you understand the math, because you seem to be treating the terms from the math like they are a religion, rather than a set of algorithms.

Singularity is a mathematical term too, btw.

I dont know much of the math,,... but isnt the math suppose to accurately describe reality? doesnt the math cater to reality?

isnt reality physical math? which physicists try to interpret and comprehend by extracting the principles and equations from reality into code/symbol?

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join