It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Star Wars Episode 7 to be made!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Hi.

All I can say is I hope it's better than the last three!

thewaltdisneycompany.com...

Continuing its strategy of delivering exceptional creative content to audiences around the world, The Walt Disney Company (NYSE: DIS) has agreed to acquire Lucasfilm Ltd. in a stock and cash transaction. Lucasfilm is 100% owned by Lucasfilm Chairman and Founder, George Lucas.

"For the past 35 years, one of my greatest pleasures has been to see Star Wars passed from one generation to the next," said George Lucas, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Lucasfilm. "It's now time for me to pass Star Wars on to a new generation of filmmakers. I've always believed that Star Wars could live beyond me, and I thought it was important to set up the transition during my lifetime. I'm confident that with Lucasfilm under the leadership of Kathleen Kennedy, and having a new home within the Disney organization, Star Wars will certainly live on and flourish for many generations to come. Disney's reach and experience give Lucasfilm the opportunity to blaze new trails in film, television, interactive media, theme parks, live entertainment, and consumer products."

I couldn't get the other link to work but I believe it said the film will be released in 2015.

Here it is.....losangeles.cbslocal.com...

The deal includes a tentative release date of 2015 Stars Wars Episode 7, along with the possibility of growing the franchise with more feature films. Lucas will be serving as creative consultant on Stars Wars Episode 7, Disney said.

2015! I was hoping they would kick it out a little sooner than that!

edit on 30-10-2012 by cavalryscout because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Disney?
Well get ready for the first openly gay Jedi.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by tvtexan
Disney?
Well get ready for the first openly gay Jedi.

That is too funny!

Can you imagine?

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Okay, someone help me here. Just where does the movie franchise have left to go?? When last we saw our heros, villains and little green dude.....Vader was a pile of ash, The Emperor went out in a blaze of purple lightning..Obi Won seemed content to fade into peace (finally) and even Yoda closed the movie with a pretty smug little look of victory. Even as a ghost!

Luke and Lea avoided incest without even knowing it.... Han and Lea (as we know outside the movie) live happily ever after with at least one Jedi child..but where is the movie franchise? What is Star Wars without a war?

No arch villains...unless Lucas can somehow invent the idea the Emperor wasn't really the Dark Lord of the Sith and Vader wasn't really the SOLE apprentice..as 1 always has the other in S.W. lore, and never more.

Help?
edit on 30-10-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

If there is money to be made Disney will figure out how.

Maybe there will be a new bad guy. The N. Koreans or Iran.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
They could always delve into some of the fan fiction, it's aplenty!

They also might do a "Shadows of the Empire" movie based on the popular and authorized video games.

Personally, I think we should just put the movies on a shelf and enjoy them for what they are/were.

IMO, the most recent 3 never even really needed to be made. They don't blend together at all. The newer ones look to slick, no campy-ness.

It's all about money!

Now, if they wanted to make some more Stargate movies...

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Cue star wars music........ Daa da da da da daa daa, da da da daa daa, da da da daaaa

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by MystikMushroom
They could always delve into some of the fan fiction, it's aplenty!

They also might do a "Shadows of the Empire" movie based on the popular and authorized video games.

Personally, I think we should just put the movies on a shelf and enjoy them for what they are/were.

IMO, the most recent 3 never even really needed to be made. They don't blend together at all. The newer ones look to slick, no campy-ness.

It's all about money!

Now, if they wanted to make some more Stargate movies...

Wow...make no more Star Wars movies, when there is so much in that universe but make more Stargate crap?
Stargate is one of the most drawn out, money grabbing series out there. Sounds to me like you don't like Star Wars.

Disney should do very well with this especially since the scripts are already written out probably. Lucas is working with Disney on this project...so he wont let them botch it up. And ALL Star Wars movies are good in their own ways.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Well, in honestly pick up a book now and then. The Star Wars universe has continued in many many book and are good too. Luke and Lando become great friend in one of the books. Han and Leia have 2 kids and both have the force. Even Leia starts adapting to hers as well.

I wouldn't really want to see the Luke story to continue but have the Sith come back strong as hell.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   

There are at present litterally a hundred other books after the few involved in the 6 movies that are out, they have a lot of room both forward and backwards into the old republic days, or the new republic days.

Luke has a child named ben with mara jade one of palpatines sith assassins turned good.

Han and Leia have 3 children Jacen and Jana, the twins, and Anakin solo.

The galaxy gets invaded by the Yuuzhan Vong a brutal race thatt uses only biological tech, and has conquered their entire galaxy already, but destroyed most of the inhabitable worlds. So they have come to spread their extreme zealot religion to the star wars galaxy.

Their impending invasion is actually the reason the emporer was trying to build the death stars and such a large fleet and military infistructure, as his people had fought their vanguard scout fleet already.

It is very good reading for any scifi fan.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by johngrissom

Hey now, I stood in line all day to get tickets to Episode:1, but don't you mess with my Stargate! (or Battlestar Galactica)

How about a compromise -- a new Star Trek show that doesn't suck? (Voyager and Enterprise were fairly disapointing).

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
As much as it pains me to see Disney buy Lucasfilm.... At least the ball is rolling on some new Star Wars....

I was always hoping for a bounty hunter movie... but alas

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by johngrissom

It's been more audio books I've had for years as a way to kill 10-14 hours a day of driving a truck. It allowed me to listen to a fair part of the fan generated stuff that came out to follow the Return of the Jedi. I still can't see where the fan lore makes enough for a movie worthy of this particular franchise. This strikes me as doing the same thing to Star Wars movies that happened to Star Trek in Television. The original series? Golden! The Next Generation? Well..it took me a bit to warm up to the concept but I came to love the characters and in their way, Picard and Jordi and Worf are just as good as Kirk, Spock and Bones. ....did they have to spin off a half DOZEN other series tho?

Hey, 100 stars to the idea of Stargate movies though. 1 was never enough and the other Stargate spin off movies that have trickled out just kinda played on the TV series..all of them
. I always thought there was far more to tell and explore in the movie story line. That is a movie I'd anxiously look forward to!

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   

"Entertainment giant Walt Disney Co is to buy director George Lucas's world-renowned Lucasfilm Ltd, including his legendary "Star Wars" franchise, for some $3.85 billion, it has announced."

LINK

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by inverslyproportional

There are at present litterally a hundred other books after the few involved in the 6 movies that are out, they have a lot of room both forward and backwards into the old republic days, or the new republic days.

Luke has a child named ben with mara jade one of palpatines sith assassins turned good.

Han and Leia have 3 children Jacen and Jana, the twins, and Anakin solo.

The galaxy gets invaded by the Yuuzhan Vong a brutal race thatt uses only biological tech, and has conquered their entire galaxy already, but destroyed most of the inhabitable worlds. So they have come to spread their extreme zealot religion to the star wars galaxy.

Their impending invasion is actually the reason the emporer was trying to build the death stars and such a large fleet and military infistructure, as his people had fought their vanguard scout fleet already.

It is very good reading for any scifi fan.

I'm sure most of the books are off the table, they would have to get Mark Hamill, Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher to all come back and that seems pretty unlikely to me, it would be great if they could find a way without making it a cartoon. I really don't want a cartoon Star Wars. But if they could go back to the Old Republic or jump ahead to Cade Skywalker than either of those would be pretty cool.
edit on 30-10-2012 by The_Phantom because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   

top topics

join