It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DISNEY TO ACQUIRE LUCASFILM LTD.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   
I'm hoping that they do a series on the Rogue Squadron, and Wedge and the crew that would rock
... They could do so much of the expanded universe, I do admit that the Rogue Squadron series would be better served as a TV or cable series. I am kinda curious what they are going to choose for the next 3 parts... I soooo cannot wait... Episode 4 was the first movie I had ever seen in the theaters at the tender age of three and a half.. and I can still remember it like it was yesterday..

Grim

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by XLR8R

ROFL LMAO...

I feel a disturbance in the force...

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by ABNARTY

LOL...

I just spit out water all over my keyboard thanks..lol

Grim

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by ABNARTY

To Disney: This is not the franchise you are looking for.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by MystikMushroom
reply to post by Juston

Third, a 7th movie?! Come on! I thought everything was pretty well wrapped up with the 6 we now have! The most recent 3 weren't even needed IMO!

*SPOILERS AHEAD*

Well, I read Heir to the Empire, a continuation after Return of the Jedi, and it was really good. I don't know if that's what Episode 7 will be about, but basically the Empire is still around. Just because they blew up the second incarnation of the Death Star and Darth Vader killed the Emperor doesn't mean that the Empire is gone for good. They still have a # ton of star destroyers in their fleet from what I recall. There's also Grand Admiral Thrawn who is a badass Chiss military leader with menacing red eyes and blue skin.

Also, it would be nice to meet Mara Jade. She is so awesome. I loved her so much in Heir to the Empire. I believe Leia will learn her Jedi powers, and have a set of Jedi twins, but she's so busy with diplomacy and bringing peace to the distraught galaxy that I don't know if she'll have time to become a truly powerful Jedi. I know for sure Mara is going to be a bad ass Jedi.
And she has a good teacher with Luke.

edit on 10/31/2012 by Xaberz because: fixed italics

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by tvtexan
Great.
We can now expect a gay Jedi in the next film.
link

Originally posted by tvtexan
Disney?
Well get ready for the first openly gay Jedi.

what is wrong with you?

Shouldn't they be for the other team?

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Juston

Me too, very disappointed but not in the least surprised. If anything, more surprised this didn't happen in the 1990's. Dread to think what Disney will do with any future films, never mind milking it to death with Theme Parks, etc.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Would love to see a vuzon vong(? I know the spelling must be wrong) movies. But we'll probably be dealing with an Emperor Clone, and Luke temporarily turning to the dark side.

On the bright side, this means more BOBA FETT!

ETA

Just because Disney now owns it, doesn't mean that it won't be awesome. Look at how Dope The Avengers was!
edit on 31-10-2012 by swoopaloop because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
i know how it can be epic..
use all the original characters in their current old age.

we all know that after every epic war that there are still sections of the universe that wont believe the empire crumbled. and will still fight.

just contiune off where the return of the jedi ended. but 30 years later.
Luke, hans, etc, will all be old in character, and in real life...
imagine harrison ford reprising his role as hans solo? except old and beat up?
princess lay-ah is now Queen lay-ah
luke could have finally finished his jedi training and opened his own jedi school down the street. (lol)
you dont NEED Vader, or the emperor.. only the THOUGHT that the emperer and vader exist.. heck.. if they make another 3, the first one can talk of the rumer they existed. no one SEEN the bodies destroyed. they all assumed they died ( just like osama)
at the end of part 7, we can see Vader living in a cave... 8 and 9 they could attempt a new empire

It will be a blockbuster...you will get all of us that loved the original...plus todays youth.

i vote w use all the original actors for the original characters

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by XLR8R
By the way. Quick Question. I have the original VHS Box set and those are the versions I prefer by far. Now, I would love to have the original movies on DVD or Blue Ray. Do they still publish those, with out Han Solo stepping on Jabba's Tail and the Darth Vadder "Noooooooo" and all that stuff?

I still got the VHS box set of the first 3 original films too, plus The DVD collection but unfortunately with all that new crap that you mentioned. I could never understand why Lucas did that.

Yeah, Solo stepping on Jabba's tail has to be the all time epic fail. And Vader screaming Noooooo! My god way to screw up a great scene in movie history. Vader's silence while picking up the Emperor and throwing him over was what made it so powerful. If it's not broke, don't fix it. Foolish mortal.

With that being said, please no more. In the order that they were made, The original 3 are epic and will never be matched. 4 & 5 were complete garbage, but the 6th actually was a decent film but the overbloated graphics and unbelievable mindless garble really put a damper on the entire episode. Very good actors though which is what saved the film for me.

Can't these new era film makers come up with any of their own original material instead of nothing but remade crap that every time turns out to be worse than the original?

I mean, one of my all time favorite Science fiction movies is The movie The Thing with Kurt Russell that was made back in the early 80's. All I needed to watch was the trailer for the newer one a few years ago to know that it was a horrible remake of a masterpiece. I have never even seen it and I never will.

Still waiting on some moron to attempt a remake of Starman from the 80's. Don't do it you idiots. I would actually prefer watching paint dry. Put the bong down for a few months and write your own script, book or screenplay. ~$heopleNation
edit on 31-10-2012 by SheopleNation because: TypO

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by SheopleNation

Originally posted by XLR8R

I mean, one of my all time favorite Science fiction movies is The movie The Thing with Kurt Russell that was made back in the early 80's. All I needed to watch was the trailer for the newer one a few years ago to know that it was a horrible remake of a masterpiece. I have never even seen it and I never will.
~$heopleNation
edit on 31-10-2012 by SheopleNation because: TypO

actually.. the thing remake was not a remake.. it was a prequel.. and was pretty good. just seen it the other day.

i def recomend it since towards the end it clearly shows it as a prequel.
if you INSIST on not seing it, PM me and i can tell you how it becomes the original.. dont wan to spoil it for those that havent seen it.

edit on 31-10-2012 by loueber because: i screwed up

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by loueber

That's right, I stand corrected, it was a prequel, but hopefully you get my point about remakes. Maybe I will check it out, but I always wondered why Carpenter didn't make a sequel being that Mac and Childs were alive, atleast at the end of the movie anyway.

To be fair, 1982's was actually a remake itself, but remade after 1951's classic The Thing From another world. Only, it really follows closer to the original short story called 'who goes there'.

Two better recent examples of garbage remakes are Clash of the Titans and Conan The Barbarian. Neither came anything close to the original films from the 80's. Anyway, I just hope they never try to remake the 1st three Star Wars films because that would be a tragedy. Bet yuh it happens too. ~$heopleNation

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by SheopleNation

Got ya...
i would give it a shot. the alien ship is played up a bit more in the end, which is cool. and you will just LOVE the way the final few minutes end.

a sequel back in the day would have been cool... cant figure out why it never happened.
the tone and the background thumping during the orginal really scared me...

agreed on the clash of the titans.. waste of money and effort... and whoa... the conan remake? please, i turned that garbage off half way through. couldnt care less how it ended...

speaking of which, arnold just confirmed that he will be making a new conan movie.
he is also trying to get the original director Milius on board. story is said to take place as if destroyer, and the remake never existed. it will continue from the "barbarian" movie, but later in his life when he is king.
so arnolds old age will be perfect for a conan that has aged as well

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 05:28 AM
link   
I hope Disney chooses to expand on the Old Republic rather than continuing what many people see as untouchable. I think the main story right now is all but wrapped up and there isn't really anywhere else to go but backwards. There is an entire universe to expand on that includes sith lords 1000x more powerful than Vader.

Old Republic era

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Mhh I dont know what to say about disney. I hope they dont mess it up totaly...

Im still happy there are more star wars film coming up, I always knew they would make more. There is just to much money in that!

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Well he is donating 4billion of the money he sold it for.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

George Lucas is ensuring that the force may be with young Jedis everywhere. The "Star Wars" director will donate the $4.05 billion he will receive from the sale of Lucasfilm Ltd. to Disney to a foundation focused on education, according to the Hollywood Reporter. On Tuesday, the Walt Disney Company announced it had paid the huge sum to acquire Lucasfilm Ltd., which produced "Star Wars" and is 100 percent owned by George Lucas himself. Disney also announced plans to release a seventh "Star Wars" film, "Star Wars: Episode VII," in 2015.

Thats just crazy in my opinion, but very nice of him.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   
well thats some crappy news there, more starwars movies

new hope, empire strikes back and return of the jedi will always be the only decent star wars movies.

to continue the story the either need an unknown powerfull evil, the kind of evil tht rules all sith, or luke needs to go sith.
han solo will not be in these movies although i didn't expect a new indiana jones either. (stupid extra dimensional beings).

1 question... why can chewbacca understand english but is too lazy to speak it?

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by loueber
i know how it can be epic..
use all the original characters in their current old age.

Yes! I'm totally with you on this. If they get different actors to play those parts it would look pretty lame, but since the original actors have aged about 30 years, it would be perfect. Is the script for Episode VII set 30 years after the events in Return of the Jedi anyway? If so, then it really would be the right thing to do.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join