It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I've been trying to look for this game for years, but no matter how hard I search, I get no luck!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Can anyone help?

There was this game I played in 2009 - 2010, it was basically a free world space game, you had a ship, and you flew around in the galaxy looking for players. The more you killed, the better you could rank up. It was a third person I believe, and it was a basically a dead game, only about 50 players each day, but I was rank 5 or something out of thousands. I don't really care if its dead right now, I just want to find it so I can bring back some memories.

I believe I found the game on this site called agame, but when they got rid of the game for some reason, I forgot the name and I've been looking for it forever. Any help, guys?
edit on 30-10-2012 by SpaceBoyPluto because: 

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Can you give a little more background about the game ? Was it a webgame ? If so, I think you're talking about o-game... www.ogame.org...
If not, please give more details

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
i too have been searching for the same kind of stuff with no success.

Some of the servers get taken down because there isn't enough players and some cannot keep up with the crack/hacks. Most of all though is online consoles.

I miss ARC-sierra..
edit on 30-10-2012 by Parksie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
If it helps...I typed simply "Free Space Game - 2000" into this and came up with a couple dozen hits that took me back a day or two for memories... I'm not sure if you find your game this way, but when the past is the place to search, this can be a great place to start.

Way Back Machine

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Was it by Microsoft? Freelancer?

Was an awesome game, spent hooooours on that

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Hey... since I offered something, perhaps I can add a game question too? Does anyone here recall Galacticomm as a 'BBS' software and the text based multiplayer games of the very earlier 90's?

Specifically, I've always watched for any creative people who may have taken "Kyranida" (I believe the name was) and "Infinity Complex" (I know that name for certain) and ported them up to a modern system. Anyone recall those games or perhaps, seen anything like them in modern versions? I think I lost a little piece of my childhood to the bored out caverns and tunnels of Infinity Complex..and listening to the little comp characters head down the tunnels singing 'I'm Henry the 8th I am'.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I've had good results combing "abandonware" and "orphanware" sites for this sort of thing.

Those are your Google searches: "abandonware" and "orphanware."

Good luck....

new topics

top topics

join