It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former Editor of 'The Roswell Morning Dispatch' Recalls Events From Historic UFO Crash | INTERVIEW

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+16 more 
posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Greetings Forumerions,

Good friend and colleague, Dennis Balthaser sends in a rare interview with the former editor of the Roswell Morning Dispatch:

Considering that the Roswell Incident occurred some 65 years ago, interviewing first-hand witnesses has become more difficult each year, as they become fewer and fewer each year. I have during the past 16 years interviewed several, and each one has been valuable in perhaps getting new information, or even better for me, confirming what is already known, as I have always felt verification and confirmation remain an important part of doing this research.

Such was the case recently when Stanton Friedman, the original Roswell civilian researcher contacted me about the name of such a person he wanted me to talk to. As it turned out this individual, (now in his 90’s) lives in Roswell, so I placed a phone call to him and had an interesting 30 minute discussion with him, agreeing to meet him for coffee to continue our discussion when I returned to Roswell from a speaking engagement in Texas. That follow-up meeting lasted 1½ hours over several cups of coffee. The gentleman I interviewed was the editor of the Roswell Morning Dispatch newspaper in 1947, when the Roswell Incident occurred.

The gentleman struck me as extremely sharp for his age, with good knowledge of locations, people and most dates. During both interviews he emphasized the fact that I probably knew everything he was telling me, however I explained the importance of verification of the information we were discussing. I prepared several pages of questions and comments for our second interview and will show my questions as “DGB” and his responses as “Editor.”

The rest of the story . . .

Cheers,
Frank

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I am sorry about the response here Frank but it is shadowed by the Sandy disaster. I am posting to find easier later, am just jumping on for a minute to lend support and to read about Sandy.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Frank Warren

More info on Roswell

Be back when I've visited the link.
S&F for posting this

ETA: Hmm, had hoped for a bit more than that, but still interesting.
edit on 30-10-2012 by VoidHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I totally time traveled into the future:

By Dennis Balthaser
www.truthseekeratroswell.com
11-1-12

I'll read this and let you know what I think. If anyone still alive knows anything it should be this guy.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   

The part about the nurse and the coffins was interesting. I'm guessing she must have been the nurse who went missing and was never heard of again.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   

S+F, good thread and interesting read but it still doesn't prove anything more about Roswell, sadly. I respect his opinion and the fact he was there, but he never actually said he witnessed anything himself and the stuff he did talk about were things he had heard from other people.

I would love to know the truth here but it still isn't easy, I fear the waters may have been too muddied on this case.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Star & Flag!

The Roswell Incident is probably my favorite portion of ufology. Thanks for bringing it back into the present. Like the author said in the article, witnesses are getting harder to come by with each passing year (no pun intended lol). There is overwhelming evidence that SOMETHING occurred that day in July of 1947. I think the story was changed three to five times by the government. 65 years later, the public still doesn't have the truth. Hell, there are probably few people left in today's government that knows the truth.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   

This part of the interview is really weird to me:

"After some hesitation the Colonel said, “what I saw I had never seen before, and never want to see again.”"

I would love to know what he means! Was he disgusted, terrified, or what? I would have had to inquire more, if someone said that to me. There is just no way I could have let that statement stand without needing to know more.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Evenin' Trysts,

Originally posted by trysts

This part of the interview is really weird to me:

"After some hesitation the Colonel said, “what I saw I had never seen before, and never want to see again.”"

I would love to know what he means! Was he disgusted, terrified, or what? I would have had to inquire more, if someone said that to me. There is just no way I could have let that statement stand without needing to know more.

Perhaps this will help:

"[Colonel] Blanchard Then Told Lytle That An Alien Craft Had Crashed Near Roswell . . . Four Bodies Had Been Recovered"

Cheers,
Frank

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
I'm glad you did the interview, the more witness statements the harder it is to cover up. If you have just 1 witness it's easy for people to blow off, when you have several / 10+ the odds of all of them being willing to make up "stories" reaches impossibility.

No offense and please take it as constructive criticism - the way the interview is composed is just unreadable. Structuring it as a Q&A interview but then having the editor provide all the answers from the third person is just terrible. It's extremely annoying and makes reading it difficult as people are not used to seeing this format (because it's not used anywhere else as it's just wrong). Please re-write it or give the notes to someone w/ writing abilities as the interview itself is important and deserves better.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Mornin' ecoparity,

Originally posted by ecoparity
I'm glad you did the interview, the more witness statements the harder it is to cover up. If you have just 1 witness it's easy for people to blow off, when you have several / 10+ the odds of all of them being willing to make up "stories" reaches impossibility.

No offense and please take it as constructive criticism - the way the interview is composed is just unreadable. Structuring it as a Q&A interview but then having the editor provide all the answers from the third person is just terrible. It's extremely annoying and makes reading it difficult as people are not used to seeing this format (because it's not used anywhere else as it's just wrong). Please re-write it or give the notes to someone w/ writing abilities as the interview itself is important and deserves better.

Thanks for taking time to make comment, and I too was/am curious as to why Dennis chose to present the interview in the fashion he did; however, it certainly isn't "unreadable."

Speaking of "curious" presentations; you realize that Dennis, the author to whom you're addressing your comment to, has not chimed in here to this thread . . . right? (No offense intended either :>))

Cheers,
Frank

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by ecoparity

10+? How about roughly 600? Supposedly that's how many people have come forward with information about the Roswell Incident, whether that be with sightings of the material, the bodies, or just information about a cover-up.

Certainly not all 600 are telling the truth, and maybe you can even say the vast majority are lying, but when you have basically everyone who was directly involved with the incident all saying the same thing, it becomes flat-out silly to disregard the entire subject as just a weather balloon.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
star and flag

the Roswell Incident is one of my fave ufology cases and I have read allot on it so I couldn't pass this up. I was hoping for some more info and didnt care for how the interview was written, but still a great find. Thank you for posting!

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Hi, Frank Warren. Thank you for the other link.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
The interview is not bad, I think.

Maybe Mr. Friedman will be able to interview the gentleman himself. He may have particular questions that could jog the newsman's memory and shed more light on this subject. It's another corroberation of a story that is widely believed and for good reasons.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I was just in Roswell last week for a Halloween getaway. Touring the UFO Museum I was struck by the number of signed affidavits by so many very credible people.

I've loosely followed the Roswell/Corona lore for a while now but after my trip I have a new found perspective on the matter.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Hello Frank, the story is having trouble loading on my browser but I will be looking into it.

I wanted to mention that in my UFO interest, when I am watching or listening to researchers in the field about good knowledge over the subject they are mentioning your name. I have heard them refer to your work in conferences and interviews and had noticed you were on ATS, thanks for posting this thread on Roswell.

A couple months ago I started listening to many interviews on Roswell. I find it interesting in this 1994 interview with Kevin Randle he says the UFO was a heel shaped object like the flying wing, and the aliens had pupils (maybe similar to the Betty and Barney Hill case). Yet I am not sure Don Schmitt agrees with this information and I had heard they once has a disagreement, and Kevin admits he was an Air Force intelligence officer - a person who would give us pieces of information and also disinfo. Kevin says he is 100% sure it was alien, 95% sure it was extraterrestrial, 4% sure it was interdimensional, and 1% it was time travelers..

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   
There are times when trying to keep up with Roswell seems to be like trying to count grains of sand as it slips through your hands . For me personally, the part I find most interesting is the account of the "nurse" and her being cloistered away in a convent. I think many people, including those who do not accept the various different official explanations, had the "nurse" down as a bit of modern mythology and a character that, in all probability, didn't exist.

Yet, here she is, back again and the story of her receives some measure of credibility from a contemporary figure in the whole story. Certainly gives food for thought and does suggest maybe some who have been declared "unreliable" in their testimony, might need to be reassessed in the light of this interview?

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zcustosmorum

S+F, good thread and interesting read but it still doesn't prove anything more about Roswell, sadly. I respect his opinion and the fact he was there, but he never actually said he witnessed anything himself and the stuff he did talk about were things he had heard from other people.

I would love to know the truth here but it still isn't easy, I fear the waters may have been too muddied on this case.

You hit the nail on the head!

There are more Roswell "witnesses" alive now than there were in 1947!

If there is one myth that's bigger than Jesus it's Roswell.

You'd think that if a real UFO had crashed anywhere on planet earth life would have been changed yet here the Roswell myth continues to be supported strictly by the gullible and the quick-buck authors such as bs-meister Friedman. Do these people really think that if a UFO crashed near Roswell it would have disappeared from public interest for over 30 years? Of course not! From day one it would have been constantly in the news, whatever would have been found would have made news all over the globe, there would have been a worldwide demand to see the debris and possibly bodies whether dead or surviving, nothing would have been the same.

Instead, we know what was found and that's why interest disappeared faster than you can launch a kite!

Roswell is a joke and the gullible supporters are the jokesters. Stupidity reigns.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join