It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An SR-71 they WANT you to touch

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Yes I find it very interesting the number of people who do not realize that DARPA... ARPS created the Net. They did all of the original feasibility studies; basicaly calling companies up and asking, "This is our idea; if you had this at you disposal, would you find it useful?" I believe no one could have perceived how useful!

Some of the projects they are working on now that we know about. Morphing Aircraft Structures, MetaMaterils, Exoskeletons, Nanotechnology, all manners of Robotics, Optical stealth and a host of other stuff.

Yes indeed they do have some amazing projects. My personal one is the morphing stuff. I was amazed at level of security at their (very impressive) buildiing. We were doing a presentation/demonstration and I carried up a couple of small suitcases that were not even searched! Good thing I am a good guy!

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by AeroSpace Case

Yes indeed they do have some amazing projects. My personal one is the morphing stuff. I was amazed at level of security at their (very impressive) buildiing. We were doing a presentation/demonstration and I carried up a couple of small suitcases that were not even searched! Good thing I am a good guy!

Cool you actually got to see some of the morphing stuff in person? Could you go into more detail on what it looked like or what it did?

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Unfourtunately I don't have much to say about anything out of the ordinary. I have worked to develop simple mechanisms to change wing span and to alter wing camber. De-classified morphing materials (shape memory alloys) are just to heavy to fly at this time, given the power requirements.

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 04:45 PM
link   
It was Tim Berners-Lee at CERN (European Nuclear Research Center in english, its actually something like Conseil European pour la Recherch� Nucleaire), which is indeed located in Geneva, Switzerland who created the World Wide Web, not the internet (there is a distinction), in 1989. Just like the internet, it was initially conceived as an internal system for posting research papers and results, until more and more universities started requesting access, and then it was made available over the internet.

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 07:32 AM
link   
When I was at the wright Patterson Air Force Base's Museum, I was in the experimental hangar when they were moving all these planes around and tthere werent any handrails preventing people form touching the planes. I touched an f-12 (fighter sr-71) and the Xb-70 (huge, I couldnt see the whole thing at one glance!) I was backing up to take a picture of the X-15 when wham, I smaked my head on one of the tail fins of the XF-85 Goblin parasite fighter, and I think I left a dent there. The staff just broke out laughing as they saw me back into it!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join