It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The President's Role During a Crisis

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Resurected
reply to post by beezzer

Fail #1 if you are saying the media is over hyping sandy, even after the destruction and deaths we know of so far, then you are down playing the storm.

Fail #2 With your history at political trolling, i think anyone who has been at ATS for a bit knows whats going on.
edit on 30-10-2012 by Resurected because: (no reason given)

Anger-angry-angerous!

I simply ask a question. And I get deflection, obfuscation and an attack on me.
*sniff*
A sad little bunny who just wants to learn stuff.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I wouldnt say its an attack on you, though we all make a reputation and that tends to follow us. All of life tends to work like that.

And like i said, considering none of us know the FACTS on libya yet whatever question you asked slanted from the very start.. Wouldnt you say?

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by revmoofoo

Joking aside, in this day and age, the President could do his job from a dirty bathroom in the arse-end of nowhere because the world is so well connected from the information technology point of view.

Rev

My point.

Which mean's he's camping at the White House because he's seen the numbers? Planning nefarious schemes?
Hatching evil plots? Playing RISK (and calling it foreign policy?)

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

I wouldnt say its an attack on you, though we all make a reputation and that tends to follow us. All of life tends to work like that.

And like i said, considering none of us know the FACTS on libya yet whatever question you asked slanted from the very start.. Wouldnt you say?

We know people died on 9/11.
We know the Consulate burned on 9/11.

And we know on 9/12 he was eating a great buffet, hittin' the slots, and probably catching a show! (Did Sigfried and Roy retire?)

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I do believe it is a last ditch effort to appear presidential. He did go to Vegas the day after the embassy attacks. Remember, there was more than one embassy attacked that day. He CHOSE to campaign instead of staying in D.C. and address the issue at hand. And even with the hurricane, he did come to D.C. but sent Clinton out to campaign in his place, which to me shows exactly how he feels about the nation as a whole.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
So far you are complaining that Obama was on the campaign trail in election season when a spontaneous attack happened and would be over before he could get to Washington. Compared to being at the White House for a storm we knew about days in advance and everyone was getting ready for?

Lets face it, the only real issue you have is its showing Obama in a better light and its bad for the right wingers.
edit on 30-10-2012 by Resurected because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Care to link me to where Obama was "hitting the slots"?

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Joking aside, in this day and age, the President could do his job from a dirty bathroom in the arse-end of nowhere because the world is so well connected from the information technology point of view.

Rev

My point.

Which mean's he's camping at the White House because he's seen the numbers? Planning nefarious schemes?
Hatching evil plots? Playing RISK (and calling it foreign policy?)

I think it's likely that he is in the White House because it's a centralised location from the Government point of view and that makes it the perfect place to assemble the folks that he needs to advise him.

That said, I'm a Scotsman living among the English, so what I know about the US Government could probably fit on the back of a small postage stamp.

Rev

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   

So far you are complaining that Obama was on the campaign trail in election season when a spontanious attack happened and would be over before he could get to Washington. Compared to being at the White House for a storm we knew about days in advance and everyone was getting ready for?

Lets face it, the only real issue you have is its showing Obama in a better light and its bad for the right wingers.

Nope. What is the presidents role in a crisis?

Vegas?
White House?

I wish someone would supply an answer.

(other than the ones gratefully provided!)

link   

reply to post by beezzer

Care to link me to where Obama was "hitting the slots"?

Who doesn't when in Vegas?

link   

So far you are complaining that Obama was on the campaign trail in election season when a spontanious attack happened and would be over before he could get to Washington. Compared to being at the White House for a storm we knew about days in advance and everyone was getting ready for?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Obama was in D.C. at the whitehouse the day the attacks happened. It was the next day when he went to Vegas. And it wasn't a spontaneous attack. It was a planned terrorist attack.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Dont worry beez...iIm sure they wont let 'a crisis go to waste'
Still a week to go before election.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by shadwgirl

First the American people are subjected to Sandy then have to deal with Clinton.
Insult to injury.....

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Then you cant say that is "fact" eh? Which comes again to the point that we dont know what happened in Libya to speculate yet, you me or anyone else.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   

I think it's likely that he is in the White House because it's a centralised location from the Government point of view and that makes it the perfect place to assemble the folks that he needs to advise him.

That said, I'm a Scotsman living among the English, so what I know about the US Government could probably fit on the back of a small postage stamp.

Rev

That makes you twice as smart as most yanks!

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

Then you cant say that is "fact" eh? Which comes again to the point that we dont know what happened in Libya to speculate yet, you me or anyone else.

So when in doubt, go to Vegas.

Got it!

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Honestly I was expecting these type of threads to start popping up since yesterday..

you dissappoint me beez

edit on 10/30/2012 by muse7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by shadwgirl

As far as we are concerned it was spontaneous (IE we didnt expect it) For how ever much it was planned hard to say, considering they used the protests jumping off in other nations around the middle east to help cover it and those protests where fairly spontaneous as far as we know... Hard tos ay exactly what level of planning there was before hand, though i am sure we will all know more eventually.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
Honestly I was expecting these type of threads to start popping up since yesterday..

you dissappoint me beez

edit on 10/30/2012 by muse7 because: (no reason given)

I got behind in my "Dick Cheney Right Wing Plot" Agenda.

I sent a group-mail saying I was going to be late!

(didn't you get it?)

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Guess that means neo should be along eventualy if hes still here lol

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join