It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The President's Role During a Crisis

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Okay. Obama is at the White House, handling the crisis, Hurricane Sandy.

What is his job?

He spoke to the govenor's of the states affected. And, um. . . what?
The Red Cross and FEMA are already on-scene, so what is Obama doing?

Now let's go back a month.

Another crisis. Bengazi Consulate. 4 Americans dead due to a terrorist attack, our Consulate burned.

What did Obama do?

Go to Las Vegas.

?

Is it just me, or does anyone else see a disconnect here.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Disaster relief starts at a local level and then works it way up. The president's main job is to protect the country from threats both domestic and foreign. He did not do the job he was hired to do. star and flag for you for bringing up this very valid point.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
The presidents job really is just to make sure that everything's working properly and to kick the arse's of people not doing their job properly but if everyone's doing what they should be doing then its time to party, plus do you think the security staff will let him near an area where theres a chance the president may get his suit wet this close to an election?

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Most presidents would Hide just like congress and the house. Just look at our "war on Terror". Young men dying while old men get wealthy and discuss what they will eat for dinner tonight.
Not some of the greater ones though (ie George Washington, Dwight D Eisenhower, Jefferson, Licoln, etc)

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by shadwgirl
Disaster relief starts at a local level and then works it way up. The president's main job is to protect the country from threats both domestic and foreign. He did not do the job he was hired to do. star and flag for you for bringing up this very valid point.

Thanks. It just seemed odd that we would get attacked by terrorists and it's "viva Las Vegas" yet a hurricane hits and he stays at the WhiteHouse to manage (?????) the crisis.

Is this his last-ditch effort to "look" presidential?

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

It has been my experience that an effective leader will position himself/herself where he/she can see the bigger picture, which gives them all the information they require to make informed decisions.

Rev

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Yes, I see a disconnect of human compassion. I am so glad we have people like you who know what is occurring in other countries and behind the scenes at the White House, where have you been when we needed you the most to be alert and aware?

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by revmoofoo
reply to post by beezzer

It has been my experience that an effective leader will position himself/herself where he/she can see the bigger picture, which gives them all the information they require to make informed decisions.

Rev

Okay. So Vegas gave Obama the bigger picture. . . um, how?

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by electricalpup
reply to post by beezzer

Yes, I see a disconnect of human compassion. I am so glad we have people like you who know what is occurring in other countries and behind the scenes at the White House, where have you been when we needed you the most to be alert and aware?

Enjoying that cup of angry?

All I did was ask a question.

(oh noes, sumbunny asked a question!
)

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
--President's role during a crisis....

***act like he is doing something.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

First you try to down play the storm and Obama being ready for it, now you try to confuse the issue with Libya (which we dont know the facts on to even speculate)

Yeah, i see what you are up to...

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I was referring to him going back to the White House. Vegas is just an awesome place to visit no matter who you are.
I married my first wife there too...good times.

Rev

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Is this his last-ditch effort to "look" presidential?

I think you pretty much hit the nail on the head right there.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Resurected
reply to post by beezzer

First you try to down play the storm and Obama being ready for it, now you try to confuse the issue with Libya (which we dont know the facts on to even speculate)

Yeah, i see what you are up to...

Fail Number 1. -I criticisedthe media for over-hyping Sandy, not down-playing the storm.

Fail Number 2. -I didn't try to confuse the issue.

I simply asked a question.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

I was referring to him going back to the White House. Vegas is just an awesome place to visit no matter who you are.

Rev

Regardless of the question, that WAS an awesome answer.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Here is a document that explains the chain of command for disasters on American soil.

training.fema.gov...

The text is huge so you will have to read it, because I don't think I can paste any of it here.

You raise a good question though:

Here is a history of Libyan relations with the US and especially concerning the embassy.

www.armscontrol.org...
ogy

Now considering everything in this article and most especially this:

February 25, 2011: Citing security concerns due to ongoing political unrest, U.S. officials announce the suspension of U.S. embassy operations in Libya

Shouldn't this have been dealt with way back then? Why were we even there in 2012 is more the question.

edit on 30-10-2012 by Sissel because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by resoe26
--President's role during a crisis....

***act like he is doing something.

Yes

Exactly.

beeze he's acting like he's doing stuff. Acting Presidential and doing Stuff.

link   
reply to post by beezzer

I just searched for the clip but for some reason can't find it.
Clinton admitted there was a government above him and that he was not in charge.
It was in relation to Roswell I think.

The elections are theatre and the people "elected" are just public figures or talking heads on your tv.
Its not real.

There might be a reason for you seeing a disconnect somewhere.

I have already called the numbers on the election and just like the last one...i will be right.
I see a disconnect as well...the problem is,I can't figure out the big picture and neither can you or most others.
Something stinks to high heaven though,I will admit.

The public (or the bosses,which is us) are watching,he is just trying to look like he is busy at work....he is not in real life.
Ever hear the term...its the boss,look busy??

edit on 30-10-2012 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Fail #1 if you are saying the media is over hyping sandy, even after the destruction and deaths we know of so far, then you are down playing the storm.

Fail #2 With your history at political trolling, i think anyone who has been at ATS for a bit knows whats going on.
edit on 30-10-2012 by Resurected because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

reply to post by beezzer

Rev

Regardless of the question, that WAS an awesome answer.

Aye, I'm all kinds of awesome...unless you ask my first wife...or my current wife for that matter!!!

Joking aside, in this day and age, the President could do his job from a dirty bathroom in the arse-end of nowhere because the world is so well connected from the information technology point of view.

Rev

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join