It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is going on here? Ghost of bad luck?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Im really not sure where to go for help or if you can help..but..
4 months ago my grandmother passed away, i had been caring for her about 5 years here in her home(she had alzhiemers). ever since the day she passed there has been the weirdest bad luck and happenings. I am still in her house where all this happening.
It started with an scorpion infestation that we never had before. every now and then we would see one, but for about a month or two we would see a total of 5-10 per day. they have since gone away, i banished them with sage, plus insecticide all over..that may have worked.
Bad luck is here still, and im sickly and depressed. I find my self forgetting a lot of things too. Like I have scrambled brains or something..
everyday something happens, both vehicles did not start one morning( both had to be charged(battery)and nothing was left on in either car, also on different days, one right after another..the water pump broke to water well, the air conditioner broke, the dryer broke, plumbing broke.
my girls 11 and 17 have been lashing out more than normal, plus also my youngest is having problems with her asthma lately. my nephew stuck a screw in his ear (an inch long). i don't know how this happened, he is three almost 4 and i was right there in the next room..freaked me out..but he is fine now, only grazed his ear drum.
there is so much more, i just dont want to over load this message anymore..I just need some advice and some help please..im scared of whats next..its never ending. why would he do that?? he screamed out like ive never heard him do before...He has some speech problems so I don't think I'm going get a full story there.
I even hear loud bangs on the walls and doors, and at times I see a fast shadow go by out of the corner of my eye.
Im afraid of whats next, is it going to get worse?
Is my grandmother doing these things, or what? Someone give me some helpful info.
Maybe its just me, but I feel its not.
edit on 30-10-2012 by lyons666 because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-10-2012 by lyons666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by lyons666

what about documenting these occurances ? maybe, invite a local paranormal investigation team to your place ?
spiritually, i heard experts say, you have to be confident and "fight" this "evil" by talking out loud, that it is your place and you will not leave. standing up to this "something" might help.

edit on 30-10-2012 by icepack because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Can I ask politely if you (yourself) are taking any medication, or are suffering from any medical condition?.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by icepack

I have already sent this message to a couple of teams in my area and am awaiting a reply.
I know about having to be strong and verbal, but it is hard to do at times.
Great idea documentation..I will start doing that. Thank you..

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by hotel1

No, im not on any medications. I knew this would come up..Im healthy says the Dr. and my mind too. Depressed,yes.. but I think that has to do with her passing away..Doc said its normal. She was like a child to me, I took care of her every day. Now shes gone, i think. Just weird things going on, I need to tell someone and if I am called crazy or medicated so be it.. But im not..

Helpful info is what I need.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   

The paranormal teams will get back to you. I personally had to use one ( few times), it took about a week for them to get back to me. You have to remember that most of the investigators have full time jobs and they do the investigations on their off days. Everything will work out for you just remain as calm as you can. Keep us posted and be extra careful until their help arrives.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by normajean

Yes, i hope they message back and I figured they had jobs and such. This is just a hobby I guess.
But I will keep this thread informed with updates..thanks

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by lyons666
reply to post by hotel1

No, im not on any medications. I knew this would come up..Im healthy says the Dr. and my mind too. Depressed,yes.. but I think that has to do with her passing away..Doc said its normal. She was like a child to me, I took care of her every day. Now shes gone, i think. Just weird things going on, I need to tell someone and if I am called crazy or medicated so be it.. But im not..

Helpful info is what I need.

OK I hope you did not find my question offensive. I asked it because some medical conditions, or certain medications can cause visual disturbance. I realize that would not explain everything that has happened, but it may explain some of it. You mentioned that you are depressed, did the doctor diagnose this?.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by normajean

If I may..Can I ask about your experience and how the team helped you?? It is going to be awkward when they contact me, I have never done anything like this..

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by hotel1

Yes, he said it was mild depression due to the death of grandma. He wouldnt even give me any antidepresants, because i asked for them. lol Joking aside, it should be getting better, but the other day her memory just seemed to overwelm me. I cried for an hour straight and felt my self having a bit of trouble breathing too. Like hyperventelating. Very strange things happening. My little toy poodle has even been growling sometimes in the house, and come to think of it..the daschund goes out on a runner sometimes and will bark at nothing for a long time.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Man you're in a bad place and it gets to be too much for anyone. One thing after another going wrong and there seems no light at the end of the tunnel.

For some folk, this never happens and they can't understand the sense of despair it brings.

All I can say is buckle up and wait for it to pass. We can call it depression, bad luck, ghosts or whatever. Hardly matters what name you give it. Just don't get into any mind-set that you're being victimised by weird forces.

If the family can't help, see your friends. If friends can't help, see your family. There's always someone or something that keeps people afloat.

Sooner or later it passes by, the sun comes out again and all is fine with the world.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by lyons666
reply to post by hotel1

Yes, he said it was mild depression due to the death of grandma. He wouldnt even give me any antidepresants, because i asked for them. lol Joking aside, it should be getting better, but the other day her memory just seemed to overwelm me. I cried for an hour straight and felt my self having a bit of trouble breathing too. Like hyperventelating. Very strange things happening. My little toy poodle has even been growling sometimes in the house, and come to think of it..the daschund goes out on a runner sometimes and will bark at nothing for a long time.

You have to give yourself time to grieve. Although it varies from person to person, the average grieving time is about two years. You can read up on the five stages of grief: shock, disbelief, bargaining, anger, and finally acceptance.

Please don't think there's anything wrong with feeling depressed; you lost someone you loved dearly. This is how you heal from that experience.

As to the paranormal aspects, I can't help you there. Just know you've got friends here who will listen to your strange stories and believe you.

Hugs to you,
smylee

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Most doctors will not give out anti-depressants if you ask for them because if you ask for them they have been told to assume that you want them for illegal distribution, or self harm purposes. If you really feel you need the meds I would suggest you see another doctor and ask if they can help relieve the depression you have been feeling.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Thanks for the words of encouragement, I will try and be positive but it is hard when things keep happening. Im just waiting for the next thing and I have to get my mind on something else I know..

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
If you believe in spiritual stuff, then maybe (as has often been recommended on this website) use a little bit of white sage and get some incense. Open your windows and clean the air and smudge the white sage around the house on doors and windows and stuff.

I've never tried it myself but some people swear by it.

On the other hand, it could be a scientific reason. I'd suggest reading about infrasound (google 'low frequencies ghosts') it could be a low frequency coming from the ground and could be responsible for the uneasy feelings and depression.

Research by Vic Tandy, a lecturer at Coventry University, suggested that an infrasonic signal of 19 Hz might be responsible for some ghost sightings. Tandy was working late one night alone in a supposedly haunted laboratory at Warwick, when he felt very anxious and could detect a grey blob out of the corner of his eye. When Tandy turned to face the grey blob, there was nothing.
The following day, Tandy was working on his fencing foil, with the handle held in a vise. Although there was nothing touching it, the blade started to vibrate wildly. Further investigation led Tandy to discover that the extractor fan in the lab was emitting a frequency of 18.98 Hz, very close to the resonant frequency of the eye given as 18 Hz by NASA.[32] This was why Tandy had seen a ghostly figure—it was an optical illusion caused by his eyeballs resonating. The room was exactly half a wavelength in length, and the desk was in the centre, thus causing a standing wave which caused the vibration of the foil.[33]

en.wikipedia.org...

Good luck.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

Thank you, I did look up the five stages..Sounds like me for sure, but without the weird happenings..
I know that time will heal, it just seems so far from now.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotel1

Most doctors will not give out anti-depressants if you ask for them because if you ask for them they have been told to assume that you want them for illegal distribution, or self harm purposes. If you really feel you need the meds I would suggest you see another doctor and ask if they can help relieve the depression you have been feeling.

I thought about that, and am thinking of finding another dr soon.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I'm sure reading this might help.

www.prosoundweb.com...

meta-religion.com...

It's a relatively new(ish) theory that these feelings of being spooked out , depressed or even ghostly events may originate from low frequency standing sound waves (standing wound waves mean that the wave is neither absorbed nor reflected completely and becomes a static wave [overlapping with each other] - this can lead to discordant 'trapped' energy and is most noticable with low end frequencies (higher frequencies can reflect or diffuse much easily and thus disperse). This is the reason you can hear your neighbours 'thud thud' bass from music through the walls.

However, the frequencies I talk about are below the human range of hearing and thus are 'felt' as opposed to 'heard' and thus may also explain why animals experience such 'ghostly' activity, their hearing ranges are different to us.

You can research the above yourself.

Firstly I would check by turning off various power sources and supplies, maybe it's the wiring in the house, or something geomagnetic, but these trials and experiments have brought results and observations. Try experimenting (safely) by switching off various lights and such and see if the feeling passes.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
If you need any more help understanding frequencies and such, don't be afraid to ask.

I don't mind helping. Some of my family have experiences VERY strange things and we have no true answers, however research can help.

Also - try and be positive for the children, you'd be amazed at how different things can be perceived with a change of heart. Break your routine and treat yourself, leave the house and enjoy your lives and be happy.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

I will try this, but it doesnt explain some the events happening here. Thanks, and I will try and read from the links you gave as well..

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join