It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are You Proud To Be A Human?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I am not.

I would prefer to be plankton. I consider plankton to be a higher form of life.

Its quite odd to me that we celebrate our flaws as if our flaws make us beautiful. We are 'only human' arent we? And thats fantastic apparently.

Are you ruled by the 'pleasure pain principle'? Can you excuse yourself by blaming your 'id' ? I cant. If our 'id' is responsible for everything then we are void of any genuine virtue. Nothing is for others, its all for you. You only did a nice thing to validate yourself. You seek intrinsic rewards. You want to believe that you are 'good' and thats why you did it. For you.

And what do we consider 'freedom' to be these days? The freedom to indulge in the Seven Deadly Sins? hmm

Is the top of a food chain automatically the highest form of life?

What is 'sanity' these days? It is clearly linked to society isnt it? But do we have a sane society? Not in my opinion.To be sane in the western world you must be insane.

What is 'love' in a society like this? Could 'true love' exist under capitalism? Fromm said it couldnt and look at the divorce rates in the west.

Western Society is a disease and we are all infected.

I wish I was plankton. You could remove us from the food chain and everything would be fine. Plankton is far more important.

Until we make a better society we are no more than parasites and it will only get worse unless we change direction.
edit on 30-10-2012 by GaiusMarius because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Plankton??? I don't want to be whale food! But being human..isn't all that great either.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Humans is just a label weve been given..

Who knows what the hell we are...

I will add this though,

I Am proud of myself.....

Im really not a fan of labels...
edit on 30-10-2012 by ElOmen because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

I feel like banker food.

I think we could be great and we are deep down. I think we could be alot better anyway.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by GaiusMarius

I feel like banker food.

I think we could be great and we are deep down. I think we could be alot better anyway.

Oh we are definitely banker food.

Need to pull ourselves out from under the pyramid. After all, it's just us holding it up.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
No not proud at all. We are all guilty of ruining the experience. When/If we meet other beings, and maybe if we can communicate with them, I will be embarrased to show them our history.

Despite that, I am happy to be alive. There are terrible things about being human, but there are amazing things that im happy to have been alive to experience.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ElOmen

Not Freud in my opinion. The freak.

Just because he was a freak doesnt mean the rest of us are in my opinion.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Diggz
No not proud at all. We are all guilty of ruining the experience. When/If we meet other beings, and maybe if we can communicate with them, I will be embarrased to show them our history.

Despite that, I am happy to be alive. There are terrible things about being human, but there are amazing things that im happy to have been alive to experience.

I would be embarrased too.

I read a cool short story a while ago and the plot was that earth is used as somewhat of an insane asylumn and had been chosen because earth was the furthest away from the rest of the inhabited planets. So far away from everyone else that only the most advanced ships could reach us to drop off more lunatics. It made sense

edit on 30-10-2012 by GaiusMarius because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Yeah, I think we should consider eating the bankers actually.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I like humans, just not humanity.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Yes I'm proud to be human!

I know humans have done many things not be proud of, but so has nature (through a value system that is human enough to admit "pride"), and probably plankton.

The fact is that we humans could have willfully destroyed every weaker culture and species on the planet by now - yes many disappeared, but we did not willingly destroy them all.

In fact, we try to save even dangerous predators, and conserve ecosystems with little direct benefit.
edit on 30-10-2012 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
We are the most versatile species on the planet, the most imaginative and most creative, and yet we choose to be the most destructive, ignorant, fearful, and judgmental species as well. It's such an unimaginable waste of potential. That's our legacy.

Considering everything we could be, and everything we've chosen to be despite everything we have been, we are a phenomenal disappointment. There is no pride to being a human, because in the karmic balance, humans have done very little to be proud of. For every way we've invented to make life more beautiful and joyous, we've invented a dozen other ways to ruin and destroy life.

Am I proud to be a human being? No. And whether it be our evolution or our absolute destruction that lies in our future, I look forward to it. If we cannot accept the laws of the universe, then the laws of the universe cannot accept us.

That is the most simple truth there is.
edit on 30-10-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
"Are you proud to be a Human"

Well - Yes & No.

YES...............

AND NO................

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by GaiusMarius

being human is great..grow a pair...there is plenty of good in the world that happens every minute but some choose to dwell on the negative...you don't like how things are going for you as a human help do your part and help in your community and do things that are within your control....do that and our country has become that much better..regardless of how small the gesture...

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Laws of the universe? Can you point out to me where those are written? Come on people all this self hate...get over it...

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by chrismarco

Or just ignore my posts.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
One thing should be remembered: no one is guilty by association. Did humanity get to the moon? No. Individual humans did. Does humanity destroy the earth? No. Individual humans do. Did humanity paint the Mona Lisa? No, an individual human did.

No one can logically be proud or ashamed of someone else's actions, and therefore, can in no way be proud or ashamed to be a human. One can only be proud or ashamed of himself.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Although Earth is a mess; we don't feed our people, we conceal cures for disease and create new disease as weapons, everything is deception and anything that could lead to enlightenment is squashed and prevented from taking root, we use money and fear to keep people in line and nothing is as it appears on the surface. What do you expect of a prison planet and slave planet with five levels of consciousness in the populace. Those imprisoned here and forced to reincarnate here only, took over the planet. They were imprisoned on Earth after the great uprising of 200,000 years ago, which religions recount as the bad angels being cast from heaven. It really happened and we got the dregs of the universe, to be our leaders and they still are. Many newly sentient souls are sent to Earth because this is such an awful place. The great adversity, encountered by the newly sentient, is exactly what stimulates their consciousness growth. The norm on Earth seems like # sandwiches because that is what it is. We should try not to lose sight of the bigger picture. The reason for the fight 200,000 years ago was some of the angels wanting not to help raise the consciousness of the lower beings. God made it clear that everyone was to work for the common good and that meant helping develop lower consciousness beings. One third of the angels said no to God. Now, angels are not like us, when they have made their mind up on something, they never change their mind, ever. The two thirds that fought the one third, also committed to serving God and his agenda, forever and they will never change their minds.
Earth is about to get a reprieve from it's role as prison and subsequent slave planet. As of Dec 21, 2012 at 11:11 AM UT, Earth will advance from a Level 0 to a Level 1 civilisation. As it turns out it was the planet Earth that advanced and is still advancing and most of the populace, won't be able to reincarnate here because the planet's frequency is too high for us. About 85% of humans will end up on some primitive planet, requiring population. It will take about 100 years for all of the lower consciousness humans to die off on Earth, starting now. Higher consciousness humans can be born to lower consciousness humans. Although the planet is very much advancing, all is still 3D and we can all look forward to a very long time in 3D. The new Earth will have two levels of consciousness and be much more harmonius than what we experience today. TPTB will all be gone somewhere to relearn the meaning and value of humility and souls, compatible with Earth's higher frequency, can reincarnate here, if they wish. Earth's population will be about 500 million and the harm done, will all heal. The last 200,00 years have been a bump in the road for Earth, in eternity. All is well and cannot be otherwise. Peace and love.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by LesMisanthrope
One thing should be remembered: no one is guilty by association. Did humanity get to the moon? No. Individual humans did. Does humanity destroy the earth? No. Individual humans do. Did humanity paint the Mona Lisa? No, an individual human did.

No one can logically be proud or ashamed of someone else's actions, and therefore, can in no way be proud or ashamed to be a human. One can only be proud or ashamed of himself.

I disagree. So does Fromm and Marx.....Jack London.

You are capitalist.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by chrismarco
reply to post by GaiusMarius

being human is great..grow a pair...there is plenty of good in the world that happens every minute but some choose to dwell on the negative...you don't like how things are going for you as a human help do your part and help in your community and do things that are within your control....do that and our country has become that much better..regardless of how small the gesture...

Thats not good enough. My pair is bigger.

Society as a whole must change.

And a social conscience does not have to be linked to jealousy as much as capitalists like to claim that it does. There are millions of us that stand ready to do more than prop up capitalism.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join