It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill Would Reduce Welfare Benefits For Women Who Cannot Prove They Were Raped

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by milominderbinder

you forgot the word "Government"
It's the American Government's way!
them, and of course their buddies who have set themselves up to reap the windfall of the gov't's actions...
We are the American people..
and well to be honest, we might as well accept the fact that our gov't isn't gonna solve much of anything, except maybe a cash shortage in their or one of their buddy's bank account!!
it's up to the american people, and if we all pulled together and addressed those three issues, cost of living, low wages, and the educational aspect, by helping one another directly, paying our own employees enough, reducing our rents ect.. well, maybe we could make a difference??

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Sissel

I have to agree with you there.

I was assaulted 2-3 years ago and I'm still dealing with it...mostly out of fear that he will come back and try to keep me with him again. No one really knows what we go through unless we find the courage to speak about it, or you have been raped/assaulted yourself (not that I am wishing it on anyone, male or female)

The emotional/mental toll is greater than the physical...as the old saying goes, wounds heal, scars fade but the pain is still there.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by 3chainz

Who really cares? I mean something like this I may not agree with, but with America's Male Rape Culture(American's love it when little boy's, young men and men are raped, especially if they are raped in prison) why I should really care?

Republicans won't get my vote over this stuff, but neither will they lose it. When the shoe is on the other foot woe to the world. For well over twenty years males who have been raped have had to pay their rapists or be thrown in jail to be raped again. No one gave a damn during the whole girl power hate fest of the 90's, so why should they give a damn now? Ohh wait America is a gynocentric Matriarchy. Gal's wanted a gender war well they got it. The really messed up thing about it is, the only thing the average guy has to do to fight back against the oppressive gynocentric society, is simply ignore it. The hopes, dreams, the thoughts and opinions, if the Gynocentric Matriarchy lives or dies is of no concern to me.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Until your credibility is challenged and the excuses come out: "She was dressed provocatively." "They were intoxicaated and couldn't control themselves" "She said she wanted it"

There is also a thing called consensual/marital rape where one partner in the relationship uses forced sex to keep the other with them, despite their denial. It can also be used as a rapist's defense, especially when coming from ex-husbands/boyfriends who use it for revenge.

Marital rape

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheToastmanCometh
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Until your credibility is challenged and the excuses come out: "She was dressed provocatively." "They were intoxicaated and couldn't control themselves" "She said she wanted it"

There is also a thing called consensual/marital rape where one partner in the relationship uses forced sex to keep the other with them, despite their denial. It can also be used as a rapist's defense, especially when coming from ex-husbands/boyfriends who use it for revenge.

Marital rape

PA was one of the last states to outlaw it, but many police departments still won't arrest the attacker on a charge of rape. Hell, they don't even like to respond to domestic calls. As per the Wiki article:

Many United States rape statutes formerly precluded the prosecution of spouses, including estranged or even legally separated couples. In 1975, South Dakota removed this exception.[25] In 1993, North Carolina became the last state to remove the spousal exemption.[26] However, as of 1999, 33 of 50 U.S. states regarded spousal rape as a lesser crime [Bergen, 1999]. The perpetrator may be charged with related crimes such as assault, battery, or spousal abuse. There are other criminal charges that may be inapplicable to married couples. For example, in the U.S., there is a marriage exemption to the charge of statutory rape even if one of the spouses is under the age of consent in the jurisdiction where the sexual act takes place.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Rape is devilish. Let me say that. One of my immediate family members was raped a few years ago. I knocked the dude out who did it.
With that said, this bill doesn't offend me. In my opinion, there would be MANY out-of-wedlock mothers who would claim she was raped to get benefits. Especially if there was no proof, and the "rapist" didn't need to be named.
With that said, I think there should be federally funded therapy for women who claim to have been raped. But if any women with newborn can go to the government for benefits by accusing rape, I can't agree with that. That leaves too much room for scam artists.
edit on 31-10-2012 by capone1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Ann Coulter thinks single mothers are the bane of society and the scourge of the Earth.

Yep. All those single who lost their husbands/boyfriends in the Middle East should be pretty pissed, huh?

Same with the cops and firefighters for that matter. I wonder if she's called up Chris Stevens widow and told her what a lowlife she is yet.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by capone1
Rape is devilish. Let me say that. One of my immediate family members was raped a few years ago. I knocked the dude out who did it.
With that said, this bill doesn't offend me. In my opinion, there would be MANY out-of-wedlock mothers who would claim she was raped to get benefits. Especially if there was no proof, and the "rapist" didn't need to be named.
With that said, I think there should be federally funded therapy for women who claim to have been raped. But if any women with newborn can go to the government for benefits by accusing rape, I can't agree with that. That leaves too much room for scam artists.
edit on 31-10-2012 by capone1 because: (no reason given)

...or we just give government benefits to any woman with a newborn no matter how it was conceived.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by dawnstar

Just so I'm following you here.

Girl has a kid at 16 because she and her boyfriend didn't use BC. Second kid from a new boyfriend comes along at age 17. Third kid fathered by her "soulmate" at age 20. At 22 she gives birth to her fourth child (still from the soulmate). That relationship fades and she finds a new man and has her fifth kid at age 25. At 37 she is unemployable and living off the tax payer, same as she has been since age 16.

And the answer is to give her a good paying job that she isn't qualified for. Are you serious?
edit on 31-10-2012 by 200Plus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Sorry if this had been addressed already, I got to page 4 and had to comment.

What I want to know is what is the time limit on reporting the rape. For example, if a young college woman, passes out on a bed at a frat party, and wakes up naked, does she have to report a rape immediately? What if she doesn't find out she's pregnant for 6 weeks? Can she report the rape then?

Can she say no to a rape kit, and still receive benefits?

If a woman reports a rape and delivers a baby, will the baby automatically be DNA tested, in order to identify the rapist in case they find the him? Does the child's DNA become part of the criminal data bank? Wouldn't that be a violation of the child's privacy?

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

That brings up another tough question.. What if said college student passed out and woke up naked, but was afraid and/or ashamed to tell her boyfriend. Six weeks later she says she was raped and got preganat. DNA shows it's the boyfriend's kid. Would he be charged with rape?

+edit is evidence of a crime a violation of privacy? I really don't know. I am not trying to be a smart @^$
edit on 31-10-2012 by 200Plus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by 200Plus

+edit is evidence of a crime a violation of privacy? I really don't know. I am not trying to be a smart @^$

What I mean to question is the child's privacy in the future. Would his/her DNA be subject to automatic search in a crime investigation?

Is a child evidence of a crime, anyway?

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Okay. They oppose abortion, but also oppose caring for children. Makes perfect sense.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

I would have to think from a technical standpoint that the child's DNA would be evidence of a crime. If the child was the product of rape. It's horrible to say that but it makes sense in a logical way, does it not?

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3chainz
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Condoms are one of the most unreliable methods of birth control out there.

From a man's whose had sex with over 50 women, meaning i lost count at 50. Condoms work pretty darn well! Just don't be an idiot and keep them in your wallet.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I spew out my dirty laundry in the rant section a lot. I do.
But this is my own personal kind of hellish dirty laundry, but I'm putting it here.

Back in 97 I was raped by the neighbor guy.
I finally told someone. And they just chuckles and said, ''well you DID say he was hot a while ago."

While he was forcing me, I SAID NO. I FOUGHT. He refused to stop.
I did not report it after confiding in my friend. "You DID say he was hot a while ago."

How did that make me feel? I apparently asked for it cuz I'd said he was hot. Obviously that meant nothing would have happened if I reported it. I had said once that he was hot.

Guess I had it coming, huh? So reporting it would have made ZERO sense.

THAT is the mindset of some who get raped. Now think of those who like to dress a little to show off assets - something I've never done personally. I'm a baggy teeshirt/sweatshirt and baggy pants kinda person. Or what of the females who love to drink and get friendly? I also do not drink period. YUCK.

They don't deserve to be raped any more than I did.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by sarra1833

I often argue points that are 180 degrees from my actual personal beliefs just because i enjoy the debate.

But I am 100% sincere and honest when i say my heart does break when I hear stories like yours.

You didn't deserve what happened to you. Nobody that has been forced in a sexual way deserves that.

There should be ZERO excuses, ZERO defense, and ZERO tolerance. A person that rapes will most likely rape again if not caught.I have to believe that something as heinous as rape cannot be a one time offense for a person that does it.

I built several centers for battered and abused women while I was overseas. In that country a victim of rape was guilty. No questions, no trial. They were shunned by their family (at a minimum), and shunned by society (at a minimum). Whether she was dressed like a ninja or dressed like a fasion model, she was a woman and she was guilty.

I will forever champion the cause of victims of sexual assault. I just honestly believe that many women on government assistance would claim rape rather than name the father. This may be fear of reprisal, fear of abandonment, or just plain greed on the part of the individual.

I just want to make sure that nothing I have said, has in any way, belittled the atrocity of rape or has seemed to suggest that it is a lesser crime than it is.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by 3chainz

This bill is simply put; insane. Yes, there are women who `cry rape` but it is very rare and not common at all. When a women says she was raped I am willing to believe that something happened against her will.

Women in poverty who have a child, more so for when the child is a product of rape, need social assistance more than anyone else. It is not easy to be very poor and have a child. Kids view their mother as an angel of loving grace. She is the most perfect person a child knows. When mother cannot provide for that child, it does great damage to the child both mentally, emotionally and physically.

My parents were working class. They both worked very hard but were unable to increase their class status. If it was not for social assistance, my sister and I would have not survived. It was social assistance which helped my parents put food on the table. The extreme right wing does not understand the actual material conditions people are living under. People need help. It is the duty of society to help increase the quality of life for those who are working so hard but simply cannot escape the pit falls of being the working poor.

Touching on the children of rape issue again, when dark elements of society cause twisted acts like rape, and a child is product of that rape, society is responsible for what happened because it is society which created the rapist in the first place. It is also the responsibility of society to seek to understand why we have rapist in the first place and correct what is creating rapist. In any society, none of us are disconnected from each other. Every action we take effects everyone around us.

Treat ladies like garbage and be a general scum bag, guess what your son will grow up to be like? Something to think about.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by korathin

Who really cares? I mean something like this I may not agree with, but with America's Male Rape Culture(American's love it when little boy's, young men and men are raped, especially if they are raped in prison) why I should really care?

America loves child rape?

Ohh wait America is a gynocentric Matriarchy. Gal's wanted a gender war well they got it. The really messed up thing about it is, the only thing the average guy has to do to fight back against the oppressive gynocentric society, is simply ignore it.

In what reality is the US a matriarchy? Men wayyyyyyyyy outnumber women in all the powerful positions out there. Women still get paid less and are less likely to be promoted to an authority position at a job. The only part of society where women are favored over men is jail sentences.

You have a very skewed view of the world. I think you're just dying to be some sort of victim.

edit on 31-10-2012 by 3chainz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ancient Champion
reply to post by 3chainz

I like it how you throw a chart in there and put some numbers together and make everyone believe that everyone on welfare is old people and not young people with alot of kids who just don't want to work.

It's called facts, and I take it you don't like them.

There are some people that abuse the system and are just lazy but that is not the majority.

edit on 31-10-2012 by 3chainz because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join