It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Sniper Shoots Suicidal Teen After Parents Call 911

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by iwilliam

Your the argumentative one coming at it in yet ANOTHER post. . I been in hard times this kid doesnt know what hard is thats why he flipped his sh*t over bad grade. split hairs whatever way you want argumentative one I'm most likely not going to respond to another post because I dont care. dont have the time and again I dont really care I suggest you move on.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by darkhorserider
reply to post by VaterOrlaag

I'm not taking their side, I'm saying we know what we get when we call them. You're not calling Andy Griffith to come talk some manly sense into your boy, you are calling a paramilitary unit that works for a buck and wants to go home at the end of the day unscathed. I'm also criticizing a woman that doesn't seem like much of a mother, but now she is crying that it is the fault of the police? She had 16 years to fix this problem, but the police had a few moments to make a key life and death decision.

Don't get me wrong, it is a sad story. Leave the police, and the government, and the courts, and the child welfare folks, and the child support folks, and the FDA, and the code enforcers, and all other regulatory bodies out of your business, and you'll be a much happier person. People that depend on someone else to solve all their problems often end up disappointed or downright appalled at the results. The mother should have handled her son, that is what mothers are for. She should have done it 16 years ago, and 15, and 14, and 13, and she should have done it last week, and she should have done it in that very key moment, but instead she called the police, and now he's dead.

These are my thoughts exactly! You said it much better than I could of.

Time's have changed. The police are no longer mediators. I learned this lesson with a much simpler situation and I'm glad for it. Now I know. If you call the police to come to your home because you are scared, expect to see someone arrested. If you call the police because you're scared, and someone has a gun; expect to see someone shot. Sad But True

After reading further I want to add a few things:

Nice job Wrabbit, you're good at this

Also, I have a 16 year old son. I know it's impossible to know how you would handle a situation like this, but I REALLY can't picture leaving his side in a situation like that. I got a creepy feeling about the mother while listening to the 911 call. She went from hysterical to an almost gossipy chat in 5 minutes.

So sad, seems to me like a kid that was really hurting inside and no one did anything about it. She said the kid had threatened to do crazy stuff before. They should of taken the utmost gun safety precautions/removed the gun from the home.

OK one more thing

I don't normally announce my flagging of a thread, but I am making an exception here because it is exceptional. I think there is a lot to be learned here. Not to mention the extremely cohesive/almost trolless flow of the text itself.

Nice job everyone

edit on 1-11-2012 by MidnightSunshine because: i like to add stuff

edit on 1-11-2012 by MidnightSunshine because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Excellent work wrabbit. I concur with your conclusions. Wow. A tragic day all around for all involved in this case.

On a personal note. I don't understand why you wish you hadn't made this thread. I think it's great you made this thread. It helped everyone sort the situation out and come to a rational non knee jerk conclusion. You helped a lot of people who looked at this thread whether they commented or were even ATS members to understand better what happened that day and help them better manage their emotional opinion to the incident.

In a very real sense you did exactly what ATS stands for. Helped to deny ignorance.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by BASSPLYR

Well really he is saying he wished he hadn't of opened the thread, he didn't create it

Agreed though his conclusions are good. I think in the end, the parents shouldn't have called the cops, and the cops should have allowed the boys father to keep speaking to him.

Why they give 16-24 hours for criminals in standoff situations but not a 16 year old is annoying.

All around a sad event. As i said from the get go, not sure exactly how i feel about it aside from disgusted. Maybe disgusted with society, maybe with the kid, maybe with the cops i don't know. Just horrible to have this go down this way.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Well then I would like to extend a round of applause to you too for starting the thread. With the help of the ATS community I think your thread sets a good example of what a thread should look like here at ATS.

Good work in my book.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Cops are total gun and kill happy.
all cops should be seen by a shrink.
but we would end up with No cops.

that would not be a bad thing.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by BASSPLYR

Err... Just a note. I didn't make the thread. lol.. I just put some time into trying to figure out what happened. (embarrassed smile) I never intended to draw away from the host of the thread.

The circumstances just bugged me so much and now I guess I know why. It looked so wrong ..and was, in reality. Yet, something just wasn't right about it too. This was definitely one that took a bit of time to get the whole story. That's why I regret getting involved with and opening the thread (to read and reply to). Putting real time into digging on something makes the tragedy of it more personal for me somehow and so much more so when the truth of how it turns out to be isn't even what I expected to find,

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

The 911 tape you shared is the most damning of it all. But not against the cops but in favor of them.

The call starts off with the mom saying "Can you send someone over because my son has a gun."
They ask why does he have a gun?
"Because he is angry, hes angry and hes going to just walk out the door"

I recognize the tone in her voice, its annoyance at his disobedience. She sounds sarcastic and annoyed not scared. Maybe thats unfair of me to say but as a listener, thats my reaction to it.

The cops were given information that a kid with a gun trying to leave is angry. Of course they're going to send more than 1 cop to talk to him.

It's so sad. But i do see how they reacted. My opening statement in the OP was that i could find no justification to their reaction. I was wrong. There seems to be plenty of justification. And that is sad. Sad for everyone involved.

The kid pushed it too far, the parents pushed it too far, the cops pushed it too far. Nothing was clear until the shot was fired and the dust settled.

Thank you very much for your contribution to this thread. You provided enough information to give some serious closure to this topic for me.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join