It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dirty hippie tree humpers. (aka "Occupy")

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
We all own a small part of this planet, it's the legacy that we leave behind what we own and nothing more. Let me say this. If I see that you have taken possession of some property and you are harvesting anything and everything valuable that comes across it, and you are sh/tting in a big pile in the corner of it and leaving the place in a squandered mess... You are damn right I'm going to occupy your space and I'm going to try my best and make sure that either you start taking responsibility for the legacy that you leave behind, or that you don't be have the means to trash another piece of property again. It is all of our responsibilities to make sure that our neighbors are not hurting the environment that all of our children are going to have to share one day. If we do not keep each other in check, then who will?

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by cavalryscout
reply to post by kimish

No - It defines "occupy" to a t. You're right though as they are nothing but low life squatters.

Ive just joined Occupy and the stuff they do to expose the elite is very smart. the elite thought they could use the movement to hype up the gold price notice george soros's backing of the occupiers at the start.

they have helped expose many things as well as supporting other groups like the one that just exposed an 8 billion dollar fraud by a major bank in Australia ( unhappybanking.net.au ), they are exposing the myth behind the gold price where tptb pay miners in third world countries a dollar a day to mine the gold and Occupy has had an effect on the selling of gold tptb have got 40 million tonnes unsold.

they are exposing the governments activities in stealing children from families and where the system is so corrupted they actually pay a 3000 dollar bonus per child to child protection workers who are taking children away from their own families with absolutely no reason whatsoever.

The occupy movement is based in cities not in individuals houses so please do not believe the trolls that cannot think for themselves and would rather encourage corruption that affects you all.

There are some very smart people both on the street level of occupy and behind the scenes so show them some respect because they are only there to expose corruption and you should go chat with them especially about the issues that brought you to this site.
edit on 30-10-2012 by jinni73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ApolloBloodline
reply to post by cavalryscout

You obviously know very little about the occupy movement. It isn't about a bunch of squatters whining about what they aren't getting. It is, and always has been, about the influence that big banks and corporations have in politics and policy making that allows them to gain large amounts of wealth at the expense of a nations people. It doesn't detail those that have worked hard to obtain their own money.

Whoever told you otherwise is completely wrong and there are large amounts of people going to these occupations without knowing what they are about. This isn't about a bunch of dirty jobless hippies who just want to whine and moan, this is about hard working americans that put their nose to the grind for near nothing while a small percentage of individuals who know how to pull the strings through special interest groups and lobbyist tactics do hardly nothing and gain more than their fair share. This is about those small few that reap what other people sow.

edit on 30-10-2012 by ApolloBloodline because: verbiage modification

Thank you.

That is a very well written interpretation of events.

Here is what I see...

I see a lot of people who accepted loans from banks that they couldn't afford. A lot of people living a lifestyle they couldn't afford. Many of those people lost their jobs and couldn't make the mortgage payment. Now thay want to blame the banks.

edit on 30-10-2012 by cavalryscout because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-10-2012 by cavalryscout because: (no reason given)

there are many disputes where the banks give just 24 hours or a month in the 2 cases i know of to repay the entire loan, or renege on an agreement to supply funds further down the line which has just caught out one businessman who has just lost everything after virtually finishing the apartment block he was building.

If you are on the banks side then no problem but stop saying the banks are not corrupt when they are clearly withdrawing funding for businesses which in turn have to lay off their staff, they are causing this so educate yourself because if everyone ends up with your mindset then tptb have won, start with the website in the above post.
edit on 30-10-2012 by jinni73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
The obviously unnecessarily immaturely assigned labels greatly detracts from the message attempted at communication here...unless that emotive reaction is all thats sought - because as is evident from the majority of responses, the OP is using the word 'occupy' with as much accuracy as when it generalizes the actions of some to the whole (which is little).
Hope some see the lightruth in here~

∞LOVE
mayallsoulsbefree∞

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   

reply to post by Anundeniabletruth

Okay lets say it's 50 / 50 banks and borrowers fault.

How exactly are the banks benefiting by making loans they knew wouldn't be repaid? This isn't the first time I've heard this argument but it's another thing that doesn't make any sense.

Fractional Reserve - look it up.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   

nature owns everything

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   

and hugging a tree is a very comforting feeling. you should try it some time

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   

reply to post by CagliostroTheGreat

i had nothing to do with any of it so why should i defend the actions of people 200 years ago?

I've never killed a native american nor have I ever owned a slave. Not anything I did or can change.

The fact that you were born (by a woman I assume - chattel not too long ago) means that you benefited from the exploitation of slaves and natives. And that doesn't even consider the concept of Karma or genetic memory. We are in some way responsible for all the horrors of the past.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Wow.

I never thought my little rant would garner so much attention.

Thanks for all the input. I've read a lot of the responses and I'll read the rest of them in the morning.

Peace.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 02:31 AM
link   
so whats the difference when we "colonized" the america's? didn't the people here already work and care for the land? lmao... human nature my friend it's ugly.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 03:17 AM
link   
"Wow. I never thought my little rant would garner so much attention."

C'mon man, of course you did, that's why you called the thread what you did, no?

But yes, another poster has mentioned fractional reserve banking, that's what Occupy was originally about. (though it has gotten sidetracked into many other issues, for whatever reasons). Creating awareness and expressing anger at the injustice, unfairness and even illegality of the the actions of Wall St and the banking system that crashed the economy, for which no one has yet been punished. (in fact many of them were rewarded; not only by keeping their jobs, but in actual million-dollar bonuses). As both Presidential candidates are funded heavily by Goldman Sachs, to name just one, it seems likely no one ever will.

So, how do banks benefit from intentionally lending money to people who can't pay it back?
Well, first of all, it is insured (which is another scam anyway...), so if they don't pay it back, bank wins.
Second of all, and this is the most important, they create imaginary money - it never existed - that the lender must pay back in REAL money. And pay back at least double the amount that was borrowed.
Think about that...They created the money they lend you at the touch of a button, but the money you pay back has real value, the number of hours, weeks, months, years worked to earn it...YOU couldn't just touch a button to produce it in order to pay it back...and if YOU did, what would happen?! Hardee Har Har...
Well, you say, we're paying the bank to assume the risk...But, what risk? It's insured, so...?
And what risk is there in lending money that does not exist, never did, and only will exist once it is paid back?
This might have made sense at one time, when banks actually had to have a certain amount in reserve to cover the depositors money should they come to withdraw it. But, that is not the case anymore, and hasn't been for a long long time. The banks just create money out of thin air. It is LITERALLY no more than a pyramid or ponzi scheme.
(the banks are 'allowed' to create about 10 imaginary, loan, dollars for every 1 dollar they have, hence the name fractional reserve banking.)

And that is only a very small part of the story. Once you throw in Wall St and the speculators, and the insurance companies and toxic loans...man, it's so complicated and cluster#ed, and that's exactly how they want it. If more people understood it, (the aim of the Occupy movement, remember?) they would be out in the streets with them, not ridiculing and hating them.

Here's an interesting quote:
"It is well enough that people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning. " Henry Ford

I've heard it said that after the crash of 1929, bankers had to go around with bodyguards. People hated them that much.

This isn't a new thing, but it has gotten much much worse, in terms of what the banks and Wall St are allowed to do, let alone the illegal things they get away with, are not punished for. And somehow, the knowledge of this, how things actually work, has been kept from of the regular person's awareness for the most part. And real people are suffering on account of this imaginary money. And it's not the right people suffering, the ones who cause the problems. How come the banks get bailed out, but regular people don't? Especially when the 'money' doesn't actually exist?

I'm going to collect some things for you or anyone else interested to read, but first I'll post a couple of videos that explain things in a humorous way.

"How does the financial system work?" 2min42sec
youtu.be...

"Clarke and Dawe - European Debt Crisis", also called "World Collapse Explained in 3 Minutes" youtu.be...

edit on 31-10-2012 by curiouscanadian777 because: add comment

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 04:38 AM
link   
* it needs to be noted that in the above post I mentioned REAL money - in fact, none of it is real, as you will find out when/if you read up on it. I just used the term to differentiate between the 'money' we work for, pay our debts with, that has been actually earned by us, as opposed to computer data created by the bank. (yes, it's a total mind-#...)

Here are a couple of fairly short articles. It is very complicated, so it is hard to find things that are not 600 pages long to explain it. As I said, they like it that way.

" Guest Post: Cui Bono Fed: Who Benefits from the Federal Reserve?" www.zerohedge.com...

"The Fractional Reserve Banking Fraud" www.articledashboard.com...

"Fractional Reserve Banking" by Murray N. Rothbard www.lewrockwell.com...

There is a lot of info on this site as well as movies. www.themoneymasters.com...
One of the movies is on youtube "The Money Masters - How International Bankers Gained Control of America"
youtu.be... (It is quite long, 3 1/2 hours)

And the article I read first, that opened my eyes, is an excerpt from the book "The Creature From Jekyll Island" which is the story of the creation of and an explanation of the Federal Reserve.
www.thevenusproject.com...

Of course, there is much more information out there, probably a lot on this site as a matter of fact.
I hope I haven't bored you. I'll tell you, you start reading this stuff, you won't be bored. You get a chill, a real sick feeling.

One thing I find very interesting is that there is one large group of people in the world who consider usury to be a crime, as Jesus did (threw the moneylenders out of the temple) : The Islamic community

[“O ye who believe! Fear Allah, and give up what remains of your demand for usury (i.e., the interest due on a fixed deposit, or on any other loan on interest), if ye are indeed believers.” If ye do it not (i.e. if you persist in your claim or demand for the interest due to you), then take notice of (a declaration of) war from Allah and His Messenger: but if ye turn away (from such claim or demand), then you are entitled to the return of your capital sum (placed in the fixed deposit or otherwise lent); do not enter into (such) unjust transactions, nor allow yourselves to be subjected to such.
If (you forgo the interest due to you and then find) the debtor in a difficulty (in respect of returning the capital sum that was lent to him on interest), grant him time till it is easy for him to repay. But if ye remit it by way of charity, that is best for you if ye only knew.
And (in this matter in particular, i.e., lending money on interest) fear the Day when ye shall be brought back to Allah. Then shall every soul be paid what it earned, and none shall be dealt with unjustly.’ (Qur’an, al-Baqarah, 2:278-281)] source www.imranhosein.org...

edit on 31-10-2012 by curiouscanadian777 because: added comment

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Also, you mentioned the Hernandez family and have the impression that they are squatting, or refuse to leave the house that they've been kicked out of, presumably because of their own stupidity in taking a loan that they shouldn't have. I just heard of them myself a couple days ago.
Here is parts of a statement that they've put out (it's quite long, I'll link to the full statement at the end) :

"We have elected to use our protected rights of freedom of speech to protest the fraudulent banking processes that led to our home being illegally foreclosed upon. Even with limited options, we refused to submit to something we knew was morally wrong and began to organize our family, friends and anyone willing and able to help.
Our family started to find ways to educate our community; not just about our unjust situation but the larger systems playing into it and a barricade was built in front of our home as an artistic display of resistance.
Our battle with the bank however extends past just these 50 days to five years ago when the bank adjusted our monthly payment rates from 3,900 to 4,500. Even with various members of our family contributing to the payments, the dramatic and sudden increase made it impossible to add into our budgets. When we called to ask for assistance, we were informed by Bank of America that the only people that were receiving assistance with their loans were homeowners who were behind on payments. We were painted into a corner where if we sought assistance- our only option was to allow ourselves to purposely fall behind on payments.
During our five years of negotiations, we applied for four modifications and had all of them denied based on reasons that we knew were illegitimate. Also within the last five years, we have seen the bank implement specific practices to gain ammunition to slander our name and delegitimize our ownership of our home. For example; during this 5 year period of negotiations, every time our family wanted to make payments towards the loan, the bank refused to take them. The bank later used this lack of payments to justify the auction of our home from underneath us. While not taking payment may seem very strange, we later learned that this is a very common practice that many banks use during foreclosure processes. We also learned that there have been various fraudulent affidavits associated with the rejection of our loan modification paperwork. To put it bluntly, the bank wants us to lose our home because the profit they stand to make from collecting the insurance they leveraged against us is more than the payments we would be making. Again- both of these are common practices that banks even now are continuing to use with countless families across our country.
After our latest modification request was denied; the eviction notice was immediate despite the fact that our family submitted a QWR (Qualified Written Request) for proof of a written title that is still being investigated.
No family should ever have to lose their home because of the immoral and dishonest bank practices that our government continues to allow. This action has always been about educating each other. About empowering each other to stand up and knowing that we will have a community to stand with us. Despite what you think or how you have been told to feel- you can do something. We are peaceful, we are non-violent but we refuse to go down quietly. It is becoming increasingly necessary to build a culture of resistance. An organized community is a force to be reckoned with and that is why our family is being criminalized."

Link to fb page with the full statement www.facebook.com...

A lot of these foreclosures have been illegal and the only reason the banks got away with it is because the people left when they were told instead of staying and fighting.
In many cases, many of the banks cannot even produce the paperwork that proves ownership or what is owed or anything else, due to the mess of them selling them on to other banks and banks in other countries.
I saw a documentary on banks hiring people for hourly rates to forge bankers signatures on documents! So what kind of contracts are these banks actually trying to enforce?!? How can they possibly be considered to be legal documents? These are some of the shady and actually illegal things the banks are doing, and that's just what I've heard of.

edit on 31-10-2012 by curiouscanadian777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Don't mean to spam your thread, just thought you might be interested in what some other people besides "Dirty Hippie Tree Humpers" thought and had to say about the banking system/federal reserve (though I will admit that a lot of the Occupy people don't seem to know much about this stuff...)

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. Already they have raised up a monied aristocracy that has set the government at defiance. The issuing power (of money) should be taken away from the banks and restored to the people to whom it properly belongs." Thomas Jefferson

"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation and then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children will wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered." Thomas Jefferson

"History records that the money changers have used every form of abuse, intrigue, deceit, and violent means possible to maintain their control over governments by controlling money and it's issuance." James Madison

President Andrew Jackson to the bankers who approached him in the drawing room of the White House:

"Gentlemen, I have had men watching you for a long time and I am convinced that you have used the funds of the bank to speculate in the breadstuffs of the country. When you won, you divided the profits amongst you, and when you lost, you charged it to the bank. You tell me that if I take the deposits from the bank and annul its charter I shall ruin ten thousand families. That may be true, gentlemen, but that is your sin! Should I let you go on you will ruin fifty thousand families, and that would be my sin! You are a den of vipers and thieves. I have determined to rout you out, and by the Eternal God, I will rout you out!"

"The money power preys upon the nation in times of peace and conspires against it in times of adversity. It is more despotic than monarchy, more insolent than autocracy, more selfish than bureaucracy. It denounces, as public enemies, all who question its methods or throw light upon its crimes." Abraham Lincoln

"Whoever controls the volume of money in any country is absolute master of all industry and commerce." James A. Garfield

"A great industrial nation is controlled by it's system of credit. Our system of credit is concentrated in the hands of a few men. We have come to be one of the worst ruled, one of the most completely controlled and dominated governments in the world-- no longer a government of free opinion, no longer a government by conviction and vote of the majority, but a government by the opinion and duress of small groups of dominant men." Woodrow Wilson

"Most Americans have no real understanding of the operation of the international money lenders. The accounts of the Federal Reserve System have never been audited. It operates outside the control of Congress and manipulates the credit of the United States." Senator Barry Goldwater

"We have, in this country, one of the most corrupt institutions the world has ever known. I refer to the Federal Reserve Board. This evil institution has impoverished the people of the United States and has practically bankrupted our government. It has done this through the corrupt practices of the moneyed vultures who control it." Congressman Louis T. McFadden,1932

"The Federal Reserve banks are one of the most corrupt institutions the world has ever seen. There is not a man within the sound of my voice who does not know that this nation is run by the International bankers." Louis T. McFadden

"Some [Most] people think the Federal Reserve Banks are the United States government's institutions. They are not government institutions. They are private credit monopolies which prey upon the people of the United States for the benefit of themselves and their foreign swindlers." Louis T. McFadden,1932

"...the increase in the assets of the Federal Reserve banks from 143 million dollars in 1913 to 45 billion dollars in 1949 went directly to the private stockholders of the [federal reserve] banks." Eustace Mullins

"The few who understand the system, will either be so interested from it's profits or so dependant on it's favors, that there will be no opposition from that class." Rothschild Brothers of London, 1863

"Give me control of a nation's money and I care not who makes it's laws." Mayer Amschel Bauer Rothschild

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join