It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dirty hippie tree humpers. (aka "Occupy")

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by cavalryscout

you boohoo over the slaughter of millions of men women and children?

and yes we had slaves. but so what? you really said that? slavery should be considered a festering sore on mankind, an evil practice and never brused aside with such arrogance.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by XLR8R

Not even.

everybody keeps telling me what they aren't about but nobody has explained the goal of the movement.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by CagliostroTheGreat

i had nothing to do with any of it so why should i defend the actions of people 200 years ago?

I've never killed a native american nor have I ever owned a slave. Not anything I did or can change.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   

obviously, unless of course your Duncan Mcleod.

but seriously, even if you had no hand in those events how can you speak of them like you so?

like its nothing.

even if it was hundreds of years ago, i still feel the pain of those poor souls, no one deserves that.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   

nearly all of which are infiltrated by "anarchist inciters"

bah.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by cavalryscout
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

Yeah, yeah, yeah ..........we took the land from the natives. boo hoo. That is such a lame argument I usually don't even respond to such nonsense. We had slaves too, so what. I'm talking about current events.

"history does not repeat itself,
but sometimes it rhymes"

yeah yeah lame
a mugger with a gun in your face would make exactly the same bully-taunt *cough*"argument".
feel free to go to any reservation and make any such "arguments" and harangue them into "dropping it already".

as for land theft and slavery that is still going on, only the names have changed, and there are none so blind, as those who refuse to see.

then there are those who need/demand evil to be swept under the rug,

the better to keep practicing it.

also you've been told already about Adverse_possession

Originally posted by yeahright
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

You might consider checking into the concept of Adverse Possession for a concise explanation including justification for the principle.

Excerpt-

Adverse possession exists to cure potential or actual defects in real estate titles by putting a statute of limitations on possible litigation over ownership and possession.

Because of the doctrine of adverse possession, a landowner can be secure in title to his land. Otherwise, long-lost heirs of any former owner, possessor or lien holder of centuries past could come forward with a legal claim on the property. The doctrine of adverse possession prevents this.

This means the law may be used to reward a person who possesses the land of another for a requisite period of time. Failure of a landowner to exercise and defend his property rights for a certain period may result in the permanent loss of the landowner's interest in the property.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

see it's already justified by being codified in law
so stop with the pseudo-moral justifications/outrage when the system's teat can't be milked in your favor

i told you already:

real estate is obtained and kept by violence
and also lost.

seems to me, you're looking to the big bad state to employ violence in Your favor. :shk:

because you're to weak to defend or reclaim your property
or afraid of history rhyming, but not in your favor.

toodles.

edit on 30-10-2012 by DerepentLEstranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   

You're right I was wrong.

I just don't see the relevance of the plight of the native american or the mistreatment of slaves in relation to the occupy movement.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Why not just.....

A. get a job.
B. contribute to established society.
C. stop stealing from hard working people.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Maybe there are some bad seeds who infiltrate these 'protests'. Why isn't the majority able to stop them? Is it because they don't want to stop the violence?

I'm saying if you have thousands of peaceful protesters how can a few people cause so much chaos?

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
it has none. but the below reply was disturbing on a social level nonetheless.

Yeah, yeah, yeah ..........we took the land from the natives. boo hoo. That is such a lame argument I usually don't even respond to such nonsense. We had slaves too, so what. I'm talking about current events.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Sorry.( jeesh. )

How many times to I have to apologize you sound just like one of those whiny native americans.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   

easily.

people tend to be led.

no, they do not want to quell the violence.

the violence is nothing more than a means to an end. make occupy appear violent and agressive, make their cause seem moot.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   

you sound just like one of those whiny native americans.

maybe i am.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Uh oh!

This sounds like I may have to create a brand new thread.

(joking)

I almost got my ass kicked once over that deal. There was a whole tribe and they were gonna get me.

Luckily I'm fast!

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   

end.
edit on 30-10-2012 by CagliostroTheGreat because: add

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Why not just.....

A. get a job.

ahhhh
it's a**uming we are now?

A. don't need a job, i run my own business. and keep the entire fruits of my labor

B: naw i'm an advocate of the destruction of the state and society, see my profile

C: slaves have no right to complain, nor do they own anything to be stolen, as has been pointed out already everything belongs to the state [except for my stuff, of course, going galt for nearly 3 years now]

if you believe in the state it's you who are stealing from hard working people.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   

and keep the entire fruits of my labor

I'm telling.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Why not just.....

A. get a job.

MMkay.

Nearly half of those participating in the Occupy movement were and are full-time workers. Only about 12 percent answered the polling as being unemployed, right about at the same rate as the rest of the country. Nearly two-thirds are college graduates, and about a third of respondents earn $50,000 a year or more. I'll provide my source if you like.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   

They are not occupiers they are colonists. They are colonizing your house and in a little while they are going to kill you and seek independence from anyone who might ask them to give the house back. It's the way a dog eat dog world is run. You are on top - you win, any lower...prepared to get stepped on. We are so advanced as a species. The proof is right in front of us.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Sorry.( jeesh. )

How many times to I have to apologize you sound just like one of those whiny native americans.

I would venture into what you sound like but I have already had a couple of posts removed today. I won't get into ethnicity since clearly you are American being in the Cavalry and all. I guess this is what we are to presume from the information you are fronting but still I am wondering - Where do you get off making this about the OCCUPY protestors? I don't think you are going to be grateful or understand when people say one thing has little to do with the other. And I was also trying to figure out how can someone be a "tree humper" and also live in the house? Who was picking the berries? They sound like possibly the tree humper to me. Are they occupying your yard? I think you are trying to describe something like eminent domain where who ever lives in the place has some protections from those who would kick them out. It's good though because if the shoe were ever on the other foot and someone was trying illegally and without notice to evict you - you'd see the beauty of these seemingly unnecessary rights.

edit on 30-10-2012 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join