It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dirty hippie tree humpers. (aka "Occupy")

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by cavalryscout

I've seen plenty of videos. Oakland seems to come to mind.

Well that clears it up, you're obviously an expert on all things occupy, as clearly stated by your inability to distinguish between a group of people exercising their PROTECTED right to assemble and protest with homeless people who squat on others land.

But yeah, you go ahead and enjoy your spoon fed opinion.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by UnaChispa
You're right, it isn't fair. But no one owns their own land or house. The banks and state own everything. Don't believe me? Try not making any mortgage payment or property tax; see how long it takes the "land lords" to claim their property.

This is why stuff like this can happen. I feel your pain. I've experienced something similar.

Private property is the root of most of our sufferings - imagine a world without it - a world to didn't have to be afraid all the time - yeah - it sounds good.

Stewardship not Ownership.

Don't Anrachists say - Ownership is Thieft?

The American Indians and other native (perhaps left-behinds of earlier advanced civilizations, i.e. Atlantis) populations don't have private property per se. Do you suppose this is something they learned through experience?

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by cavalryscout
reply to post by Anundeniabletruth

Taken from me? Nothing. They couldn't. They know better even through the smoke they can see it would be a very bad idea.

So they've taken nothing from you and basically done nothing to you, yet your words lead one to believe that you have a very strong hatred for them. What exactly is your rational reasoning for having a problem with people of whom you've never met the majority of and do not know? Having not communicated with these people in person, it is impossible that you can have a fair and unbiased understanding of the vast majority of them. The only thing you can really "know" about the people you seem to dislike so much is that which you either read, see on television, or hear on the radio, and as far as any credibility is concerned, many of such sources have none, just try using them as a "source" for any professional "assignment" and see how far it gets you.

You come here and speak ill of an entire group while claiming they are guilty of something that human beings have being doing throughout history, yet offer no "proof" to support your claim and then basically say that you have no good reason for disliking the group. How does that make you any better than those who you have this problem with? You believe you work harder than the group. Really? You've not done a very good job at proving such an opinion by coming here and bickering and tossing insults which possess no solid ground to support them. No offense but my seven year old child has offered stronger support for his arguments than what you have today, which leads me to believe that you probably don't work much harder than the people you claim are so lazy. If I'm incorrect in that assumption maybe you could at least explain why the people you dislike are as bad as you claim they are and bring solid evidence to the table that supports that they are all lazier than you.

With that being said I would just like to point out that I am not one of those people before I hurt any feelings. I have children, school, and money to earn so I certainly do not have time to go to many events, let alone events that I wouldn't consider to be enjoyable. I just felt a need to comment on what, to me, seemed to be someone spewing ill-informed hypocritical hate for no real reason.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ApolloBloodline

You obviously know very little about the occupy movement. It isn't about a bunch of squatters whining about what they aren't getting. It is, and always has been, about the influence that big banks and corporations have in politics and policy making that allows them to gain large amounts of wealth at the expense of a nations people. It doesn't detail those that have worked hard to obtain their own money.

Whoever told you otherwise is completely wrong and there are large amounts of people going to these occupations without knowing what they are about. This isn't about a bunch of dirty jobless hippies who just want to whine and moan, this is about hard working americans that put their nose to the grind for near nothing while a small percentage of individuals who know how to pull the strings through special interest groups and lobbyist tactics do hardly nothing and gain more than their fair share. This is about those small few that reap what other people sow.

edit on 30-10-2012 by ApolloBloodline because: verbiage modification

Thank you.

That is a very well written interpretation of events.

Here is what I see...

I see a lot of people who accepted loans from banks that they couldn't afford. A lot of people living a lifestyle they couldn't afford. Many of those people lost their jobs and couldn't make the mortgage payment. Now thay want to blame the banks.

edit on 30-10-2012 by cavalryscout because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   

The ones you see on TV are hand picked to make them all look like dirty hippies. Most of them do have jobs. Most of them have families they have to take care of. They take time off of work to fight for your rights, to peacefully fight against the illegal seizures of property by corrupt banker who lent out money to people they knew won't be able to pay it back. To peacefully fight against amendment to the constitution that are taking your rights away one by one. The scope of the situation is so vast you can't really put it in a simple manifesto. I don't have any hostility towards you. I'm just trying to help you take away the wool that's been pulled over your eyes. Stop watching FOX and CNN. Go to at least Russia Today or any news source that isn't tied to the conglomerate and it will help you to stray away from the herd.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by ApolloBloodline

You obviously know very little about the occupy movement. It isn't about a bunch of squatters whining about what they aren't getting. It is, and always has been, about the influence that big banks and corporations have in politics and policy making that allows them to gain large amounts of wealth at the expense of a nations people. It doesn't detail those that have worked hard to obtain their own money.

Whoever told you otherwise is completely wrong and there are large amounts of people going to these occupations without knowing what they are about. This isn't about a bunch of dirty jobless hippies who just want to whine and moan, this is about hard working americans that put their nose to the grind for near nothing while a small percentage of individuals who know how to pull the strings through special interest groups and lobbyist tactics do hardly nothing and gain more than their fair share. This is about those small few that reap what other people sow.

edit on 30-10-2012 by ApolloBloodline because: verbiage modification

Thank you.

That is a very well written interpretation of events.

Here is what I see...

I see a lot of people who accepted loans from banks that they couldn't afford. A lot of people living a lifestyle they couldn't afford. Many of those people lost their jobs and couldn't make the mortgage payment. Now thay want to blame the banks.

I agree that we have a large majority of people who have borrowed money that they could not afford to borrow but those banks are just as guilty because they try very hard to convince someone to borrow the money, often times using any kind of manipulation techniques they believe might work. We very well might not have had this problem if the banks weren't just as greedy as the people living lifestyles they couldn't afford and didn't push loans the people obviously wouldn't be able to afford. Now I'm not blaming individual tellers or anything like that because they're just poorly paid employees who have no real say but the majority of the fault should and does lay with the banks as a whole. Big banks and corporations are why average Americans are struggling so much today and why many of them are arguing with each other so much lately.
edit on 30-10-2012 by Anundeniabletruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Nice people.....

colorlines.com...

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   

I'm not falling for that.

If you're taking out a $250,000 loan you need to do your homework.

I know the banks are crooks. Come on that's not a very good excuse. Nobody had a problem with the banks until they wanted their money back.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Nice people.....

colorlines.com...

Once more, you show us only what you have been shown. Nothing of which you have witnessed personally. How do you know this is not exactly what the people who are screwing all of us wanted? You seem to blame the small guy protesting on the streets but what proof do you have that this all hasn't been orchestrated by the very groups they are supposedly protesting against? To me this seems like a great way to turn the people against one another...

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   

I'm not falling for that.

If you're taking out a $250,000 loan you need to do your homework.

I know the banks are crooks. Come on that's not a very good excuse. Nobody had a problem with the banks until they wanted their money back.

People do not tend to be very smart. You tempt someone with money and see if they don't take the bait, most will. However, we as a nation do not need to have over half of our people owing ridiculous amounts of money that they do not have to groups who have been screwing all of us over for as long as they have been around. Those banks knew what they were doing and they knew very well that the people would not be able to pay them back, yet they still did everything in their power to convince them to take the loans. If the banks had not worked so hard to push loans on people and instead refused to give people loans that they wouldn't be able to pay back then we probably would have never even had the problem get as big as it did. So yes, I do blame the banks because it is their fault and the ironic part is they screwed American's with their own money. Basic economics here...

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   

You'll love this. Check this out.

And the police themselves admitted to it after being exposed. What makes you think it's any different anywhere else

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Okay lets say it's 50 / 50 banks and borrowers fault.

How exactly are the banks benefiting by making loans they knew wouldn't be repaid? This isn't the first time I've heard this argument but it's another thing that doesn't make any sense.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by XLR8R

Maybe....I'm sure it happens but not all of those people in Oakland were police.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Then another person comes along and decides to “occupy” the land and the house. Now this is where I get confused. The second person didn’t buy the land or house. They weren’t gifted the land or house. But for some reason they feel it is their right to take the land and house.

It’s like if I leave my car parked somewhere. It’s still my car even though it’s parked. You can’t take it.

I don’t understand what makes a person feel it is okay to steal another person’s home?

funny how all that moralizing did not occur to the settlers when they took the land from the natives.
nope just the usual double standard.

then their are the superstitions savages who'll claim that as said natives did not have a special piece of paper called a title that the land didn't belong to them in the 1st place. even more shameless BSers will claim the natives did not claim ownership of the land,or beleive in such superstitions, as their excuse/justification.

get a clue,
Real Estate is firmly grounded on VIOLENCE.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

Yeah, yeah, yeah ..........we took the land from the natives. boo hoo. That is such a lame argument I usually don't even respond to such nonsense. We had slaves too, so what. I'm talking about current events.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Dirty hippie tree humpers. (aka "Occupy")

Racist redneck Jesus humpers. (aka "Tea Party")

The above is just an example of something I would never say to a Tea Party member because I have some decency and respect for human beings. Unlike some. I can't even read your opening post because it's introduced with such stupid hate.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   

dude.

people riot over effin' BASEBALL games.

you act like occupy is the first group of loosely organized people to riot.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

fair enough.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I vote to stop feeding the troll. Sorry but you don't seem to want to look at things with objectivity. You already have your mind made up and don't show ant openness.

Peace.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by CagliostroTheGreat

No. i never said they were the only group to riot and I didn't mean to imply such a thing.

It's just an example of the Occupy "peceful protest".

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join