It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are voters still picking leader of free world?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
It seems to many of us that it's already too late. The decision has been made, and we "voters" are only being petted into thinking we make a difference.

The whole world is watching this election!!!! And I think it's important to point that out. Whoever has been "predetermined" by those elusive PTB, the opinion of the world at large still matters. It's a good gauge of the climate in American (and the world), that Obama is still supported.

Found this earlier today:

Are voters still picking leader of free world?

An editorial, yes, but the author says:

There was a time, not very long ago, when it seemed as if each of the world's major problems and every potential solution pivoted around the United States. The president of the United States was referred to as the leader of the free world, and the term was not used with irony or mockery.

No one today would, or should, use that musty old expression, which dates back to the Cold War. For one thing, it's not even clear precisely what the free world is. Still, it's worth pondering whether if in the next election, American voters will crown the most powerful man in the world, the man who will lead the world's democracies and inspire those who aspire to freedom. In short:

Does America, and the American president, still matter that much to the rest of the planet?

That's the beginning premise (question), and it's a valid one.
Here is HER EXPERT OPINION:

The world watches America's top politicians. It gets to know them, and everyone has an opinion.....
Early this year, the international consensus was against Obama. Just 46% wanted him re-elected, according to Gallup's March poll. His approval rating collapsed, particularly in Arab countries, scraping the bottom in Egypt at just 19%.

But NOW>>>>>>>>

As the alternative emerged, views changed. Now that they see it's Obama or Romney, the world says give us Obama. I'll leave the explanation of that reaction for another day.

I want to applaud our fellow Earth-dwellers on ATS who are not able to vote. Thank you for caring, for paying attention.
One point made in the article linked above is that it might be a good idea for EVERYONE ON THE PLANET to have a say in this election, BECAUSE:

The United States has undoubtedly lost a great deal of the influence it once had.

It doesn't always have the ability or the inclination to shape events.

Power is more widely divided, but still today nobody has more of it.

And that power is not just measured in money or guns.

It is still measured in ideas and values. That's why polls show so many people still look to the United States and say they want America to hold on to its position of global leadership.

The entire world is paying attention to the American election, because the president of the United States, whoever he (yes, still he) is, remains the most powerful and influential human being on Earth.

The whole world sees that Romney is a perfect specimen of THE PROBLEM. Please, let's stay the course of closing the divide between HAVE EVERYTHING'S and HAVE NOTHINGS.
Please.

edit on 30-10-2012 by wildtimes because: COLOR ACTIVATION!

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
You dont have to thank us. We are afraid of you. Thats why we pay attention. America affects us all.

Romney is worse than Obama because Republicans are war mongers. But we hate Obama too because he is also a war monger. But the Republicans are always worse than Democrats.

Soon we wont have to pay attention because America is running out of people to fund their incredible debt.

Could you guys stop the whole quantitative easing by the way? WTH?

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by GaiusMarius

I hope so. Unfortunately, I have no say in the matter.

Just so you know, Americans are afraid, too!! Thanks for your input. If I had my way, all of our troops would come home and leave the "policing" of the world to localities. Commerce would be domestic, as well. Things are spiraled into the stratosphere now, and it frightens LOTS OF PEOPLE. Including Americans.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes
It seems to many of us that it's already too late. The decision has been made, and we "voters" are only being petted into thinking we make a difference.

That's the way I see it!

We really don't even know who the real power brokers are. They are a shadowy cabal of people with the proper lineage, money and influence, so far beyond the average mans comprehension, it ain't even funny. They don't crave recognition or notoriety. They are comfortable in simply knowing "the truth"..............

I think this article is almost correct.

www.veteranstoday.com...

Notice how being a democrat or republican doesn't really matter but being a neocon does?
edit on 30-10-2012 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   

One point made in the article linked above is that it might be a good idea for EVERYONE ON THE PLANET to have a say in this election

No, the world should not participate in determining the next President.

Even though one could say global interest play a part in determining the next President of the United States, the global population should not be apart of the process.

Even as a Canadian, i dont not feel that i have any duty or right to determine the next president of the US, regardless of how similar or dis-similar our countries are. That being said, I presume you can figure out my opinion of the prospect of the rest of the world participating.

It is true that the US is a central figure on our planet, but so is China and Russia. There policies influence the global stage as well. Grant it, in some cases its not as obvious as the US, but they do play a major role in geo-politics.

What you are suggesting in my eyes, is the beginning stage of adopting a One World Government mentality, that government being the "One". If you agree with this or not is for a different discussion.

To conclude, I would say Americans still determine their leaders, however, the extent to which they are influenced, manipulated, lied to and down right cheated, is up for debate
edit on 30-10-2012 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   

You dont have to thank us. We are afraid of you. Thats why we pay attention. America affects us all.

Yep. We are afraid of the USA. Canadian in particular are afraid. The two countries are tied so closely together that the fate of USA dictates the fate of Canada. I (for one) don't like the fact that I must watch everything that happens in America with a close eye and wonder what implications it may have for my country...

And yes, GaiusMarius, They REALLY need to stop the Quantitative Easing. But that is not the choice of the people, or even the POTUS, but of the demons behind it all.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

I think America will pull through in the end to be honest.

There is alot of great people in America and you will find solutions. And I think the world will help if America ever needs it.

edit- I dont see America being superpower for much longer though. Is there really anything wrong with that? America taking a lesser role would be good for America and good for the rest of us in my opinion.

edit on 30-10-2012 by GaiusMarius because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by TheSparrowSings

Yeah, and the demons arent all American, thats for sure. America is somewhat of a scapegoat really.

Damn Banksters.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
They should let the whole world join in on the voting process. It wont matter anyway lol. That way the world can see how votes dont change things and that they shouldnt judge americans based on their elected liars.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by GaiusMarius

Romney is worse than Obama because Republicans are war mongers. But we hate Obama too because he is also a war monger. But the Republicans are always worse than Democrats.

Soon we wont have to pay attention because America is running out of people to fund their incredible debt.

why would bernanki stop that, it's working so well for the IMF.

seriously they're all dirty rotten lying bastards which have no borders or morals to be found, we're all in this together and TPB don't care about our fate.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   

There is alot of great people in America and you will find solutions. And I think the world will help if America ever needs it.

edit- I dont see America being superpower for much longer though. Is there really anything wrong with that? America taking a lesser role would be good for America and good for the rest of us in my opinion.

I don't see it for much longer, either, and in my opinion, it would be good.

We need to get our own house in order before we have any business "coaching" others...and our own house is a MESS! Thanks again, Gaius.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by LittleBlackEagle

We are all in it together arent we?

And nice burn on the IMF. Talk about a bunch of demons. And the American taxpayers are the poor victims that have their tax stolen to fund this stuff. Americans throw in more for the IMF, UN, NATO...... They bankers are robbing America blind. And what do Americans get out of it? Bugger all as far as I can tell.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by MDDoxs

What you are suggesting in my eyes, is the beginning stage of adopting a One World Government mentality, that government being the "One". If you agree with this or not is for a different discussion.

I think America needs to realize it is under the microscope, and start behaving with maturity and dignity. I'm not a big fan of government, and I don't think we can escape the "globalization" that has already begun. But, I thought the author had some good points. If the USA has more military might, and has other countries cowering, that is NOT GOOD.

If anything, a central, global government should be sort of like the United Nations, but include ALL the nations, not just "some", like a clique.

Unfortunately, the world does seem to be headed that way. I wish it weren't. I'd prefer local commerce and oversight. Not "global". I don't think any "centralized" organization can effectively look after more than about 1 million at a time (and that's being generous).
But, thanks for your input!

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by GaiusMarius
reply to post by LittleBlackEagle

We are all in it together arent we?

And nice burn on the IMF. Talk about a bunch of demons. And the American taxpayers are the poor victims that have their tax stolen to fund this stuff. Americans throw in more for the IMF, UN, NATO...... They bankers are robbing America blind. And what do Americans get out of it? Bugger all as far as I can tell.

yeah the world banks are just that, world banks. the same criminals that operate within the IMF operate within the federal reserve and so many other shady organizations.

an example of complete and utter discernment for human beings and basically most of the world population, can be summed up in one tiny little piece of economical information from the IMF and EU.

for a bailout to occur in Spain many of the EU members are forced to help pay for the bailout, seems all well and above board right, until you realize Italy and other countries in despair, are required to borrow the money at 6% interest from the IMF and loan it to Spain at 3% interest. hows that for an old style bend over eh.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   

They bankers are robbing America blind. And what do Americans get out of it? Bugger all as far as I can tell.

You got that right!!! That's why we are angry, and that's ALSO why we are afraid. The thing is that the "bankers" know NO BOUNDARIES. "Bankers Without Boundaries"...and if they have their way, the entire world will be living in slums equivalent to developing countries....FOR NOW, even the poor in America are cared for 100 times better than the poor in shanty towns found all over the globe....

do an image search for "slums" and see what the REALLY horrible conditions are. My hope is that no one will have to live like that anymore. If we let the bankers keep control, we will ALL have to live like that. That's what makes me angry.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

They are a shadowy cabal of people with the proper lineage, money and influence, so far beyond the average mans comprehension, it ain't even funny.

Exactly. And conversely, they have NO CLUE what it is to live like the average person. It is beyond their comprehension. To them, it's nothing but a dalliance like a game of "Risk."

For that reason, I think the POTUS should be someone who has LIVED an average American's life. Not some spoiled heir to a fortune who is only bent on making MORE MONEY!! MORE MORE MORE!!!!

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   

NOPE.

NOPE

AND

NOPE.

The satanic/ Marxist/ globalist oligarchy has chosen the President for decades.

Their sophisticated propaganda machines plus their vote buying; dead voters; vote rigging and jiggered vote counting have insured whatever results they wanted.

It appears they have chosen to flush the Super Narcissist, horrific ATTACHMENT DISORDERED, pathological liar, Marxist, Kenyan, Muslim, demonized, gleeful destroyer in chief.

I don't know why. He's merely done what they ordered him to.

His rank brazen murderous traitorousness in deliberately killing those in Benghazi who were onto his gun-running shoulder fired missles and other major arms TO THE MUSLIM BROTHERHOOD sworn to destroy us . . . is merely the latest of his horrific treasons against our Constitution, our founding values; our structure and fabric of our society . . .

Perhaps he was destroying too much too fast too gleefully and they fear he'd have the people in the streets in staves and pitchforks before they were quite ready for them.

Perhaps, as reported right after his inauguration--they gave him his orders in a sealed manila envelope and he collapsed in a chair muttering that they'd made him a "scapegoat." I figured they would before he was installed. Just seemed that he was chosen, reared, trained, assigned and commissioned for just that kind of a role.

I just don't get why they are doing it at this time.

Sure, Romney will march to their orders, too.

However, to whatever degree a President has any discretionary decision making powers at all, I'd enormously rather have puppet Romney in the WH than puppet gleeful hatefilled Destroyer narcissist OB.

Obama seems to have a blood lust eagerness to destroy this country and all it stands for. That and his rank Olympic class meanness and chronic pathological lying narcissism were far too much to take after a couple of microseconds.

Let him retire to his $38 million beach side estate in Hawaii gifted to him from his bosses? Just please get him off the world stage and away from any power to influence more than the type toilet paper he uses, Please.

He's been plenty outrageously DESTRUCTIVE TO THE MAX already.

Yeah, so Romney will be yet another globalist . . . as though we had a choice about that.

We don't.

Prayer alone will do more than votes and activism and anything else at this late stage rushing toward Armageddon.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

Prayer alone will do more than votes and activism and anything else at this late stage rushing toward Armageddon.

I agree with your points about a cabal being in charge.

The rest of it? Sorry.
It has nothing to do with religion or satan.
Star for participation. We are not headed for Armageddon. Life will go on, and people will still be living in slums and hungry and dying of disease. Prayer is a fine and noble effort. Activism will do more.
YEP
YEP
and YEP.
edit on 30-10-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   

You might find it interesting to research the impact of prayer on various situations in WWII . . .

e.g. the platoon . . . a member of which convinced his other platoon members and leaders to pray and get their families to pray the 91st Psalm daily for the whole of their war experience.

IIRC, EVERY LAST MEMBER CAME BACK FROM THE WAR without any injuries with serious lasting effects.

Politics, activism on the human level will not greatly bother vastly superior demonic and fallen angel forces.

Nor will fantasies.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by BO XIAN
. a member of which convinced his other platoon members and leaders to pray and get their families to pray the 91st Psalm daily for the whole of their war experience.

IIRC, EVERY LAST MEMBER CAME BACK FROM THE WAR
Nice Story.
What if the German Troops were praying to God as well?
Please Respond, I enjoy talking to Self Righteous Folk.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join