It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poll: 18% of Americans think Obama is Jewish

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Poll: 18% of Americans think Obama is Jewish

Eighteen percent of Americans inexplicably think that President Barack Obama is Jewish, according to a new poll.

A survey commissioned by the Associated Press and conducted by GfK asked respondents to identify Obama’s religion from a list of possibilities. Thirty five percent said Obama had no religion, 28 percent correctly identified Obama as a protestant Christian, another 28 percent declined to answer, 18 percent said he was Jewish, 10 percent said he was Muslim and five percent said he was Catholic.

Source: DailyCaller

I know, I know.
I know what all y'all (plural for y'all) are thinking,
NOT ANOTHER FREAKIN' POLL!

Oh well, I'll bite.

According to the poll, "28 percent correctly identified Obama as a protestant Christian"

At the same time I can understand why some would think he is Muslim (10%), and why others would think he is Catholic (5%), probably the same people that think There's No One As Irish As Barack O'Bama.

But the 18% that think he is Jewish plus the 28% that declined to answer equals to 46%,
...and 46% almost equals 47%.

All I can say is, I'm not surprised.

edit on 30-10-2012 by Alxandro because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-10-2012 by Alxandro because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
He is, sort of. He is one of the bloodline families, related to the House Of WIndsor. That is a Jewish bloodline. Sumar one.
edit on 30-10-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

Actually, what I was thinking is that 90% of Americans can't even spell properly, and we're asking them their opinion on the President's religion?

One, it's not relevant. A Jewish man is just as capable of handling a country as, say, a Mormon.

Two, they are IDIOTS. They are likely to jump to assumptions just because they want to blame someone for what's going wrong. We're all about pointing fingers and naming names because we want to find the problem, lay it out on a stretcher, and bring the solution strutting in. And if we can blame someone, we feel that much closer to a solution.

Those polls are absolute fecal matter. They're about as reliable as the Electorial College.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
And that 18% of the population is mentally deficient. As a sidebar question. By what means are you correlating the 28% that declined to answer with the 18% who think he is Jewish? What does one have to do with the other? To be honest I probably would have declined to answer such a stupid question myself, seeing how it is completely irrelevant to the current state of the U.S.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
When is American stupidity news? I see it every day on ATS and every day here in good ol' Georgia.

I need to move, with a quickness.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Reminds me of a funny skit where Americans did not know the countries bordering the US.

However, I will add that there has been a lot of confusion about Obama's past, including his religious heritage. But Judaism seems to be pretty far off the mark.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
dbl post

edit on 30-10-2012 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   

It's 2012, and people still think religion matters when it comes to getting the job done.

Some spout that the constitution says there should be a separation of church and state when it comes to politics. That is not true.

www.usconstitution.net...

The Separation Of Church and State The phrase "separation of church and state" does not appear anywhere in the Constitution. Thomas Jefferson wrote that the 1st Amendment erected a "wall of separation" between the church and the state (James Madison said it "drew a line," but it is Jefferson's term that sticks with us today). The phrase is commonly thought to mean that the government should not establish, support, or otherwise involve itself in any religion. The Religion Topic Page addresses this issue in much greater detail. Thanks to Pat Roche for the idea.

All I have to say is "buyer beware." It's perfectly okay for a sitting president to inflict their religious beliefs upon the masses.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
nevermind.
edit on 30-10-2012 by cavalryscout because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitruvian
signature: GD21D

Lady Justice Has Been Raped ?

Whores don't get raped. They participate - willingly! Don't you remember when she was seen consorting with the likes of Michael Mukasey, Michael Chertoff and Alvin Hellerstein for a 9/11 "threesome."
edit on 30-10-2012 by Vitruvian because: txt

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Ok, I'm not comparing one with the other. Be very clear on that. But lots of people didn't know Hitler was Jewish. Who knows...better yet who cares what Obama is. He's gonna do what he's gonna do regardless.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
You need to be careful with these polls. They can be easily manipulated. 56% of people surveyed agree.

Seriously, this 'Jewish Obama' poll doesn't surprise me. The citizenry is semi-conscious at best.
While I was sitting in the doctor's waiting room once, some guy sitting there tried to enlighten me on the "real Obama".
A TV was playing the news, so that was his cue to strike up a conversation. The guy said:
"Y'know..Obama really isn't black or white. Someone found a document from when he was in school. His race is 'Moslem'. So that's the real truth. He's Moslem."
edit on 30-10-2012 by ColeYounger because: clarification?

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
poll reflex: 18% of americans are dumb.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
And...

What's the ATS % that will take this poll as an opportunity to take cheap jabs at "Stereotypical 'Merikans" Y'all?

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I'm a full-blooded American and I took the opportunity to make a very valid point that basically rendered OP's point inconsequential. And yes, I did degrade the general population of America. Not because it's their fault, but because it just is, regardless of who engineered it. Problem?
edit on 30-10-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Another fake, distraction ..

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by LeoStarchild

Who cares if he is Muslim? If he is capable of fixing this country and you won't let him because he doesn't meet your spiritual standards, you are ALL idiots.

I certainly won't turn down help just because my rescuer wipes with his left hand and not his right.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by LeoStarchild

Who cares if he is Muslim? If he is capable of fixing this country and you won't let him because he doesn't meet your spiritual standards, you are ALL idiots.

I certainly won't turn down help just because my rescuer wipes with his left hand and not his right.

Try to stay on topic.. he is not jewish .. and no he is not, nor was he ever qualified to fix the mess we are in.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
LOL.....and how was this poll administered? As a sidebar on some website? How many people put in something goofy just for the heck of it?

The article states that an earlier poll had zero percent indicate that Obama was Jewish. The aggregate IQ of a population doesn't change that much in a few years, so I think this was an online thing, and a great many people were just picking the most off-the-wall thing they could think of.

It's good for a laugh, though.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join