It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vatican Library

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 12:45 AM
link   
I envy Jupiter869 having been allowed in to see some of the Vatican's priceless collection of texts, and have spoken with one other person who also got to spend some time there. He told me that there are many unique and ancient texts housed there. I wonder how much historical information they hold that would alter our current view of the past? Of course, I can see little chance of them making their private library available to outside researchers, or they would have done so already. Someday.....I hope they do so.
As for the suggestion that they have the Holy Grail......although that is a reasonable thought, imho it is not possible for many reasons. The main one being that according to all I have read, throughout the centuries, the protectors of the Holy Grail have apparently spent almost all their energies keeping it out of the hands of the RCC.
I know too little about the Ark of the Covenant to comment on whether it still exists, or is housed there. My guess is that it is not there either.
But I feel that there are numerous literary treasures there that have long been considered lost forever. Of course that is just total speculation.....

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 01:06 AM
link   
I have a feeling that any texts that are in there, if it was sealed in 1215, would probably crumble to dust as soon as they were touched, unless, somehow, they were able to make the entire chamber airtight as well. As far as other treasures contained within, we can really only speculate as to what may be there. I suppose we'll all find out in 2010.

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 01:08 AM
link   
my guess would be some of the "occult "libraries that have disappeared over the years.

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Wasn't Pope Innocent III the same oen that changed and supposedly hid the true sacrement from the public? I mention this in this thread, if anyone is knowlegable, please take a look at this thread and see if you think it is related...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 01:38 AM
link   
This is really just a stab in the dark, but if this library exists could it just be sensitive political info or such things which needed to be dragged out as documentation of some claim later, but at the time would have been too sensitive or hotly contested?
For example, in 1215 Otto IV of the Holy Roman Empire (Germany) was deposed, having previous been supported by pope Innocent III but lost that support after conducting military campaigns in Italy. Then in January of 1216 Pope Innocent III died.
What if there had been some political intrigue to that situation and the church had decided to conveniently seal access to certain records until for a very long time until they could be produced without inflaming political controversy? The Vatican libraries may be closed to you and me, but with the church having been a political entity in the past it might have been that there were things that couldn't even be known internally. Perhaps it would have had implications for the selection of future popes or for the Church's dealing with other kingdoms, etc?

Just a stab in the dark- for some reason it reminded me of the FOIA- where they wait a few decades then release editted documents that nobody even cares about anymore.

pao

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 04:21 AM
link   
why'd they pick 2010??

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by SomewhereinBetween
I know it is a museum and all, but isn't the place supposed to be Holy and the God of their dreams against idolatry?

Should they destroy all statues in all of italy next? Perhaps make like muslims and not produce paintings of people also?

They're artifacts that thankfully the vatican has been able to preserve from those sackings of rome, not idols.

echtelion
Instead of burning everything that annoys them, they keep it safely concealed.

Wouldn't possesing the holy grail be somethign that the church would advertise? Like, 'become a catholic, come to the vatican and go to communion to drink from the holy grail itself'?

I just hope that whatever there is inside that secret library,

It has not been established that there is in fact a secret library thats been boarded up since 1215

namehere
so who knows what they have.

Indeed they did and indeed, who knows what they have. But a library thats been sealed up since 1215? And based on a mention in what exactly, some internet blog?

sourgrapes
Perhaps it has to do with the second coming of Christ and judgment day for men/women?

The cathars are gnostics and the manichees are sort of like persian dualists, good versus evil, light versus darkness, the eternal struggle and what not, not specifically the 2nd comming and all that. They'll say things like humanity has a heavenly aspect, because they are made up of shards of light that have been broken up and mixed in with vile repugnant sinful matter, and that death is the falling away of the matter and the purification of light and all that.

dancer
There have been stories (and books) about The Secret archives of the Vatican

No one disputes that the vatican in its long history has built up a stunning collection of books and artifacts. It itself is an artifact now. And, surely, their collections aren't open to the general public, indeed, why should they be? These are precious documents, fragile and the like. The vatican allows researchers, and maintains its own corpus of researcher-preists, for lots of these things. Thats quite a bit different from a walled up secret library that they won't even admit exists.

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Maybe in 2010 there is the God return and what is being hide in this secret library is Satan and in 2010 there will be the last battle between Good and Evil.

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 01:35 PM
link   
i whoudl not mind haveing one thats for sure maybe in 2010 it will spell are doom mayeb all the wonders of a so called ( god) eisxt in that room and will come spilling out to destory the world?

or it choudl have the foutain of youth in there????

[edit on 11-3-2005 by Vash]

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vash

or it choudl have the foutain of youth in there????

[edit on 11-3-2005 by Vash]

If it were the 'fountain of youth', I'm sure the Pope would have bathed in it by now.

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 01:39 PM
link   
i dont knwo the pope is so old he probley used all the water up and now is cursing him self for not sythnitcaly makeing it back up again

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANT

Originally posted by theRiverGoddess
I have heard/read this before........I wonder IF it is true?

I saw it in the movie Hudson Hawk. It must be.

Ha!...I thought I was the only one who has seen that movie

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by mpeake

Originally posted by RANT
I saw it in the movie Hudson Hawk. It must be.

Ha!...I thought I was the only one who has seen that movie

I think you and rant were the only ones to see it! Didn't do too well as I recall!

Aint it funny how Bruno has more hair now in the movies than back then?!

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Hudson Hawk is such a great movie, and highly under rated.

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by bilgerat
Hudson Hawk is such a great movie, and highly under rated.

That has been one of my favorite movies for years. Good acting and plenty of laughs. Too bad they no longer make movies like that.

posted on Mar, 11 2005 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by NygdanShould they destroy all statues in all of italy next? Perhaps make like muslims and not produce paintings of people also?
Only if you think all of Italy is supposed to be holy. maybe you do, for that analogy was certainly insipid.

They're artifacts that thankfully the vatican has been able to preserve from those sackings of rome, not idols.
Once more, as long as they are no longer worshipped they are not idols, that is your position, correct? These very idols are what you call graven images, ring a bell nygdan? Yet they represent Gods worshipped contrary to that first commandment, isn't that so nygdan? Can anyone state that the various sacrifices and rituals were not done in front of those very idols? No. But we can be sure they were erected to commemorate the gods of Egypt.

You believe what you wish, as far as I am concerned the Vatican city which claims itself the defender of the faith has not defended the first commandment of this faith. And for your information, they are artifacts that were removed from Egypt by Roman conquerors which had nothing to do with preservation. Constantine was so enthralled, why he had his wife depicted as an Egyptian goddess. Guess where that statue resides?

It has not been established that there is in fact a secret library thats been boarded up since 1215
Nor has it been established there is not one. Nor has it been established that all they have is disclosed. Does your government keep secrets from you, secrets that you will never learn?

[edit on 3/11/05 by SomewhereinBetween]

posted on Mar, 12 2005 @ 03:21 AM
link   
maybe the rough draft of the Magna Carta was what they wanted out of sight....that was 1215 I think. Or maybe it was something to do with the Mongol invaders being paid off to spare them, or something about Marco Polo being sent on his eastward adventure....or maybe it is a collection of the loot they got when they sacked Byzantium a decade earlier. Well, I mean the loot that Milan and Genoa, etc. didn't keep.

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 11:51 AM
link   
This reminds of something I heard about years ago...A place called the White Room, blue Room ( some colour anyway) contained in the Vatican that supposedly contains a message from God....I can't seem to find any evidence for it but I'll keep digging.

I always wondered about the whole Ark of the Covenant and Holy grail thing...it seems that if these artifacts did exist they seem to be everywhere but the one place you'd expect them to be....In the Vatican itself!

Lest we forget that it is within a religions interest to hide and supress anything that disagrees with their version of history and just as the American Government hides and supresses information the once all powerful Vatican I'm sure did something similar.

Just as an aside becuase somewhere mentioned Time Machine...whenever I get asked where would I go back to the answer is always the sunny hill of Golgotha...Just to know for sure.

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 03:09 PM
link   
hehe, i remember reading a few years ago that the catacombs of the vatican do indeed have interesting anchient writings. The writer actually went far as to day that evil spirits and demons were trapped down there. I did rememeber something about a time machine, i don't believe it. A time machine under the sphinx is more plausible.

posted on Mar, 13 2005 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by ASAManifesto
I found this quote on the internet:

"The Vatican has a 5,000 square foot library that was sealed in 1215, with specific instructions that it was not to be opened until February 19, 2010."

Does anyone have a backstory on this issue or anything? How come I never heard of this?

Dont take me word for word on this, but apperently , that quote about the vatican is from another Dan Brown book. Dan Brown was the guy who wrote the Da Vinci Code... PArdon me if im wrong , beacause i am going out on a limb here, but wasnt the Da Vinci code fully debunked on this site even?.. If that is true, how can we tell if this isnt just another fantasy book..

Either way, i still could possibly immagine that the Vatican is hiding something.. But like it was meantioned , books would crumple if they went too long withought being airtight.... sooo, then it has to be something different.. I'm all for the covanent of the arc, or the TRUE spear of drstiny... Could also be other things that the church didnt want people to know.. clothing with Jesus' blood, prophetic scriptures with events occouring nowadays, etcetc.......

interesting read

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join