It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would you panic if they moved the NYSE to Denver?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Just a general conspiracy. Apparently the stories of 3 to 4 feet of water in the NYSE are false, but we know the area is facing an unfolding disaster, and who knows how long the recovery will take. Personally, I take all theories with a grain of salt, and I'm a prepper, so I'm as ready as one can be and still maintain normalacy. BUT, talking last night with some folks whom I least expected to be up on current events and NWO type stuff, and they started talking about the flooded stock exchange, and the Denver NWO. I was shocked, amused, and intently interested at that point.

Here's the deal. As jaded as I am, if they were to move the NYSE to Denver, I would panic inside! I might maintain my composure on the outside, but I would be ramping up my plans, and thinking through all the possible scenarios, and revisiting a ton of old Conspiracy Theories on ATS!

I think the Denver Airport Conspiracies all have logical explanations. I really do; they don't concern me in the least..... for now.

I think the US Shadow Government is loosely based in real facts, but I don't think they are waiting to take over at the drop of a hat, and I don't think they have an organized bunker somewhere. I think they are an unorganized group of people with influence, but no master agenda.

What I DO THINK, is that the world is on the edge of a Major Economic Collapse planned or otherwise, and I think the US is a Tinder Box of Revolutionary Spirit, and I think the right spark (Like the North East being out of power for a couple of weeks) could set everything into motion.

What I'm saying, is that IF they were to have to move the NYSE, and IF it ended up in Denver, I might actually panic this time.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by darkhorserider

NO because I am expecting them to move near the Rockies for our government especially after the economic collapse.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

Sure, but doesn't that make it all more real? That's what would get my blood pumping. If there is a collapse, and if there are disasters, and if there is a need for the move, my blood would already be pumping, but if they chose Denver, then it gives credibility to the notion of foreknowledge, or planning, and it gives all the conspiracy theories some major credibility.

For me, if they start talking about moving the Stock Exchange, I think I'll ramp up my prepping activities!

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   

I would not panic per se, just be a bit more aware. If I lived on the East Coast I might feel a little differently about it though. The only way I see them moving the stock exchange to Denver would be if they were expecting the current location to no longer be viable- as in the event of a major earthquake, New York being under water permanently, something that changes the landscape in a permanent way.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Moving the NYSE to Denver would be a massive undertaking, necessitating the move of hundreds of traders and personnel. If it were to be moved from New York City, that would be very freaky.

The only reason I could imagine it being moved is, they expect the actual area around New York to be geologically unstable.

It's a little like when they closed down Plum Island (off Long Island, NY), and moved their entire biolgocial research facility to the middle of Nowhere, Kansas. The original idea of putting a biological research facility on an island was to keep things containted in case of germs escaping. It didn't work, and Lyme Disease is the proof. Anyway, people were questioning why put such a place in the middle of the country, where an outbreak could be uncontainable and dangerous. My thinking is, because Kansas is geologically stable....and the government knows something the rest of us do not.

If they took the time, trouble and expense to move the NYSE, yeah.....I would be freaking out. When the rats abandon the ship, you know it's sinking.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
How about they let it sink? Wouldn't be any great loss to the world, and maybe it'll stop some of the ridiculous dealings in nonexistent money that the current system allows.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadeWolf

Actually that is a great idea! The exchange is outdated anyway. It is kind of like a first-generation cloud funding, and/or venture capitalism, but in today's day and age, we have plenty of other opportunities. Perhaps we don't need the exchange at all?

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
No reason too. In a few more years, it will be completely virtual.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   

If they move it, then it would be a good thing. Kind of crazy having the financial capital of the world so close to the coast. After Sandy, after what happened in Japan. Imagine the devastation caused by a tsunami.

With two events, they now have a good excuse to move it. Maybe they redirected Sandy inorder to create a second excuse!

Seriously, imagine what would happen to world stock markets if New York went under water. It would be global chaos.

No need to panic, panic is fear, fear controls you and allows you to be controlled.

edit on 30-10-2012 by OratoryHeist because: ed

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
No reason too. In a few more years, it will be completely virtual.

Yep, but I don't think they are ready today. If something happened to shut it down for an extended period, and they needed to make a temporary move, and they chose Denver, it would be concerning to me.

Imagine how ATS would light up if something like this storm, combined with elections, military on the ground for relief efforts, FEMA and DHS in overdrive, 12-21-12 fast approaching, and then they decided to move some key functions like NYSE to Denver? That would be conspiracy overload!

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by OratoryHeist

Maybe the move, in and of itself, wouldn't be bad. But if they did it in the midst of turmoil, and if their destination was Denver, then I believe come conspiracy theorists would come unglued!

Weren't there a bunch of threads about Federal Agency headquarters moving to Denver after 9/11? That seems to have blown over a bit now, but it was a big deal for awhile.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
It's my understanding that the CIA is moving to Denver so it would not surprise me to learn that other elements of government would do the same. Make no mistake, the stock exchange is at least partially owned by uncle sam. To wit: plunge protection teams, enabling fraud as a SOP, et. al..

My thought is that with the Denver location, sea-launched ballistic missiles from the Atlantic ocean will have a few minutes longer reaction time.

edit on 30-10-2012 by jcarpenter because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I can't remember where I read it, but someone said that if Washington D.C. was ever destroyed, that Denver would be the next capital?
I don't know but I swear I read it somewhere. And I wouldn't doubt it, Denver has got a lot up here as in military, bases in mountains, etc. Trust me, I live here. lol

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
We give Government way too much credit when it comes to these kind of conspiracy, I strongly posit that once any organization reaches a nexus point it loses control. This nexus point is basically the point where the left arm doesn't know what the right arm is doing with ego's and new regulation making it impossible to actually influence anything in any given direction.

I work for a large International Organization and I see it daily with how they run things, a directive comes from the top and no matter the consequence the hierarchy try and implement it with no exceptions. Then comes the exclusions and exemptions not long followed by resistance to implement due it not being a benefit to the organization by the rank and file. Every now and then something useful comes our way ( not lately ) and it gets picked up and implemented by the rank and file.

Most Western Governments are so large in bureaucracy that they fall into this category and to think that they can actually organize to a level of complicit conspiracy is a big stretch and nearly impossible. Compartmentalized departments can achieve some success and secrecy is the key but they fail on the ability to enact something without large numbers of field agents to make it happen.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
With Cumbre Vieja in the Canary Islands and the posable Megatsunami that could wipe out the whole east coast or a posable terrorist attack with a nuke brought in on a ship and detanated in the harbor they need a back up stock exchange.

the question is where Denver, or Chicago Illinois.

Chicago Illinois has the Chicago Mercantile Exchange so part of the infrastructure that could be used is all ready there.

top topics

join