Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

I affect the flow of traffic.

page: 1
0

log in

join

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   
My presence seems to cause people that drive by my apartment to zone out and people behind them will honk forcing them to notice the light changing. This happens most frequently when I'm deep in thought. The people in their cars waiting at the light seem to somehow zone out or become entrained with my 'field' so to speak. I also seem to cause people to cough when they walk past my apartment. It doesn't just happen when I'm in my apartment either.. when I'm walking around outside people will cough as if they're disturbed by my presence and drivers will forget what they're doing and people behind them will honk. It doesn't seem to matter whether they can see me or not. This has happened far too frequently to be mere coincidence. Interestingly, I once had the opportunity to see if the coughing was really caused by me.. one day someone in a car coughed, and I thought to myself ">
" and coughed at them, and they coughed again, and it went on like this for several rounds of coughing until I was the dominant cougher.

I'm curious if this happens to anyone else.



+1 more 
posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   

I'm curious if this happens to anyone else.


I have a magical super power that causes all traffic lights to turn red as I'm approaching and all surrounding drivers to act like maniacs.

It's a gift.



posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD
 



I have a magical super power that causes all traffic lights to turn red as I'm approaching and all surrounding drivers to act like maniacs. It's a gift.

"i have..." and "It's a gift.", isn't this contradictorily ? or, can you decide when you recieve this gift ?



posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by angrysniper
 




one day someone in a car coughed, and I thought to myself ">" and coughed at them, and they coughed again, and it went on like this for several rounds of coughing until I was the dominant cougher.

I'm curious if this happens to anyone else.




Yes!!!!!

I thought I was the only one!

Thank god it happens to other people!

I was reluctant to start a thread because I didn't want to sound silly.




posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Maybe its the copious amounts of skunky smoke coming out your window that is making them cough and zone out.


On a serious note, how would you know the traffic is affected unless you had a camera recording the times when you are not around to show it moving smoothly?

A yawning horse can make humans yawn too.

Maybe you have a distinct smell about you or your cologne or deodorant is causing the coughing
edit on 30-10-2012 by sparrowstail because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by sparrowstail
Maybe its the copious amounts of skunky smoke coming out your window that is making them cough and zone out.


On a serious note, how would you know the traffic is affected unless you had a camera recording the times when you are not around to show it moving smoothly?

A yawning horse can make humans yawn too.

Maybe you have a distinct smell about you or your cologne or deodorant is causing the coughing
edit on 30-10-2012 by sparrowstail because: (no reason given)




It's true....I yawned after watching this video.



posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by angrysniper
My presence seems to cause people that drive by my apartment to zone out and people behind them will honk forcing them to notice the light changing. This happens most frequently when I'm deep in thought. The people in their cars waiting at the light seem to somehow zone out or become entrained with my 'field' so to speak. I also seem to cause people to cough when they walk past my apartment. It doesn't just happen when I'm in my apartment either.. when I'm walking around outside people will cough as if they're disturbed by my presence and drivers will forget what they're doing and people behind them will honk. It doesn't seem to matter whether they can see me or not. This has happened far too frequently to be mere coincidence. Interestingly, I once had the opportunity to see if the coughing was really caused by me.. one day someone in a car coughed, and I thought to myself ">
" and coughed at them, and they coughed again, and it went on like this for several rounds of coughing until I was the dominant cougher.

I'm curious if this happens to anyone else.


Given you user name, could it be something you are pointing at folks to give them pause?



posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by angrysniper
 


First of all, are you wearing clothes in these situations?



posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by angrysniper
 


Whats strange here is i have a friend who is lets say a live wire .
Whenever he is driving his car the person in front seems to
drop their sped by 10 mph, i kid you not as i have witnessed this
EVERY time i have been in his car.
This does happen nearly everyday.
We call it sods law



posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by maryhinge
reply to post by angrysniper
 


Whats strange here is i have a friend who is lets say a live wire .
Whenever he is driving his car the person in front seems to
drop their sped by 10 mph, i kid you not as i have witnessed this
EVERY time i have been in his car.
This does happen nearly everyday.
We call it sods law



If someone is tailgating me i have a tendency to slow down to let him know tailgating me won't make me speed up.



posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by sparrowstail
 


no its not tailgating ,i hate that as much as he does,even if he lets someone out
of a junction they go slowand the worst is when on a bypass (freeway)
or motorway he goes to overtake them and they speedup
i swear mate even i blow a gasket




posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by angrysniper
My presence seems to cause people that drive by my apartment to zone out and people behind them will honk forcing them to notice the light changing. This happens most frequently when I'm deep in thought. The people in their cars waiting at the light seem to somehow zone out or become entrained with my 'field' so to speak. I also seem to cause people to cough when they walk past my apartment. It doesn't just happen when I'm in my apartment either.. when I'm walking around outside people will cough as if they're disturbed by my presence and drivers will forget what they're doing and people behind them will honk. It doesn't seem to matter whether they can see me or not. This has happened far too frequently to be mere coincidence. Interestingly, I once had the opportunity to see if the coughing was really caused by me.. one day someone in a car coughed, and I thought to myself ">
" and coughed at them, and they coughed again, and it went on like this for several rounds of coughing until I was the dominant cougher.

I'm curious if this happens to anyone else.


I read this and my first thought was you must be completely insane, and then I thought you could just be confused - So i came up with a logical conclusion to why this might be happening.

1) The traffic lights - Maybe the stop line is too close to the lights and therefore the light changing are slightly out of view hence why people miss them change and the people behind honk - and maybe it seems to happen when you are in deep thought as you have the time to notice it rather than being busy doing something else - Like playing COD or something.
2) People coughing when you walk past them - Maybe you stink, this could be a bad stink or a too much cologne stink - either way I have been next to people on a train who have stank for both reasons and it has cause me to cough and change seats in some cases it has been so bad.

If you reply with anything along the lines of you have powers, believe you have powers, not from the world or are possibly are the love child of the GOD of traffic and the GODESS of smells then I will know my first thought was right.



posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Have you by any chance got your bare arse pushed up against the window when this occurs?



posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I affect the flow of traffic on Saturday nights when I get drunk and play chicken on the downtown streets naked.



posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
It's the naked couple doing the deed in the apartment above you

And the coughing thing, maybe you need a bath/shower??



posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Something Certainly Hyped, Interesting, Zany Observational Perspective-you Have Really Entertaining Now I Ask;

Can you control the movements of birds and the wind?


edit on 30-10-2012 by Komonazmuk because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   

I also seem to cause people to cough when they walk past my apartment. It doesn't just happen when I'm in my apartment either.. when I'm walking around outside people will cough as if they're disturbed by my presence...


Does it sound like this *cough*, *cough-homo*,*cough* or more like *cough*, *cough-blojb*,*cough* ?



posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
He's right ya know. Traffic control is easy when compared to effecting avian movements and they're chosen mode of transportation. It's even more difficult when you attempt to move their whole flock. Though. I suppose that wind manipulation would help in that matter.





new topics

top topics



 
0

log in

join