It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ringing rocks of eastern pennsylvania

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 02:27 AM
link   
oh and thanks for the great response to my thread

and the first hand accounts i wish i could visit one day

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Y are they sitting their banging them with hammers all day..... Use them for something

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Curious how accurate the claim birds and critters avoid the place. Too many people there banging rocks, too many people relieving themselves there? Or any other reason like too much human scent? Or is the claim hyperbole?

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
there is a ringing rock area in POTTSTOWN PA.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by maryhinge

I've taken the kids up there a few times, at least once a year. Its a great cheap day trip taht costs nothing but the cost of gas to get there. Just remember to bring enough hammers to go around. One time, when we were leaving, we passed a family who saw us carrying our hammers and I heard the father say "Oh s***, we forgot to bring any hammers". I felt sorry for them, I hope they found something to bang the rocks with.

I keep a few cheap hammers in my truck at all times in case we decide to head up there someday. Its only an hour from our house.

Its doesn't seem creepy there and I think the reason the animals stay off is because the rocks attract heat and there's nothing for them to eat out there. There are some pretty big black spiders crawling around all over them though.

I never knew about the magnetic or radio interference before. I'll have to check that out next time we go. Its too bad they say they loose the ringing after removed. I've actually thought about bringing one home if I could find one small enough but, most of the ringers are huge boulders.

If you ever get a chance, it is a fun little trip but, bring something to drink if its hot out because those rocks will roast you if you're not prepared.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   

I found rocks a few months ago when I was in the desert of Israel that had a ringing sound like this; like they were made out of metal or glass. it tripped me out i just hit one with another and it was really astounding.

I might have a video of it somewhere. It was at the village of Ezuz (Esuz) near the Egyptian border. But totally different types of rocks. Also its an odd area geologically too because there are these odd piles of blackened stones allover the place, they don't match the base material and they all look like they were blown up and melted at high temperatures. When I first saw the piles I figured it was leftover from a war, but I was told its "natural" and super ancient. It kind of seemed like large blackened burning rocks had fallen out of the sky and exploded on impact all over the area, or like big lazer guns had shot the place up. Anyway, those rocks rang too.
edit on 31-10-2012 by NJoyZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   
There must be more than one ringing rock area. I was on a mountainbike ride/vacation in Jim Thorpe PA and the singletrack broke into a clearing that held a big rock field, the guy leading the ride told is they were ringing rocks, so we stopped for a little while and banged on them with what we had on hand.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by NJoyZ

Cool did you take any?

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by maryhinge
reply to post by IrishCream

thats cool, can you tell me if its true about birds and animals avoiding the place?

Sorry for the long wait for a reply!

Yes it is VERY true! We didn't even see any insects, and trust me, all 3 boys were looking for them haha!

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by IrishCream

no worries mate
better late then never

i wonder why animals avoid this area?

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   
My wife and I visited the ringing rocks park in 2007. I didn't really experience anything unusual there other than my cheap hammer breaking after hitting a few rocks! I'll keep an eye out for anything strange if we ever happen to visit the area again.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Incredible!!! If anyone could have discovered a technology to read the rocks and all that they store up in memory it would have been Tesla. Sadly there was only one of him in the world and he is long dead. This then will remain a mystery for all time. I'm sure we will struggle with understanding this mystery but come nowhere close.

Great find and thank you!
edit on 14-11-2012 by Egyptia because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Happens a lot with iron ore.... there's a lot in my area (other side of the Appalachians) and it resonates like that when struck with a hammer.

I actually lived somewhat close to Bucks Co, but never saw that park
Would have been cool

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
In the video you can clearly hear lots of birds. Haha. Just a boulder field.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I found a few boulder fields like this down in South Arkansas. It was cool, but there were copperheads and rattle snakes all over the darned things. I'd bet you can find snakes there too.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join