It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Thing Happened To Me During Frankenstorm

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
reply to post by doom27

It's this kind of thing that makes me wonder about the metaphysical component to the storm. More and more I'm thinking something 'otherworldly' mixed with the physical world with Frankenstorm.

A message from mother nature to mankind is my take on the storm. It could of been a lot worse, people listened and evacuated, so the loss is monetary for the most part. How else is the earth and creatures on it supposed to catch our attention? Natural disasters are the way our planet responds to and addresses issues.... we are being addressed IMO.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
- did the energy of the storm feed the spooks we have and I was actually able to hear them speaking to each other? Our spooks are active but we haven't heard their voices very much.

Yes, this is highly plausible. There is a wealth of anecdotal evidence that suggests major storm activity, particularly electromagnetic storms, increases the liklihood of some type of preternatural manifestation.

- were these spooks brought in by the storm?
Was the storm supernatural in some way in addition to being a natural event?
And I was hearing the spooks in the storm?

No.
Yes.
No.

- it could have all been my imagination.

Yes.

This storm was very odd. It had an odd feeling to it the whole time. And it felt more like a nor'easter with cold biting rain .. it didn't feel like a tropical hurricane at all. The storm acted strange and felt strange .. and now this spooky strange stuff .... So .. any POLICE theories??

This storm was meant to make a statement. A warning-shot accross the bow, of sorts.
edit on 31-10-2012 by stupid girl because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

FlyersFan, have you seen this thread from earlier this month?

There's a whole bunch of us that experience this same phenomenon.
I hear it most every night....and it's never the same "voices", but always a conversation, like talk-radio or a news show...sometimes two men, sometimes male and female, or two females....but always with the "rhythm" of media.

Lots of suggestions on what might cause it.
Does anyone ever hear a distant talking or music when it's quiet in your house?

(lots of the posts report it during A/C on or off, fridge on or off, fan on or off....etc. Check it out!)

Glad you're okay! My daughter is in Boston....they got nearly entirely passed by...(I credit my gang of angels -- they ROCK!)
edit on 31-10-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Im leaning more towards a scientific anomaly similar to the movie with Dennis Quad where hes a fire fighter contacting his son through some portal think through a storm cloud

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Demons? lol!

Yes because demons walk up and down stairs and has a play with the dogs squeeky toys!

Thats very demon-like to me!

For a future note.... Demons and Spirits are different!

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I can't believe no one here mentioned Samhain, the Celtic pagan holiday from which Halloween originated from. They believed that this time of year was when the veil between the living and the dead was the thinnest. That, coupled with the full harvest moon at the time, transformers blowing up, a massive hurricane, and the mind-altering implications of being thrust into a situation where nature is trying to kill you and everything around you, which to a primitive mind would seem like an apocalypse (perhaps an instinct we still carry), makes it seem like if there was ever going to be a time and place where the layers or frequencies between life and death get crossed and some weird # would go down, it would be exactly when and where this hurricane was happening, and to the people it was happening to.

But who #ing knows, right? Could have been auditory hallucinations caused by the insanity of the moment, or radio frequencies or something.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
That storm was different and the energy was powerful and palpable, I felt it half way across the land, and had one of those vivid dreams that thousands of people were swimming up from the bottom of the ocean, that evening.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by TalkingMonkey

OH, I had not read your post until after I posted, interesting.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Well, natural disasters do happen. I do believe that Satan and his demons have some control over the elements, or at least they when they are allowed to.

I believe this because in God's word in the book of Job Jehovah grants Satan permission to test Job. And one of the things Satan and his demons do to test job is manipulate the elements:

(Job 1:16) . . .While this one was yet speaking that one came and proceeded to say: “The very fire of God fell from the heavens and went blazing among the sheep and the attendants and eating them up; and I got to escape, only I by myself, to tell you.”

Here they send supernatural fire from the heavens. The servants thought it was from God so they called it from him. But if you read the account it is quite obvious that Satan and his demons sent the fire, not God. Later on at the end of the book of Job Jehovah makes it clear he didn't cause any suffering to Job.

Then there's this:

(Job 1:19) . . .And, look! there came a great wind from the region of the wilderness, and it went striking the four corners of the house, so that it fell upon the young people and they died. And I got to escape, only I by myself, to tell you.”

So then again Satan and his demons were able to use nature, this time the wind, perhaps a tornado, they used it to crush the house and kill all of Jobs children.

Well this is not weather related but we also have the account of Satan making a star appear in the heavens to his sorcerers, or magi that lead them to Herod who then sent them to look for Jesus so he could put Jesus to death. That lead to a massacre of all of the children of two years and younger in Bethlehem:

(Matthew 2:1-3) . . .look! astrologers from eastern parts came to Jerusalem, 2 saying: “Where is the one born king of the Jews? For we saw his star [when we were] in the east, and we have come to do him obeisance.” 3 At hearing this King Herod was agitated. ..

(Matthew 2:7, 8) . . .Then Herod secretly summoned the astrologers and carefully ascertained from them the time of the star’s appearing; 8 and, when sending them to Beth′le·hem, he said: “Go make a careful search for the young child, and when YOU have found it report back to me, that I too may go and do it obeisance.”

(Matthew 2:16-18) . . .Then Herod, seeing he had been outwitted by the astrologers, fell into a great rage, and he sent out and had all the boys in Beth′le·hem and in all its districts done away with, from two years of age and under, according to the time that he had carefully ascertained from the astrologers. 17 Then that was fulfilled which was spoken through Jeremiah the prophet, saying: 18 “A voice was heard in Ra′mah, weeping and much wailing; it was Rachel weeping for her children, and she was unwilling to take comfort, because they are no more.”

Also Brooklyn, New York is the center of Jehovah's great worldwide preaching work. It is being moved out of Brooklyn but it's still there. Am I saying that is why? No I am not. But sometimes you wonder.
edit on 1-11-2012 by SubAce because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Well yah, the spirits in your home (that you are convinced are there) were as aware of the danger as you. They were discussing it and "organizing" for maybe the protection of you and yours. You were allowed to hear that (without hearing specifics) so as to make you more comfortable. Did the activity make you feel comforted at all?

Could have been family or just others that used to live their. Who knows how things work over there. Although paranormal activity can be frightening (its beyond our realm) it sounds like they are benevolent in your case. I would be flattered that something or someone from beyond was watching over me.

About that transformer. Did you mean those garbage can looking things at the top of telephone poles? Those are capacitors, really. They help filter electrical spikes on the line. If they are overloaded they may catch fire or explode suddenly. The stuff in them is oil and it is laden with toxins called PCB's. You wouldn't want to touch them or any of the residue on the ground, it is dangerous. Keep the kids away from them and any downed wires too.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Okay .. I checked with the neighbors. No one was watching tv or listening to the radio from 1:00 -1:30 am during the storm. Only one neighbor was 'out of bed' at that time. He was my 17 year old neighbor. He wasn't watching TV or anything like that. It was a good thought to check to see if it was them ... but it wasn't the neighbors.

Originally posted by intrptr
About that transformer. Did you mean those garbage can looking things at the top of telephone poles?

Yep. When they explode they REALLY explode. You can't miss it. We all call them transformers. I dont know if that's the proper term. But thats' what we all call them.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 06:12 AM
link   
i know i'm late in the topic having it read yesterday but didn't feel like replying
and i didn't bother to read subsequent pages so i don't know if someone else already mentioned this but

you were under sleep deprivation, couldn't the white noise generated by the storm induced you into a ganzfeld effect type state and the transformer blowing up merely snaped you out of it?

with this i'm not saying what you experienced was either an hallucination or an actual event of taping into an actual conversation between disembodied voices, i'm merelly providing an explanation on how it may have come to happen in the first place

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   

They use both terms to describe them. You said it was "somewhere nearby", just stay away from the residue. Hazmat will be there to clean it up.

This is my favorite part of your post.

We live in a haunted house. (actually, all our houses have been haunted). Not 'Amityville Horror' kind of haunted. The walls don't bleed or anything. The spooks here are very active walking up and down the stairs and moving things and going through kitchen cabinets/drawers and playing with the dogs squeeky toys etc etc ... So I'm wondering a few things ..

Thats why I said they are benevolent and watching over you... making noise that lets you know they are around but never doing any harm, right? The increased activity during the storm was because they were busier than usual, maybe. Some believe these are family members hanging around keeping an eye on us.

"playing with the dogs squeakers..."

<< 1  2  3   >>

join