It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Thing Happened To Me During Frankenstorm

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Glad you're ok after the storm. I have a question if I may. You said it sounded like the voices were coming through a wall. Is it possible that there were people outside your house and you heard them?

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
You know, I've had some entities in my home for a whille now.

It started after my Aunt and Uncle both died within a year of eachother. At first I didn't put 2 and 2 together and realize it was them.

I wasn't very nice, and used sage and shouted at them to leave.

Once my GF described one of them to me (she actually saw one late one night) I knew it was my late Aunt. I took back out her crystal ball (I had put it away because I thought the ghosts were drawn to it) and I think she's back every now and then.
I usually come home and say, "Hiya Auntie or anyone else that's here..just boring old me and I have to go pee!"

Some of the money that was earned with the sale of her house was used to remodel my kitchen, so I don't mind it if she comes by and hangs out with me when I cook (I love to cook). She always encouraged me w/it anyway!

One whole wall in my place is a floor to ceeling mirror. Hey, my place was built in 1981, ok? On the backside of that wall is my kitchen and my fridge. Mirrors + electronics/EMF fields... you get the picture!

Now then, I have to say -- I do notice increased activity when a storm front is about to move in. I'm not sure why, but it seems when the pressure drops or rises quickly we have more activity.

I've also noticed the "prime" time of night is after 1am, and before 5am. Usually I'll wake up and hear stuff between 2am-4am, more so if there is a storm.

We don't get lightning here, so I don't think it's electrical-based. Somehow the pressure changes must make it easier for them to "push through" to our side. Perhaps the pressure differential stretches space-time at a quantum level just enough for more activty?

I've kind of gotten used to hearing stuff move in my bedroom at night when im trying to sleep (it scared the # out of me in the begining!)

I just know that it's easier for me to meditate or astral project into their realm than it is for them to push through and harm me in this realm.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Just jumping on to lend support and read about Sandy, but have to add to your thread.

Without going into extreme detail:

On Oct 9th 2006 ( full moon)I sat down in a peaceful mood to meditate before going to sleep. I was sitting in my Moms living room towel on head after a hot shower, and was sending protective light to her spirit as she was in recovery from a serious brain tumor surgery.

At some point, there was a golden light that surrounded the space, keeping eyes closed I could hear people talking in the adjacent dinning room area. The voices were barely audible, male if I remember correctly, one being my brothers. He was actually sleeping at the time, so it was not him.

The voices sounded like people talking at a party or something. Normal tone and range.

There were many voices all conversing.

Long short, something else happened which lead me to somehow know that life was leaving my Mom, I wrote a quick note to meet me at the hospital and drove through the desert 2 hours to the hospital where she was dying. I was able to be there in every way possible and will always be mystified and eternally grateful for the experience.

This was a high spiritual experience and one that has never been repeated.

Perhaps, is it possible that you were in that same high spiritual space? That some of the lives in peril last night were part of something much deeper than the physical world could explain?

Maybe, and this is how I see this, is that you were working on a higher level last night and part of it included hearing those spiritual protectors that keep the planes of existence from merging.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Teye22

That's the same time period that I heard them!

reply to post by ColeYounger

That's exactly how it sounded. It was two or three men having a conversation. Muffled. You could tell that there were words and sentences and a 'back and forth' between them but no matter how hard I listened, I couldn't make out what the words were. Exactly like you describe it.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by shadwgirl
Is it possible that there were people outside your house and you heard them?

Good question. That's the first thing I thought as well ...
- I checked .. no people.
- It was 1:30 in the morning and it was during some of the worst part of the hurricane.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by MystikMushroom
I wasn't very nice, and used sage and shouted at them to leave.

I've done that here more than a few times. Sometimes it works really well and afterwards, when you walk around the house, you feel like you are being hugged by a nice big white cotton ball. Other times it feels like nothing has changed. BTW .. I plan on 'not being nice' and doing the sage/shouting thing when a certain relative of mine dies. I don't want her bad after-life vibes hanging out at my house. (and I know she would if she could)

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Anything is possible.

A few years back I had a dream .. I dreamed I was on an airplane and it was night and there was a thunderstorm. A lightening strike hit the wing. I was sitting in the plane and could feel the fear of each passenger. One woman, about 4 rows ahead of me on the isle, turned around and looked right at me. I knew we were all going to die and we all shared that knowledge and deep fear. A clap of thunder woke me up. I was terrified.

In the morning I turned on the TV and they were reporting about a plane that had gotten hit by lightening in the night and had crashed. They described where the plane had been hit and everything. It was just like my dream.

The feeling I had while sitting on that plane scared the stuff'n out of me.

And I'll never forget that woman who turned around in her isle seat and looked directly at me.
She could see me! I am sure of it. I wonder who she was and where her soul is now.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   

If there are ghosts in your home ( I do believe in ghosts) and you don't feel threatened, try to make nice. I believe it is Santeria that honors the spirits by burning tobacco and leaving a glass of brandy out for them. Maybe try that and see if they will be willing to communicate with you. Also, old powwow folklore says to leave a slice of onion on a saucer with a little milk in it. Supposedly if there are evil spirits there, the onion will turn black. Hope this helps.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   

WEll that kind of makes my point honey, it is natural and normal to be intuitive and a gentle soul that other souls look to during their transition from the physical world to the spiritual. Not something that gets accolades or acknowledgements, yet you know as well as others that only the strongest souls chose to come in at this critical time in earths history. I seriously think you were praying for those in the night and thru that were there in spirit for people and animals that needed light in the dark.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Many blue green red and orange lights in the air for transformer. I also had a very strange voice from drifting to sleep most likely a spirit didn't seem like a nice one. Glad I wasn't the only one in such and experience. Who do you think the voices you heard were? I agree I think the energy wind and water - had something to do with it. Maybe it was jinn...

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Hey FF. There is something to this stuff. Id been in a paranormal interest group in college and participating in investigations since probably 1988 or so... on and off. I even investigated Rose Hall in Montego Bay Jamaica.LOL! I didnt really "believe" but held open the possibility. I desperately anted to be convinced I guess. Nothing ever did. LOTS of things that are unexplainable, but nothing ever popped out and smacked me in the head KWIM?? Well not to long ago I moved into the realm of a true believer.. for which I have been made LOTSA fun of.

During an intense storm here ( I live in a century old historic home) everyone was asleep and I had gotten up to get a snack.. I tend to midnight snack. I was walking down the main hall wide awake and my hair moved over my right ear.. and I heard a voice. It was like a complete sentence or a few.. but it was real real fast.. I STILL have no idea what was being said. I FREAKED THE HELL OUT. I guess youd have to know me.. I never freak out. I did this time over the top freak out. Woke my husband up and I was almost hysterical... almost tried to sell the house. I geuss it wasnt so much the voice that freaked me.. but that I was touched somehow. Now in this house, nothing has ever been scary. I am oblivious to most of the stuff unless we have guests and they comment on it. Im also as "psychic" as a brick... so I do believe that this was an audible voice. WHy it was so sped up I have NO idea. Id never heard of it or encountered it in any data previously.
Id felt that storms seem to make things weird here. As in our second yr at this house during a storm the basement smelled so bad of smoke.. without the visual smoke.. we ripped the ceiling out of a basement bedroom room looking for an electrical fire.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   

You're absoultey right about the cotton ball-ish feeling!

I feel horrible, because I now know it was my Aunt.

She was very big into metaphysical things, and when she died my parents gave me quite a bit of her stuff that no one else wanted, but she loved dearly.

She gave me her two crystal balls a couple of years before she died because she knew I was the only one in the family that would take care of them and understand.

She apparently likes to mess with my girlfriend. My GF has seen the handle on her purse flip from one side to the other. Stuff has also come up missing of hers too. I haven't actually "seen" the spirit, but my GF has. She asked me one night, "Was your aunt pretty short, about 5' with grey hair?" I got kind of spooked out because I've never described or had shown a picture of my late aunt to her!

When I'm alone in the house I sometimes talk to her, I'd like to believe that she can. My kitchen is so spectacular now because of the left over money her house brought my family, and I think she deserves to come and hang out with me in it

Sometimes I'll hear my dirty clothes moving like someone is walking through my piles at night (and no, I don't have rodents or pests!). One time I heard nails tapping on the dresser. I don't think she wants to freak me out, that's why she hasn't shown herself to me.

Storms tend to bring about odd energies. Yesterday there was an odd greenish "fog" on the horizon about an hour before sunset. I've never seen anything like it, but it creeped me out.

I also think that time erodes a spirit's ability to be seen or visit us. I am very sensitive to energy, and I felt NONE at the Colluseum in Rome. Odd. . .

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Couple ideas

1) Your mind was playing tricks on you hearing/imagining things.
2) The wind from the hurricane coming in cracks/changing air pressure in the house making noises.
3) The transformer could have been malfunctioning and making noises which would make sense that the sounds stopped after it blew.
4) There could have been some creepers outside possibly talking about coming in thinking the house easy picking with the storm around and ran when they heard the loud boom expecting people to be looking around.
5) The energy from the storm boosted the ghost or whatever's presence/power/energy/whatever in your home (transformer could have blown after taking in too much of the energy).

Or it could be none of those, who knows.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   

FF: I am one of those weird types who sometimes hears too. For years and years I doubted myself. And then one day I felt like I was going to explode with anger. I plugged in the vacuum cleaner to clean the house. Nothing like cleaning the house when you're angry about something! Anyways, I was so mad I really did blow a fuse. For real. I had to reset the fuse box.
Then I decided to get crazy and believe. Now, I don't hear things very often, thank goodness. However, if I hear something especially evil, it is often accompanied by a temporary flash of electricity. That happened to me one day when I felt animosity building really bad. It was thick, so much anger all around me. And then Ka-Boom! A bolt of lightening shut the bad feelings up. It was less than a mile away. I had the same feeling on September 10, 2001.
I don't know what I have, but it's possible that all of your houses are not haunted, but YOU are. Perhaps you have some interesting people in your genetic past like I do. Anyway, be careful with your mind and if you decide to believe in the sounds stay cool. Keep it away from all emotions so you aren't affected by it.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Perhaps if this storm was HAARP generated as some here believe; that could be the connection between the paranormal events.

FF you said this storm felt out of the ordinary. Maybe that's why.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I was just wondering, did the power go out when the transformer blew? I have had an experience once where I laid in my tent for over an hour listening to people cheering at a ball game as well as motorcycle gangs racing up and down the highway a couple of miles away. After laying awake listening to these sounds over and over I finally realized that it was actually the tops of the pine trees vibrating in the wind. It was quite an experience when the realization dawned on me as the sounds were exactly like what I had thought they were moments before. Maybe, if the power did go out around the same time, it was the ensuing silence of that effect that drowned out the voices. That's the only thing that I can come up with. It's very strange that the transformer would vanquish the voices... Whatever they were.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   

I had a somewhat similar experience last eve (around 9:00pm EDT). (I've also lived in a haunted house, heard voices in the dead of night on many occasions, similar to your description, but that's another story. Suffice it say I hear ya, strange things do happen).

Anyway, in my area (mid-Hudson valley) the storm never really picked up, so after waiting all day I went on the local village and country roads to do some '___' -- that's Long Slow Distance, for you runners out there, no drugs involved except naturally produced endorphins!

Later, I was warming down, I noted the absence of wind, and light drizzle, thinking "this is quite a bit less than we were to expect, from the earlier weather reports...looks like no problem here." Suddenly I noticed a streetlight just ahead shutting off suddenly. I wondered a random flash from my flashlight (an intense multi-LED beam) might have triggered its daylight sensor.

Then I noticed houses and business on the blocks ahead going dark, one by one. Then there was a bright pink flash in the sky followed a few seconds later by a muffled boom, and then the whole village was dark, except for a couple of businesses with backup power. All this happened in the space of ten seconds or so.

RIght after the flash the powerlines overhead made a thrashing noise, similar to the whipping sound in a taught cable that's been struck with a hammer. Spooked, I crossed the street, away from the power lines. Still jogging, about fifteen seconds later there was another pink flash, a boom and that odd sound from the power lines -- and the power came back on.

I found all this odd since we'd had very little rain, moderate winds and only a few high gusts...And this was just at a moment when the calm -- no perceptible wind -- was quite unhurricane-like.

Anyway within a few minutes the wind picked up considerably (though not dangerously), the clouds parted and the full moon was visible. The air was noticeably drier, for a few minutes at least. I don't know what it means but it all seemed strange at the time.

Of course with all the damage to power grids elsewhere region, that there would be a local power surge, even without any obvious stress, is not hard to understand.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Yes the energy of the storm could have fed the spooks and gave the ghosts the ability to project sound, be glad they didn't fully form. I mean I don't know about you but if I saw men solidly standing in my living room at night I'd be scared literally into death!
edit on 30-10-2012 by ldyserenity because: wrong word

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
There is lots of research linking geomagnetic activity and paranormal activity. Just do a google search, I don't have time to sort though the results tonight.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   
This S$#t has happened to me for as long as I can remember, I can feel something.. What kills me is I don't know exactly (spiritual, religious or whatever your favorite feeling is) what I'm feeling. My body reacts to certain areas.. I literally moved out of my apartment 2 weeks ago because I was tired of sleeping on the floor with my girlfriend because I was to scared to admit that I was terrified to sleep in my own room. I literally heard someone stepping over obstacles in my room * as my room has clothes/bags on the floor * and was so scared that I didnt even look around.. I just sat there shaking for 15 minutes before I built up the nerve to talk and ask my girlfriend to come lay down in the living room with me. Religion and spirituality have a connection, but logically I cannot make that connection. Although I feel a presence often I disregard it to me being paranoid. But after 21 years I have become accustomed to that feeling. And it doesn't always scare me as it did that one time, usually I can feel a presence and feel ok or comfortable.. That time alone I woke up in cold sweats and shook uncontrollably for 15 minutes before I had to leave the room.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join