It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Thing Happened To Me During Frankenstorm

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Polite responses only please ....

For those interested in the paranormal, metaphysical, and/or psychological .... what do you think may have happened? We can't know a definate answer, of course. But I'd be interested to hear some theories. This is what happened last night during Frankenstorm ...

Place - Wilmington DE ... my living room .... in a haunted house.
Time - 1:00 am until 1:30 am
Setting - The eye of Frankenstorm had passed overhead and we were on the flip side of the storm. It was still raging pretty strong.

I couldn't sleep. Having a hurricane rage around you kind of does that. I was sleeping on the couch downstairs so I wouldn't be in the upstairs bedroom under the big trees .. just incase the hurricane brought them down. I was awake all night. From about 1:00am to 1:30 am I kept hearing muffled mens voices. It was like they were just in the other room or just outside the window or something. They were deep and having a conversation. I couldn't make out what they were saying. I looked around and couldn't find the men. The voices would stop when I went looking for them and then start up again when I layed down on the couch.

They were deep mens voices and it was a conversation. This lasted about half an hour.

Then at 1:30 am a transformer blew up somewhere near us. It exploded. (if you've ever heard a transformer exploding .. you'll never forget it). The voices immediately stopped and they didn't start up again.

We live in a haunted house. (actually, all our houses have been haunted). Not 'Amityville Horror' kind of haunted. The walls don't bleed or anything. The spooks here are very active walking up and down the stairs and moving things and going through kitchen cabinets/drawers and playing with the dogs squeeky toys etc etc ... So I'm wondering a few things ..

- did the energy of the storm feed the spooks we have and I was actually able to hear them speaking to each other? Our spooks are active but we haven't heard their voices very much.

- were these spooks brought in by the storm? Was the storm supernatural in some way in addition to being a natural event? And I was hearing the spooks in the storm?

- it could have all been my imagination. I thought the sounds of the storm were voices ....

This storm was very odd. It had an odd feeling to it the whole time. And it felt more like a nor'easter with cold biting rain .. it didn't feel like a tropical hurricane at all. The storm acted strange and felt strange .. and now this spooky strange stuff .... So .. any POLICE theories??

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 05:54 AM
link   
It's the force of the wind blowing around your house, changing the air pressure.
edit on 30-10-2012 by daaskapital because: eta

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Very interesting experience! I'm going to vote for the energy of the storm. I find it curious that the phenomenon stopped after the transformer blew. The transformer could have already been malfunctioning for that 1/2 hour that you experienced this. Possibly being in an overcharged state??? Anyway, I'm voting for the awesome energy that was all around you because of the storm.

Thanks for sharing this!

AND I'M GLAD YOU ARE OKAY!

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Valhall

I'm wondering if the transformer had anything to do with feeding energy into the already energy charged atmosphere. I know spooks feed off additional energy like that so maybe it was leaking energy?? Or maybe the storm itself was feeding the energy?? or maybe it was just my imagination and it was the wind of the storm??

Dunno. But it was really strange. And considering that I've experienced all sorts of spook stuff, for me to say that something is strange .. that's a big deal.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

The language of demons isn't English, or even sound. It's telepathic. So no. Not sure what other explaination. But it sounds weird.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 06:08 AM
link   
What were they talking about?

Did you pick that up?

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 06:15 AM
link   
First.. Very glad you weathered the storm!

Now, can I ask if you live in a historical area? I'm thinking it could be the storm that triggered what you heard. Think about if where you live could have been through a storm before. You could have heard the echo of the situation from before. I had a friend who's family owned a haunted house and they had a similar situation many years ago.

(I've also been in a situation of hearing two men whisper. And I wasn't the only one to hear it. I friend staying in the same room heard it too. We didn't know we both heard it until the next morning when we both complained about no sleep)

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 06:36 AM
link   

In all my years of studying this and other paranormal phenomena I would have to say that your haunted house was indeed alive this night. Electromagntic disturbances and voices are quite common and usually go hand-in-hand in many cases.

Indeed they are not evil - more "cheeky tormentors" I'd say and the "high strangeness" of the storm and the uneasy feelings you had are also clues and verification of ghostly activity.

Here is a blog I found with similar experiences.................

Jamie wants to know whether strange electrical activity could be a sign of paranormal activity.

She writes: Hi Michelle! I have a spirit here in our apartment. I have heard him speak before; I have felt his presence, and even caught an EVP of him. The past couple days, I noticed something strange: the nightlight in our guest bathroom turned a VERY bright white and then burned out….and last night, the lights on our ficus tree did the same thing (the lights got so bright that it woke me up…was like a sunlight)..and then they burned out, too.
Is this a sign of paranormal activity? I never heard of anything like this, with the exception of lights flickering and going off and on..all of which we have had in the past month as well.
Thanks so much. - Jamie from Wisconsin

Hi Jamie. Yes, it could be a sign of paranormal activity—or it could be an electrical wiring problem in your home. Ghosts are known to cause electrical disturbances (including flickering lights, electrical failures) and they can drain freshly charged batteries.
This is because strong electromagnetic fields (EMF's) are usually found in the presence of ghostly/paranormal activity. Science has shown us that strong electromagnetic fields can cause electrical disturbances, power failures and other anomalies. Check to see if there are natural causes that could explain the strange electrical activity in your home. Natural causes could include short circuits, electrical wiring problems, blown fuses, or man-made EMF's. If there are no natural causes, then it's possible the light activity could be paranormal. ghosthuntingsecrets.com...

www.trueghosttales.com...

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 06:38 AM
link   
I would say that you heard all the background white noise, mixed in with the hurricane noise and your brain translated it as voices.

Audio pareidolia of sorts.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by selfharmonise
What were they talking about? Did you pick that up?

I tried to hear but I couldn't understand. It was like it was muffled. Like if two or three men were having a conversation on the other side of a wall ...

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by OneisOne
Now, can I ask if you live in a historical area?

The house is 60 years old. The area has been settled for a few hundred years. There was a lot of activity here with Indians and with troops during the Revolutionary War. We live near a major road which, back in the Revolutionary War days, was a dirt road that troops marched up on their way to the Brandywine Battle in Chadds Ford PA. (America lost .. England won). I have no idea how many Revolutionary War soldiers (or which side of the war they were on) may have encamped on our property before the battle.

Think about if where you live could have been through a storm before.

This house has been through hurricanes and tropical storms and blizzards before. I haven't heard the voices before. We have had lots of activity. Both in quiet weather and in storms. In fact, during Hurricane Isabel, the spooks in the house were VERY active .. slamming things in the kitchen and opening and closing drawers and moving window shades up and down. But this is the first time I have heard voices like that in this house. I'm wondering if the energy from the storm made the veil between worlds thinner .. or perhaps gave their voices more energy.

I've also been in a situation of hearing two men whisper.

I've heard whispers in the house from time to time. This is the first full converation going on between multiple people (or multiple spooks).
edit on 10/30/2012 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Sublimecraft

Awesome. Thanks for the information.

Originally posted by 3chainz
I would say that you heard all the background white noise, mixed in with the hurricane noise and your brain translated it as voices. Audio pareidolia of sorts.

I have heard of this and was wondering about it. My brain translating the noises of the storm into voices. But the only thing that makes me think not is that it was just for half an hour (and the storm has been going on for ever and ever) and it stopped instantly when the transformer exploded.

you could be right ... it could be pareiodolia .... but wouldn't it have happened all through the storm instead of just that half hour before the transformer blew?? We may never know ....

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   
When the energy is high, including storms, and in this case one hell of a storm, spirits are much more "between" this world and the next. It is like the atmosphere is so charged that the curtain between worlds thins. It is not so much that they are drawing energy as much as there is so much energy around them and you that everything blurs and the two worlds are much more easily seen with each other. It is like a brick wall suddenly becoming a glass wall for a little while.

IMO

Or at least that is the thought I had when reading your post.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital
It's the force of the wind blowing around your house, changing the air pressure.
edit on 30-10-2012 by daaskapital because: eta

This is a logical explanation, as well as the transformer explosions.

Transformers produce Electro magnetic fields during operation, and in the case of an explosion releasing enormous amounts of energy, they would produce an even larger disturbance. Everyone can experience hallucinations in the right EM fields, how ever some people are more susceptible than others. It is very possible that during the over load(the build up before the boom) of the transformer you experienced this because of a change in EM field, causing a hallucination. It's also possible that the storm itself produced the phenomena. Sandy was a rather large storm, carrying a whole heck of a lot of energy, this could have induced the experience you state.

I believe in the paranormal, but considering the Transformer went, near by it could also have been related.
edit on 30-10-2012 by Hijinx because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   
I started my hurricane thread several days ago because I couldn't stop feeling the odd energy going on around me. It's still here too.
I would guess that the storm energy was exciting whatever was in your home and making it more active.
Glad to hear you're ok over there in Delaware.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   

We live near a major road which, back in the Revolutionary War days, was a dirt road that troops marched up on their way to the Brandywine Battle in Chadds Ford PA. (America lost .. England won). I have no idea how many Revolutionary War soldiers (or which side of the war they were on) may have encamped on our property before the battle.

This caught my attention. Could it be that the spirits of the soldiers who fought in the revolutionary war are trying to tell you something?

Think about how things are going now in America. We are on the brink of a revolution.

Just some thoughts.
edit on 30-10-2012 by WiindWalker because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   

I think the ghosts were upset you were planning to vote for Johnson. Just kidding.

- did the energy of the storm feed the spooks we have and I was actually able to hear them speaking to each other? Our spooks are active but we haven't heard their voices very much.
In all honesty, I think the quote sums it all up. The energy from the storm acted as an amplifier so you were able to hear their "voices" much louder than normal. When the transformer blew, it stepped down the voltage, hence left your surroundings with diminished power and you were not able to hear them anymore.

I had an ex whose grandmother lived in a house where at certain times one could hear what sounded like a man and woman animatedly whispering. When you approached their "location" or asked them who was there, they would get quiet. As soon as the house got quiet and folks went to sleep the whispering would continue again. I mean, I have all sorts of ghost stories that would make folks hair stand on end but would better leave that alone for now.

In any case, nothing to worry about in your house. It seems your invisible occupants just found a source of energy last night to give them a boost that allowed you to hear them more.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   

FlyersFan...

These disembodied voice experiences fascinate the hell out of me. A recent story I heard got me really interested in the subject. I have read\heard several accounts that are very much like yours, where a muffled conversation can be heard. One person this happened to said she and her husband would hear voices that sounded exactly like someone was in another part of the house, and the voices were reverberating through the heating\AC ducts.

She said it was almost maddening, because you could hear emphasis placed on words and phrases, you could tell when questions were being asked, you could even hear when one of the 'talkers' spoke very quietly. But you could never make out the actual words. It was like it was muffled just enough so you couldn't discern the words.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by r2d246

The language of demons isn't English, or even sound. It's telepathic. So no. Not sure what other explaination. But it sounds weird.

R2D246 knows everything there is to know about demons and their languages. He is a demon prodigy, if you will. So no reason to further investigate the source of the voices.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Wow that is really weird, I had something very similar last night (I live in Ottawa, Canada) though it wasnt really men's voices or any voice for that matter. It was more along the line of things moving (being dragged) on the floor, big boom from a few feet from us, this was in the living room and all 3 pets were sleeping on the couch next ot us and the kids were sound asleep upstairs.

It was around 1h00 - 1h30 am (local) and at one point, I actually turned the TV off to listen and I could swear someone was walking heavily in the kitchen maybe 15 feet from us. But nothing was there

I thought I was going crazy but my wife was also there and she heard it clearly as well. Glad to hear that we are not alone.

Thanks for sharing your experience.

Teye22

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join