It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fearless' Felix Baumgartner: Mars is a waste of money

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   
tbh... why you care about money? you are the country that prints money which have no value and somehow they gain value out of thin air...

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by magma

Maybe it's not that hard to put a robot on Mars? Based on our technological level: Not a hoax.

Sorry but your arguments are very very weak to say the least.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   
He didn't even go into outer orbit and now he is giving advice like an astronaut? Wikipedia doesn't even put his educational background. it must be next to nothing.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Some people who are famous, should just smile at the camera and wave.

Especially when opening their mouths shows how ignorant they are, not only of space exploration, but on how much we spend on studying our own planet too.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Swizzy

There are many cheaper drinks with practically the same ingredients: Red Thunder, Red Rooster, etc. Red Bull is overhyped, overpriced, overmarketed bull. They aren't even manufacturing it, they just market it.

On topic: so Felix voiced his opinion. Opinions are like assholes - everyone has one. Many prominent and respectable people blurted out something unpolular at one point or another. No big deal.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by wildespace

I know I've tried several other ones but none of them quite taste the same ^^

It's like Pepsi vs Cola. Some people don't care but I can definitely taste the difference a mile away.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by r2d246
reply to post by wmd_2008

His thing was VERY WELL SPENT!!! Because Red bull paid for it and not YOU! Mars, you pay for. And they didn't even go to mars. That's all filmed at Area 51. it's a money making sceme to pocket the 2.5 billion all for the cost of putting on a grainy crappy video that would cost less than 1 million to produce. It's a scam!!! So he's dead on on that one.

But ya otherwise fame generally goes to everyonese head to some degree.
edit on 30-10-2012 by r2d246 because: (no reason given)

Correct because guess what I don't drink there S _ _ _ _ _ Y product and you obviously don't have a clue

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by r2d246
reply to post by wmd_2008

His thing was VERY WELL SPENT!!! Because Red bull paid for it and not YOU!

It was magically well spent because it was paid for privately? Certainly red bull has the right to spend their money however they want, but to say it's well spent is a value statement on how they spent that money and I don't see the logic in concluding that it was well spent simply because they paid for it. Note that I make no value statements here about the money spent on it. It may provide useful information about the effects of breaking the sound barrier while only being protected by a space suit, and I find that to be of value regardless of who paid for it.

Mars, you pay for.

Gladly. The capabilities that we have developed as a result are of universal utility in space exploration. If it turns out that 2011 AG5 (or some other future rock) really is on a collision course with us, you should be very glad we have spent the time and money as a nation to develop that capability.

And they didn't even go to mars.

Yes, they did. I tracked and observed it myself.

That's all filmed at Area 51.

No, it's not, and it's really sad that you think that.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001
reply to post by r2d246

His thing was VERY WELL SPENT!!! Because Red bull paid for it and not YOU! Mars, you pay for. And they didn't even go to mars. That's all filmed at Area 51. it's a money making sceme to pocket the 2.5 billion all for the cost of putting on a grainy crappy video that would cost less than 1 million to produce. It's a scam!!! So he's dead on on that one.

What makes you so sure Baumgartner's jump wasn't a hoax? Do you really believe a human being can travel faster than the speed of sound without an airplane?

I think it would be good to get some independant verification, your right. But high altitude sky diving has been around for while so I don't think it's that out of the ordinary.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 03:53 AM
link   
I think all you guys blasting him are missing the point. He's saying we should spend more money cleaning house environmentally because we need that NOW instead of spending money that might benefit us some time way down the road like the study of Mars. I guess seeing the Earth from the edge of space gave him a greater appreciation for our planet.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 04:20 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

Some of his text

That little knowledge we get from Mars I don't think it does make sense."

First as has been pointed out the Mars expenditure is a tiny fraction of the money spent elsewhere also it has a 10 year life so it you work out cost per year it buttons compared to other spending.

As he said in the article he has little knowledge so may be he should just shut up or I may may give him some advice like pull cord on impact

edit on 31-10-2012 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by TFCJay
He went up, he came down. Somewhere in between he became a Mars expert.

Or he hit a bird or plane on the way down (causing the spiraling), and suffered a concussion. But I like what you said better.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join