It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush Receives Endorsement From Iran

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 06:20 PM
link   

October 19, 2004, 6:33 PM EDT

TEHRAN, Iran -- The head of Iran's security council said Tuesday that the re-election of President Bush was in Tehran's best interests, despite the administration's axis of evil label, accusations that Iran harbors al-Qaida terrorists and threats of sanctions over the country's nuclear ambitions.

Historically, Democrats have harmed Iran more than Republicans, said Hasan Rowhani, head of the Supreme National Security Council, Iran's top security decision-making body.

"We haven't seen anything good from Democrats," Rowhani told state-run television in remarks that, for the first time in recent decades, saw Iran openly supporting one U.S. presidential candidate over another.

Though Iran generally does not publicly wade into U.S. presidential politics, it has a history of preferring Republicans over Democrats, who tend to press human rights issues.

"We do not desire to see Democrats take over," Rowhani said when asked if Iran was supporting Democratic Sen. John Kerry against Bush.

The Bush campaign said no thanks.

NY Newsday

No thanks?

I think it speaks volumes that Iran doesn't want Democrats because they care too much about human rights. They want big business, not big headaches, like, freedom and democracy. They want Haliburton!

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Iran is a murderous regime that tortures and kills political dissidents. It would make sense they would side with Bush.

Bush would also be less able to rally International support that could put pressure on Iran from many quarters.

Bush will probably take some kind of military action which they might see as playing into their hands. The World community will be angered at Bush and The arab world will tend to support the Iranians in their quest for nukes.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 08:37 PM
link   
For the record, I don't like bush at all. EDIT: Nor do I like Kerry.

They are the same, even if their supporters wish to overlook that....

But this was really a clever psy-ops on Iran's part.

They want shurb out, so they endorse him. He has (via mass media etc) lately chosen to shine them in a insidious light.

Now that those same "evil doers" endorse him, it drags him into thier light.

"Oh, we would much rather have shrub rather than the wickedly strict dems. " says Iran.(forgive me for the first error, it is late)

"Dems are so much harsher on us, bush is welcomed here."

This is not positive for bush at all. Luckily for him though, as cunning as this is, the average american could care less about what Iran was implying.

Funny, huh?

X

[edit on 19-10-2004 by Xatnys]

[edit on 19-10-2004 by Xatnys]

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 08:42 PM
link   
EDIT: Nevermind

[edit on 19-10-2004 by curme]

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Yeah sorry about that curme.

Long day hehe.

X

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 08:57 PM
link   
So Back-to-Communism Russia and Iran both support Bush.

What's that tell ya?

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Good one, taibunsuu!

A masterstroke on the part of Iran. If Bush starts something against them as rumored, then he'll REALLY look bad for slapping down a supporter.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I guess North Korea is next with its support of Bush re-election

They could continue testing their nukes then.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 10:49 PM
link   
WTH?

Man I got to think about this one.......

I mean

Arafat Endorses Kerry
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I can see that but this..............They think Kerry s more likely to attack them than Bush? WTH? this seems like crap. I need to check the link

(((Bush would also be less able to rally International support that could put pressure on Iran from many quarters. )))Seems reasonable logic

(((They want shurb out, so they endorse him. He has (via mass media etc) lately chosen to shine them in a insidious light.)))) reasonable

(((This is not positive for bush at all. Luckily for him though, as cunning as this is, the average american could care less about what Iran was implying.))) Good point

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Just like the Taliban supports Bush

Honestly, does anyone really believe them?

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Well...

Don't really know what to make of it, if you read the last two paragraphs...

Kavoos Emami, another Iranian political analyst, praised Kerry for mentioning the need for dialogue with Iran, and said the Democrat would be better for Iran.

"Bush has insulted Iran more than any other U.S. administration. If Kerry is elected, a U.S. military attack against Iran will never happen or will be a very remote possibility," he said.

Seems they are of mixed feelings ( at least IMHO )...

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 08:57 PM
link   
As usual, many of you have again refused to "deny ignorance"

Why, oh why, can't you see that the mainstream media only reports that part of a story which fits their agenda

Let's read more of what Iran's top national security official Hassan Rowhani said in an interview on state television.

The part that the Associated Press ommitted from the story.

The part where he says, "It makes no difference for us which of the two parties wins the elections."

and

"We are not afraid of the US even if the Republicans win since, at least in the region, they had found out that aggression and bullying will only result in their interests being threatened."

Yup, sounds like an endorsement to me, alright.

Link
Another Link

[edit on 20-10-2004 by gurnio]

top topics

join