It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why's Japan highest Life Expectancy while USA lowest and American lifespan continues falling?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Swizzy

You're telling me!

I learned very quickly where to walk and where not to walk!

In Amsterdam, you can get run over by people jogging, people biking, roller blading, busses, trams, cars...just about any way you can imagine -- you can get run down!

There's the people side walk, the bike side walk...oh, and there's the boat side walk (what we nicknamed the canals)

People seemed to be much more active.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by minnow

Because your food is laced with toxic chemicals, high fructose corn syrup and so on.
You also recieve most vaccines in all of the world which is pumped full with foreign material like diseased monkey kidneys and toxic heavy metals.
The younger american generation will be extremely lucky if they survive until 50 years of age.

The sad part is that it is all part of an agenda to lower population.
The vaccines and chemicals also has a another nice side effect of making us more and more infertile with each generation.
The western population now has so low sperm rates that if it drops further then we will be completely sterile.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by MsAphrodite
Most Americans are fat, eat a horrendous diet, are over stressed and do not exercise. Add to that their preoccupation with flu shots, vaccines and pharmaceuticals and you have a recipe for an early death.

Us Norwegians have a pretty bad diet as well, but yet we dont have the same issues as you with being overweight.
We are on top of world with USA when it comes to soda consumptions as well, but again we dont suffer the same issues.
The explanation in my opinion is the high fructose corn syrup that they add to everything over there.
But I agree with you about vaccines.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by juleol
reply to post by minnow

The sad part is that it is all part of an agenda to lower population.

Right, which is why we keep bursting into higher numbers as the days go by.

The vaccines and chemicals also has a another nice side effect of making us more and more infertile with each generation.

Which works out well since I don't like condoms and insist on women not taking birth control. More sex for me, and less kiddos to deal with. Score!

The western population now has so low sperm rates that if it drops further then we will be completely sterile.

As if too many people are concerned with adding to the herd these days. Nope. Pretty sure our numbers are strong enough.

You want to increase your sperm health? Educate yourself. I did. My guys are strong, fast swimmers

edit on 30-10-2012 by moniesisfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr10k
I thought Norway was promoted to the country with the highest life expectancy...

And it's a combination of Diet and Genetics. Trust me, Japanese workers have far more stress than average blue-collar or white-collar worker here in the US
edit on 30-10-2012 by mr10k because: (no reason given)

I have to agree with that. Japan has a suicide rate much higher than ours and stress is also much higher.

What you have is a homogenous society with a largely low-fat diet high in vegetables and fish. Also note that Americans of Japanese descent have a similar life expectancy to Japanese of Japanese descent. Diet and genetics.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr10k
I thought Norway was promoted to the country with the highest life expectancy...

And it's a combination of Diet and Genetics. Trust me, Japanese workers have far more stress than average blue-collar or white-collar worker here in the US
edit on 30-10-2012 by mr10k because: (no reason given)

The norwegian "national dish" that is most eaten here for last decades has been frozen pizza with FAKE processed meat.
Due to high prices, monopoly thanks to high import taxes most norwegians cant even afford to eat well.
We also have horrible selection and low quality products since there is absolutely no competition.
If you buy a beef here you wont even know what you get as it could even be from a old milk cow...

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by NavyDoc

Everything you said went towards diet & environmental circumstances, yet you still believe it has to do with genetics in the least
I'm curious why, if this is your stance.

Eh, need to be a little more specific. I do think that genetics play a role, except I have yet to see any evidence that these specific genes come from any one group of people. Maybe I'm just ignorant.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by MsAphrodite
Most Americans are fat, eat a horrendous diet, are over stressed and do not exercise. Add to that their preoccupation with flu shots, vaccines and pharmaceuticals and you have a recipe for an early death.

Us Norwegians have a pretty bad diet as well, but yet we dont have the same issues as you with being overweight.
We are on top of world with USA when it comes to soda consumptions as well, but again we dont suffer the same issues.
The explanation in my opinion is the high fructose corn syrup that they add to everything over there.
But I agree with you about vaccines.

You tend to eat a lot more fish than the average American as well and less processed food. Also, consider that Norwegian Americans in places like Minnesota have a comparable lifespan to their relatives living abroad, so one cannot downplay the genetic component.

The issue is that the US, unlike Scandavania or Japan, has a very heterogenous population. A Japanese American will have a lifespan close to Japanese living in Japan whereas the average in total for the country drops when you add in the low life span of other populations, say African Americans.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by moniesisfun

You have clearly not researched well.. Even though fertility rates are dropping does not mean that population growth will just stop over night. It will just slow down the population growth at first, which is something that has already happened all over west. Many western countries now has so few births that the population would decline if it was not for immigration.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by juleol

Nah, I've researched it years ago. The replacement rate is ~2.3 kiddos, and we're at about 2.1-2.2. It's not a hardcore "reduction". That's BS. Not on the agenda, sorry! If it was, it would be done with a swiftness. It's about stabilizing population.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by moniesisfun
reply to post by NavyDoc

Everything you said went towards diet & environmental circumstances, yet you still believe it has to do with genetics in the least
I'm curious why, if this is your stance.

Eh, need to be a little more specific. I do think that genetics play a role, except I have yet to see any evidence that these specific genes come from any one group of people. Maybe I'm just ignorant.

Genetics does play a role, IMHO. Such questions are usually multifactorial and there never is a single correct answer but a combination of factors. That Japanese Americans have a similar life span to Japanse Japanese in spite of differences dietary and environmental factors leads one to deduce that there is also a component of genetics in play as well.
edit on 30-10-2012 by NavyDoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by NavyDoc

This might have been true in the past, but sadly that is no longer the case. As I said in another reply we now mostly eat processed frozen pizzas and very few people actually make food from scratch.
Our diet is not good when most eaten food is a processed frozen pizza with fake ham on it.
This is what Norwegians are eaten for dinner these days: link

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by NavyDoc

Genetics does play a role, IMHO. Such questions are usually multifactorial and there never is a single correct answer but a combination of factors.

Agreed.

That Japanese Americans have a similar life span to Japanse Japanese in spite of differences dietary and environmental factors leads one to deduce that there is also a component of genetics in play as well.

Disagree! Japanese Americans don't have the same lifespan as Japanese Japanese. Not sure where you got that from.

Also! The life expectancy has recently declined in Japan, which is thought to be linked to western influences....notably, junk food diets.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   

reply to post by juleol

Nah, I've researched it years ago. The replacement rate is ~2.3 kiddos, and we're at about 2.1-2.2. It's not a hardcore "reduction". That's BS. Not on the agenda, sorry! If it was, it would be done with a swiftness. It's about stabilizing population.

Must be a long time ago as it is well known that population in most western countries would be flat or declining if it was not for immigration.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   

reply to post by NavyDoc

This might have been true in the past, but sadly that is no longer the case. As I said in another reply we now mostly eat processed frozen pizzas and very few people actually make food from scratch.
Our diet is not good when most eaten food is a processed frozen pizza with fake ham on it.
This is what Norwegians are eaten for dinner these days: link

That's too bad. I thoroughly enjoyed eating my way through Sweden and Norway. (Okay, did a lot more than eat
but in enjoyed the abundant fresh seafood that seemed to be everywhere.

If your diet is now just as crappy as ours, then that leaves more genetic and environmental factors. Also, variations in population can skew the average numbers down. We do have a more diverse society than Norway.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by juleol

A few years ago.

The point is that you're making absurd exaggerations which aren't backed up by evidence. You're jumping to illogical conclusions.

I'm integrating the facts and making claims that can be backed by evidence.

Feel free to continue your baseless rants.

I'm out!

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by NavyDoc

Genetics does play a role, IMHO. Such questions are usually multifactorial and there never is a single correct answer but a combination of factors.

Agreed.

That Japanese Americans have a similar life span to Japanse Japanese in spite of differences dietary and environmental factors leads one to deduce that there is also a component of genetics in play as well.

Disagree! Japanese Americans don't have the same lifespan as Japanese Japanese. Not sure where you got that from.

Also! The life expectancy has recently declined in Japan, which is thought to be linked to western influences....notably, junk food diets.

It was part of a retrospective analysis we did in medical school. Hang on, let me dig up some cites.

Health: It is significant to note that Asian American women have the highest life expectancy (85.8 years) of any other ethnic group in the U.S. Life expectancy varies among Asian subgroups: Filipino (81.5 years), Japanese (84.5 years), and Chinese women (86.1 years)1. However, Asian Americans contend with numerous factors which may threaten their health. Some negative factors are infrequent medical visits due to the fear of deportation, language/cultural barriers, and the lack of health insurance. Asian Americans are most at risk for the following health conditions: cancer, heart disease, stroke, unintentional injuries (accidents), and diabetes. Asian Americans also have a high prevalence of the following conditions and risk factors: chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, hepatitis B, HIV/AIDS, smoking, tuberculosis, and liver disease.

minorityhealth.hhs.gov...[editb y]edit on 30-10-2012 by NavyDoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by NavyDoc

I stand corrected.

Thanks for the link!

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by minnow

Ignorance. I'm sorry for the short version. But that is the long and short answer of the problem.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   

reply to post by NavyDoc

I stand corrected.

Thanks for the link!

Its fascinating stuff. The Okinawan diet is said to be the perfect diet for lifespan.
www.insidershealth.com... rticle_print/expert_insights_the_secret_of_longevity_lies_in_the_okinawa_diet/2629

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join