It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Rogue" U.S. General Arrested for Ignoring 9/11 Bengzahi Stand-Down Order

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

Thanks for sharing that. That was one of the best reads I've had in awhile and the comments were equally good. So blatantly obvious and absurd a situation to be highlighting, I couldn't help laughing in a few spots too. I mean, this really happened. It's not a bad dream or B-plot to a cheap novel. It's hard to believe at times that those events occurred in the way the plain record now supports to a large extent. (sigh)

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 03:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

Explanation: Since ATS autocensors some rude 'terms' the link, which contains such terms, gets broken.

Personal Disclosure: Everyone will need to manually input the addy, as seen in my screengrab, to access that article. I hope this helps.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

I just copy/pasted what he put in the second post with google. First hit was the hit and there it was. VERY informative and there are details about that laser designation I did not know. Like, for example, how they need to talk to the air crew or the drone pilot to confirm information/settings. I guess like anything else military, it's coded in ways. There'd be no point in lasing a target without knowing what weapon was firing, by what that says and then more, the coding or settings to match. HMMMM........!

So..the fact they were lasing a target at all means they had absolute reason to believe a platform was above and about to strike? Hell of a thing to be mortared by the position that laser was illuminating for fire that was denied. It's almost......murder by proxy or negligent homicide. Foreseeable consequence at any rate. That really is about outright impossible to explain too. It's not what, but who...and how many whos.

The lengthy story and info on that link makes another very good point and it's just a factual show stopper eventually, if this is all as it appears. Hundreds of men know parts of what happened...all deployed in different directions at the moment. In time, all the pieces will get put together and the story will be known. Too many people, apparently, were involved or required to be close just as the nature of their duty or jobs. Truth is good for the Soul.
Obama could hold a Press Conference this week and tell the story to clear the air.

edit on 30-10-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Military Officers oath is different than Enlisted. Officers do not swear to follow orders of the President.

That General did the right thing. It's sad the Clinton's and Obama ordered our own Ambassador to be killed.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 05:06 AM
link   
I'm just wondering what would have happened if his second in command wasn't a tool...

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Not just the general of Africom was fired but so was the Rear Admiral in charge of carrier strike group 3 in the Med. I called the office of the head of Senate Armed Services committee to relay my disgust that such good servicemen acting to save American lives should be commended, not fired.

We the people need to let our congressmen know how we feel about this or it will only get worse with military leaders being fired for political reasons.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Just so silly, shows exactly what kind of children run the military complex. Criminals should be arrested, such as thieves, rapists, murderers and such, but to arrest a person for not listening to someone so they can act on good will is just silly, and we PAY these fools to even have a so called "job"

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Add an Admiral losing his command to this travesty.

Navy replaces admiral leading Mideast strike group

WASHINGTON -- The Navy said Saturday it is replacing the admiral in command of an aircraft carrier strike group in the Middle East, pending the outcome of an internal investigation into undisclosed allegations of inappropriate judgment.

FULL ARTICLE HERE:
www.stripes.com...

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

The lasing of the target and denial of launch permissions from the spectre raises a whole bunch of questions.
A mortar, by it's very nature is a weapon that requires line of sight (or a spotter) and nothing above it to interfere with the rounds trajectory.
I find it hard to believe a jihadi is going to make himself an easy target by setting up a mortar in daylight with the possibility of a spectre gunship being within 20 miles of the nest/position.
Were the assailants guaranteed their safety?, is this why the permission to fire was not granted?, exactly who were the attackers?, if they were a bunch of renegade jihadis hell bent on attacking the ambassador, then surely the right to return fire would have been granted, the fact that it is denied from the top of the chain, tells me that the attackers were plants and the whole thing was orchestrated/co-ordinated as a terrorist act from the bowels of the US government.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by The X

EXACTLY! This was ORIGINALLY supposed to be a kidnapping...in exchange for the blind sheikh...arranged by Obama and the Egyptian Muslim Brotherhood/government.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by The X

Daylight? What are you talking about?? This attack started at 9:30pm local time and by dawn, were done. The fighting ended well before first light.

Not EVERYTHING on Planet Earth that happens is the plot or devious planning of some evil cabal inside the United States Government. There are, believe it or not, Jihadi Killers who would cut a throat as soon as say hello. I've watched the videos of them beheading CIVILIANS they took as prisoner and then people bitch that we might deprive them of their precious beauty sleep when we have one of their murderers.

Sorry, but this is personal to me and MANY other Americans. DEEPLY personal and it's just not a subject real amusing for all the normal conjecture of whodunnit. United States Government Officials hung out Americans, also serving that same Government and literally ORDERED their deaths by direct action or omission of action. Which, doesn't matter when the end result was still the 150% preventable MURDERS of our people.

Now.. I seriously doubt Americans rest until there is accounting for this. THIS was beyond anything I've seen in my near 40 years as an American and I've heard people half again older say they've seen nothing similar in their years, either. It's history being made....it should be interesting.

edit on 30-10-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   
General Ham was brave enough to disobey orders and attempt to help his men. That takes true valor and I respect him for that. Although, he broke the chain of command in a war zone. That is a very serious situation which could lead to chaos if not dealt with quickly. When something like that happens in the heat of battle, the chain of command must be reestablished as quickly as possible before something really #ty happens. When boots on the ground are getting orders from two different chain of commands it can easily lead to a total breakdown of discipline right on the battle field; thus leading to even more death and carnage.

The second in command could only really make two choices; stand with the general or arrest him and take over command him/herself. If the second in command really wanted to pull a fast one him/her could have arrested the general and then went ahead and carried out the orders the general had given. It would have given the orders just enough time to go though and prevent a total breakdown of the chain of command.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Werent the sailors of the USS liberty back in 1967 saved, because somebody along the chain of command ignored a stand down order?

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Americans were under attack and I would consider any order to stand down as an illegal order! Military officers and enlisted all must abide by the UCMJ... No military person is forced to follow illegal orders.... and in my opinion the exec who relived the General was not following legal orders and he failed his subordinates!

know thy general orders!

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Merinda
Werent the sailors of the USS liberty back in 1967 saved, because somebody along the chain of command ignored a stand down order?

No, actually it was a Russian trawler who witnessed the attack and could provide evidence of the Israeli attack..... after a Pentagon of evil ordered them to stand down!

just a short tangent..... pentagram=Pentagon ???

any magical coincidence....?
edit on 30-10-2012 by fnpmitchreturns because: add ??

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Merinda

The Liberty was an Intelligence Ship and they were saved because Israel did not intend to kill them all. They were sitting ducks in an what amounted to an unarmed tugboat for all the challenge it presented and Israel could have put them down in a matter of moments...like any Egyptian ship would have been. Of COURSE Israel knew whose ship it was...it's the only reason anyone got off it alive. Israel is NOT known for mercy..and back then, they couldn't even spell the word. No one but an American vessel at the height of that war would have been toyed with like that, IMO. ...but oddly, no one ever considers that side in assuming Israel had blood in their eyes.

The rest... not worth the debate to me. Some will believe forever that it was this or that. Historic record tells a different tale and support was en-route at one point then ordered back to the Carrier. Games within games and U.S. Intelligence met Israeli attitude. Who deserved it more? Who knows....but it's not like they were fresh face sailors out serving their nation on a first cruise or something. It was an intelligence ship Israel thought just MAY have been playing both sides to Egyptians.

You know.. it's almost funny. Any OTHER situation imaginable, and US Intelligence would be assumed...regardless of evidence either way....to have done any dirty deed they were accused of. This ONCE? Oh.. now their innocent as the driven snow and purely the victims of unprovoked attack while minding their own business.....between two combatants in the middle of a war of survival.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

thank you for the explanation OmegaLogos, i never really noticed or correlated the "censor" getting involved

thanks for the tip !!

@ Wrabbit - you're welcome and yes, i chuckled in a few places as well.
all i keep thinking about at this point is (the worst but) since we are "in theatre" in about 5 different locations currently, what would happen to our valiant soldiers abroad following an EMP, a complete breakdown in communcations, had radio transmissions only or heaven forbid, volcanic interference, or some systemic failure that rendered every piece of intel ... questionable ??

what would be of our forces abroad then ?

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Benghazi was payback to Stevens because he was the one who procured the 9 Megaton nuclear bomb that was detonated on the ocean floor near Japan on March 11, 2011. Obama knew that Stevens was marked for death and he told his people to stand down. Good call. Too bad about the collateral damage. Violence means death.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
A time will come, there will be a reckoning.

May my battle buddies find peace in the next life, may these swine find no rest in this one, or the the next.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   
But wait, there was NO STAND DOWN order. Remember?

As if this couldn't get any worse. This is even more sickening....if it could ever be so. And for all the claims of it's"not a political issue"...............IT COULDN'T BE ANY MORE POLITICAL! I am really tired of people pretty much telling others to look the other way, don't examine the facts, sing kumbaya and keep Obama on a pedestool, out of reach of scrutiny and accountability.
edit on 30-10-2012 by Gridrebel because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join