posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 03:44 PM
Originally posted by butcherguy
reply to post by buckrogerstime
Not only did Obama likely not know what was going on in Benghazi on Sept. 11; neither did anyone else, including AFRICOM and the Pentagon. In fact, we
still have barely any idea what happened. Immediately after - or even concurrently with - the planned attack by Ansar al-Shariah, a spontaneous group
of Benghazi protesters arrived at the embassy. Eyewitnesses said members of Ansar al-Shariah told those protesters that they were attacking the
embassy because of the Innocence of Muslims video. Moreover, it appears that the attack had only been planned a few hours before its execution. There
is still so much confusion about the exact timeline that three Congressional investigations and a State Dept investigation are underway.
You should probably catch up with the story.
Most of what you said about has been discounted now, by (non-Fox) MSM sources.
The video was not involved.
There was no protest.
Obama and the Secretary of Defense had a meeting 5 and a half hours before the attack was over, the info was available for them about the attack an
hour before the meeting.
Real time video of the attack was available during the meeting.
They only planned a few hours before? They showed up and made raodblocks with vehicles 40 minutes before they began the attack. They brought trucks
with heavy machine guns mounted on them. They also brought RPG's and mortars....Yeah, it was spontaneous.
Thank you for providing a list of sources, so I can assess your claims.
1) I didn't say the video actually motivated the attack. I said that Ansar al-Shariah told protesters (whom they possibly convinced to "fake" a
protest) that they were attacking the embassy because of the video. U.S. intelligence has further said the attack was likely timed for the
"opportunity" of taking advantage of the Cairo protests over the video.
2) A crowd of Libyans gathered around the embassy, consistent with the protests in Cairo, either right before the attack began or as a result of the
3) The consulate attack occurred at 9:40 p.m., and I assume you're not claiming Obama and the SoD met 5.5 hours before that. The attack on the CIA
annex (a building that security officials specifically went to because it was an "unknown safe house") occurred at 3 a.m. and lasted at most 15-20
minutes. As soon as a member of the Libyan militia called for back-up, 100 security officials showed up within 15 minutes.
4) As far as I know, the single source for the claim that the White House had access to real-time video of the event is a retired lieutenant-colonel
who refers mysteriously to his "sources." Panetta has said there was no drone directly over the building at first and that when they redirected it
over the compound, it was difficult to determine the nature or extent of the situation. The attack on the consulate involved multiple sides of the
building and ended in setting the living areas on fire, which is why Stevens died of smoke inhalation.
5) I said that the attack was planned a couple hours before its execution (probably incited in part by hearing of the Cairo protests), not that Ansar
al-Shariah were walking outside the consulate eating ice cream when the thought struck them.