It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The October Surprise 2012: American Secret Police By Executive Order???

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by skepticconwatcher
reply to post by Hefficide

I give up. Carry on.

I'll just say I'm not concerned and I don't see any red flags. I don't see any establishment of "Secret Police" Nor do I envision any scenario described whereby "lists of people" are generated and passed on to the authorities for whatever reason. I just don't see all of that happening based on this one EO.

I see an executive order that is so vague and broad that it doesn't actually specifically propose to DO any one thing. It does,however, have a broad enough wordage to allow them to just about ANYTHING. It's written like a damned legal disclaimer that can be interpreted to allow anything they decide to do.
No red flag?
Are you color blind or just plain blind?

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by thehoneycomb

Obama could set a new fundraising record at the San Antonio event, the San Antonio Express-News reported. The attendance for the president’s remarks has swelled to over 1,000, and Obama “is expected to raise more money Tuesday than any Democratic candidate ever has in San Antonio,” the paper reported.
(From your link)

Ron Paul drew an estimated 1,500 by what I read afterward (my eyes would support the number too) and his event wasn't even all that well advertised, while I'm in a town much smaller than San Antonio and Ron Paul isn't a sitting President to draw numbers for that sheer novelty alone.

Wow... That had to hurt the 'ol ego a bit. Especially when some would have folks think that area of Texas is especially sympathetic to him or something. 1,000? Really? I think Santorum even drew more than that here... Err.. On that note, I'm going to laugh myself to the bedroom and partake in that rare and mysterious thing they call sleep.
Thanks for the link. That made my morning in a thread with such otherwise unhappy (but important) news.

@Badgerprints

Yeah...That EO is the Commerce Clause for Federal Law Enforcement and Homeland reachdown.

edit on 30-10-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 04:24 AM
link   
I just found this article:

Through creating a new Steering Committee in partnership with how Homeland Security missions, directives, and programs are implemented in state and local levels, the fine line between state sovereignty and the need protect the country from disaster and terror attacks is becoming smaller every day. Over the past few years Homeland Security grants to local law enforcement have led to a militarization of police and public safety, and new drone technology is being used in criminal investigations outside the scope of national security.

In a little more than a decade, the Department of Homeland Security, in conjunction with its underlying and partnering Federal agencies, have infiltrated nearly every community in America. This new Executive Order, which expands the scope of the agency and gives it greater power in state and local partnerships, will mean greater loss of freedoms and liberties to both the states and citizens as the Federal government imposes greater authority over what should remain state sovereignty scope and missions.

Source

Personally I am fairly amazed that this story is not picking up more steam - either underground or in the MSM. This, IMO, is a HUGE development that opens the door to abuses we can scarcely imagine.

Think government sanctioned Blackwater road blocks or checkpoints in your own town. Scary stuff going on here.

~Heff
edit on 10/30/12 by Hefficide because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by magma
I thought america was a democracy

Oh that's right... Was....

Nope, was a constitutional republic wasn't it? Never a democracy?

As a non colonial, I remember the kerfuffle last year on other boards about the update to the National Defence Preparedness order.

Is this an update to an old EO or a brand new one?

I genuinely don't know so would appreciate non sarcastic answers!

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 04:37 AM
link   
The beginnings of this was the Real ID act. The States are all connected with a new network database, you can see the Real ID act computers at your DMV.

When police pull you over they now run you through that system. Anybody ex military is tagged in the system as a threat. Any hacker worth his salt should tap into that system and look around. People in power have put some very deragative statements in there against political dissidents as well to make their lives hell.

Russel Means just passed away and did a speech prior to dying warning those in power of abusing their power with these new systems to use new technology/tactics against innocent people.

They didn't heed to Russel Means warning.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by khimbar

It was signed three days ago. It's new.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
reply to post by khimbar

It was signed three days ago. It's new.

New as in brand spanking new, not an updated version of an old one?

Wow. I'm off to read up on this then.

Even though I'm not American, you know the old saying...'When America sneezes the UK gets a cold'.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   
It reads like an effort to destroy the separation of powers clause. No telling what the legalese really means though I'm sure you're instincts are correct; this allows more Federal power to intrude in state and local affairs.

Whatever happened to the regional governor's council ? (or whatever it's name was)

We have far too many of these executive orders laying around and waiting to be used in some fashion. I don't care for the concept at all as it seems to harken back to the days of rule by divine right. But then, I suppose that's exactly what they intend.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Since I posted, this has hit the Federal Register and Wiki. It is Executive Order 13629.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   
This claus is important

(b)
Nothing in this order shall be construed to impair or otherwise affect:

i)the authority granted by law to an executive department, agency, or the head thereof;

(ii)the functions of the Director of the Office of Management and Budget relating to budgetary, administrative, or legislative proposals; or

(iii)the functions of the Overseas Security Advisory Council.

Doesnt this effectively diminish this bills ability to override certain policies and procedures?
edit on 30-10-2012 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
And I've just found this that sheds some light on the vague wording and the ( at least original or stated ) intent...

The Obama administration is drafting an executive order that would direct agencies to share cyber threat information with companies operating critical infrastructure, the Associated Press reported over the weekend.

A draft executive order, which was not dated, directs the Department of Homeland Security to work with the Pentagon, National Security Agency and others to develop a means by which companies could quickly be informed of known cyber threats, the AP reported. Companies could better protect against threats, based on the warnings from the government.

The draft order also includes language asking companies to share information with government about cyber threats and attacks, but it would not mandate that they do so. The draft order would also establish a voluntary program for companies to adopt better cybersecurity practices.

In August, Sen. Jay Rockefeller, D-W.Va., a senior member on the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence, pressed President Obama in a letter to “explore and employ every lever of executive power that you possess to protect this country from the cyber threat.”

Rockefeller co-sponsored the Cybersecurity Act, S 3414, which failed to pass in the Senate. The bill would have set voluntary standards for companies operating critical infrastructure, such as the electric grid, water treatment facilities and transportation systems.

“Everything that can be done in the statute ... can be done in the executive order, with the exception of three things,” Johnson said.

So that spices it up a bit.. Rockefellers and circumvention of standard lawmaking processes - all with the intent to control cyberspace.

And, hey, phrase it vaguely enough and we can get a lot of our other corporate buddies into the mix as well.

~Heff

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
All of this is enacted to fight terrorism, the very terrorists we supported in Libya & Syria, just name a few. I don't believe in the War On Terrorism anymore than I believe in the War On Drugs. Clearly the US Gov't is using terrorism to justify their own means. They use terrorism every chance they get. They negotiate with terrorists, support them, fund them, and claim to be in a war against them.

FU Washington DC

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   

The more emergency situations and the more fear in the public the less these things will be questioned.

Clearly this establishes a line to the very town in which you live so that there is a chain of public control, added to the ability to arrest and hold without representation how is this organization different then the SS.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by skepticconwatcher

This is a standard EO.

Every time one of these come out, folks start screaming about a master plan to kill us all going into effect soon. Fema Camps and death panels and pictures of those infamous coffins start pouring in.

It's just a standard EO. That is all.

Maybe you should think along the lines of the size of government growth and control all the new and getting huge Fema, Homeland Security business has become. People want ...protection, safety even from nature and they look to their Government instead of themselves to prepare for it even when they build a house on a flood zone or beach!

Handing away your freedom for "safety" ...lets see where doe it all lead! take a look at history!

People will not even read this thread they are all focused on the big Tropicane, (my new word)
maybe a newly created storm type.

edit on 30-10-2012 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-10-2012 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
so let me get this striaght....an embassador gets killed in benghazi by a terrorist attack....and the right screams that it is obamas fault...they practically say that he LET IT HAPPEN!...but an EO is written that tries to protect americans in country by everybody working together if something seems out of the ordinary and suspicious, THEN, obama is TRAMPLING ON THE CONSTITUTION!....do you see how stupid this looks and sounds??

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by ecapsretuo
You got it, Hefficide. What occurred to me as well was that this may open the door to mercenary companies, which seem to acquire the character of being "above the law", as has been exemplified in the war torn East. The prison industrial complex is privatized here and ever growing. As to the "Steering Committee", it includes as its members representatives from the head of each Department. these are the people who will be "calling the shots".
Now, as this executive order comes to pass, how many of these Departments now have put in place, members of the pharmaceutical industry, Military complex, Monsanto,Fed, and other men with HUGE vested interests, corporate and supra governmental... seen such lists on ats..., help,maybe
Does this mean that the order could potentially be abused to where, in an emergency situation, the POWER is transferred to the hand of an elite few with vested interests?
What are the chances that this Steering Committee's future actions have already been determined in some think tank?

Think how this will also "steer" the $$ toward chosen corporations and even individuals.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

What exactly does an event in a foreign nation have to do with the US Constitution? This isn't even a apples and oranges deflection - it's like apples and printer toner... Nothing in common at all.

Benghazi as nothing to do with our laws here. And to think that foreign misadventures are an excuse for the loss of liberty in the US. Well, do you know how stupid that sounds?

~Heff

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
I just found this article:

Through creating a new Steering Committee in partnership with how Homeland Security missions, directives, and programs are implemented in state and local levels, the fine line between state sovereignty and the need protect the country from disaster and terror attacks is becoming smaller every day. Over the past few years Homeland Security grants to local law enforcement have led to a militarization of police and public safety, and new drone technology is being used in criminal investigations outside the scope of national security.

In a little more than a decade, the Department of Homeland Security, in conjunction with its underlying and partnering Federal agencies, have infiltrated nearly every community in America. This new Executive Order, which expands the scope of the agency and gives it greater power in state and local partnerships, will mean greater loss of freedoms and liberties to both the states and citizens as the Federal government imposes greater authority over what should remain state sovereignty scope and missions.

Source

Personally I am fairly amazed that this story is not picking up more steam - either underground or in the MSM. This, IMO, is a HUGE development that opens the door to abuses we can scarcely imagine.

Think government sanctioned Blackwater road blocks or checkpoints in your own town. Scary stuff going on here.

~Heff
edit on 10/30/12 by Hefficide because: (no reason given)

An interesting thing is that in our small town, we were told that we had to let police go as there was not enough money.
Suddenly as someone else in this thread mentioned there is a huge group of new police vehicles and others housed in a fenced area, we have law enforcement everywhere we look but the strange thing is the roads large and small that leave the area have have new under pavement sensors of some type installed.

I cannot see a use for these expensive measures as far as traffic volume or the usual reasons for temporary sensors, and these were installed so quickly we did not even see the work being done. Is this happening everywhere i wonder?

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I see brown shirts on the streets of america in the near future. Is that paranoia or is this a common belief?

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Amazing! Thank you for posting this, Hefficide.

This might explain the huge supplies of ammo being distributed to government agencies, imo.

As one poster pointed out, this Executive Order could have been narrowed down in a few short sentences. When you sift through all the verbiage, your gut begins to twist when you extract the big picture and realize just what this Executive Order allows.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join