It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My First Ghost Hunt, EVP's, tell me what you think.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   
October 26, 2012.
Harrodsburg Kentucky
Diamond Pointe Visitor Center.
9:30-12pm

So, as promised, I have the results from my first experience ghost hunting.

The night of we heard some heavy breathing, but I chalked that up to allergy season. Other than that not really much at all. I must admit I'm coming at this from a more skeptical point of view. I'm really doing this because I'm so skeptical. I've seen Ghost Hunters, Ghost Adventures, etc... and I want to see for my self.

I was quite surprised when I actually caught two EVP's:

First one I have no clue. Second one sounds very clear to me as to what it says, but I won't predispose you to my thoughts.

A lot of work for a few seconds results.

Now I am left with more questions than answers.

There were only two of us there, and neither of us spoke during either EVP. Could it be my partner subvocalizing? Asked her and she said these were not her. Some sort of paranormal phenomenon? Not really sure what else it could be...

What do you think?

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by pianopraze

Hard to make out any words on my less-than-awesome speakers, but can definitely hear something in the videos. First one almost sounds like "come back to the ..."

Did you come away with any other experiences/evidence during your investigation?

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by VariableConstant

Hard to make out any words on my less-than-awesome speakers, but can definitely hear something in the videos. First one almost sounds like "come back to the ..."

Did you come away with any other experiences/evidence during your investigation?

Nope.

I didn't think we caught anything on the recorders either. I was extremely surprised. Especially by the Second one... I actually think I know what it said, and I was quite startled. Listen with some good headphones sometime

Now after finding these EVP's I'm coming away with confusion and a renewed sense of purpose in actually doing this. As I said, I was very skeptical, but I can't deny we caught something. That second one is quite disturbing.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   
I wish there was a way to post spoilers so others wouldn't read what I hear. I thought I heard in the second vid

"Patience....... he's in the room."
or
"Joseph... he's in the room."

Being a paranormal investigator myself and 'majoring' (if you will xD) in EVP, I LOVE that you were able to catch a few evp's. I hope this will get you doing more investigations. You see now that yes, there IS a lot of time put in, sometimes to catch a few seconds of stuff, sometimes nothing - and sometimes amazing plethora of activity.
Warms my heart that you got this. Well done.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by sarra1833
I wish there was a way to post spoilers so others wouldn't read what I hear. I thought I heard in the second vid

"Patience....... he's in the room."
or
"Joseph... he's in the room."

Being a paranormal investigator myself and 'majoring' (if you will xD) in EVP, I LOVE that you were able to catch a few evp's. I hope this will get you doing more investigations. You see now that yes, there IS a lot of time put in, sometimes to catch a few seconds of stuff, sometimes nothing - and sometimes amazing plethora of activity.
Warms my heart that you got this. Well done.

Thank you.

I heard something different on the second one. But I'm listening with headphones and the volume maxed.

If i try to listen to them on speakers it is unclear, but very clear with good headphones. But I guess EVPs can be that way, different people think different things. That's why I didn't say what I thought it said, thanks for telling me what you heard

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   
I'd love to hear your take on the 2nd EVP.

To me, the 2nd sounded like "no... nothing. Nothing here."
BUT... my headphones aren't great.

Interesting results though.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
I believe in the second video, one voice said "...what you're doing?" and a second voice said "nothing".

edit on 30-10-2012 by Jaellma because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Jaellma

Originally posted by Awen24
I'd love to hear your take on the 2nd EVP.

To me, the 2nd sounded like "no... nothing. Nothing here."
BUT... my headphones aren't great.

Interesting results though.

Wow, interesting people hear so many things. Makes me question what I hear.

I clearly hear : "Listen! Get me out!"

I guess things are so subjective.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
The first one I hear "I don't care"

The second one is way too mumbled.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
The first one, I actually thought I heard "I took him."

The second one sounded like "listen...listen here."

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   

second word i heard "look up....look at ME now" like someone thats jealous someone else is getting the attention......

Thats what i heard anyway for what its worth

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I don't want to be a spoiler but does anyone else notice no-one hears the same thing? This makes for poor evidence of anything but noise. However, if one is really interested in the paranormal they will not be put off by this. It is serious work which is not represented by the ghost-hunting shows we see on TV.

Good luck and get ready to be disappointed most of the time.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
The first one sounds like she's saying, "backs over there" which doesnt make sense so it could be something similar to "back" like "Pat's over there" or "racks over there".

The second one, it sounds like it needs to be reversed, it has that reverse speech sound.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Very interesting EVPs... I'm not sure what to make of them yet, but plan on listening further when I have more time and a quiet environment.

I was wondering, if anybody can take a listen to this EVP I recorded, it is just a 2 second clip, and you may need to play it a few times to make anything of it....
It was recorded maybe a year or more ago by now, and I think I know what it says, as states the title of the file...

It is the whisper of something that sounds like a child, and we have seen many figures like a child / children in that house before, and still do from time to time... There's a lot of stories I could share on it, but I just want to know what you guys make of this EVP, and if anybody hears what I am hearing as well....

Thank you.

yourlisten.com...

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 08:24 AM
link   
First video sounds like '' back to the begin '' or something like that.
And the second video sounds to me like '' Nothing , nothing here at all. ''
Either way great topic and thanks for sharing S&F for sure

new topics

top topics

join