It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Preacher blames Sandy on gays

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by MonkeyFishFrog
reply to post by dayve

You probably do see Pink Triangles because we were them in remembrance of those interned and killed by the Nazis.

No one wants to be defined by their sexuality. However, when laws and policies are in place that discriminate on that basis its hard to ignore like marriage, power of attorney, and health insurance coverage.

Lots of people don't realize it wasn't just the Jews who were put in camps and killed. There were many symbols used to "classify" the prisoners. The gay prisoners had a pink triangle and that's why they use that symbol today, to reclaim it and take away the power of hatred. (so says some gay friends of mine who have researched it).

The Nazi beliefs and practices were frighteningly similar to the fundamentalist evangelicals of today. It's the exact same mindset and same reactions. If that group were to ever come into "power", we would see the holocaust all over again

Hitler was the first fundamentalist evangelical born-again example to point to in history. They are EXACTLY like he and his followers were

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by dayve

Originally posted by wiser3
reply to post by dayve

I'll take that bet and prove you wrong!

Impossible... I'll have you all agreeing with me by the time I'm done here. Because I'm riiiight....

I think that's what you call:

IGNORANT ARROGANCE.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleChiten

So what..? They could have easily avoided death by saying they are not gay.... And its no comparison to today, gay people r everywhere... Just because people don't agree with it doesn't mean your being "oppressed" .. Your the ones making it a bigger issue than it is. Cause you want the spotlight.... You chose that lifestyle, no one chose it for you

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

reply to post by dayve

Impossible... I'll have you all agreeing with me by the time I'm done here. Because I'm riiiight....

IGNORANT ARROGANCE.

Nope, I agreed with some of what was said on here, but you guys r so hung up on your own defense you dont see it any other way. When I'm right I'm right

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   

reply to post by dayve

IGNORANT ARROGANCE.

Nope, I agreed with some of what was said on here, but you guys r so hung up on your own defense you dont see it any other way. When I'm right I'm right

Defense? You spew personal ideologies.

We present you with factual data.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   

reply to post by dayve

IGNORANT ARROGANCE.

When you're wrong you think you are right. What a sad state to be in.

Care to take a crack at the question I asked earlier?

When you are at risk of rape, violence, ridicule and condemnation, what benefits are there in choosing to be gay?

I would like a thoughtful response but I'm fairly sure that's something off the table.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   

So what..? They could have easily avoided death by saying they are not gay.... And its no comparison to today, gay people r everywhere... Just because people don't agree with it doesn't mean your being "oppressed" .. Your the ones making it a bigger issue than it is. Cause you want the spotlight.... You chose that lifestyle, no one chose it for you

Wow, so did Jewish people who said they weren't Jewish allowed to go free? I mean, if you could do that being gay, why didn't everyone denounce being whatever it was that Nazis were prejudice again?

Hitler sure sounds like a reasonable guy then.

edit on 10/31/2012 by MonkeyFishFrog because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   

When you are at risk of rape, violence, ridicule and condemnation, what benefits are there in choosing to be gay?

Who is going to rape a person for being gay?

Violence, its a matter of principle, some people don't care n will fight for what they choose to believe..

Ridicule n condemnation, every type of person gets ridiculed n condemned... Emo, goth, punk, fat people, religious, gay, you name it..

Benefits, its no different than doing drugs or alcohol, you get pleasure out of doing what pleases, no matter how wrong some think it is or the repercussions....

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Who is going to rape a person for being gay?

Violence, its a matter of principle, some people don't care n will fight for what they choose to believe..

Ridicule n condemnation, every type of person gets ridiculed n condemned... Emo, goth, punk, fat people, religious, gay, you name it..

Benefits, its no different than doing drugs or alcohol, you get pleasure out of doing what pleases, no matter how wrong some think it is or the repercussions....

You really didn't look at any of the links I included in any of my responses did you?

There is government sanctioned RAPE of women who are lesbians or thought to be lesbians in Africa. They call it CORRECTIVE RAPE. It happens HERE in NORTH AMERICA but at least that's not sanctioned by our government.

My friend walked a girl home last month and on the way back to the train station he was jumped and beaten because he "looked like a f*g".

There is evidence that homosexuality at the very least happens biologically in the brain and they have proven that by examining brain scans and Heterosexual Men/Lesbians have identical brain structures and Heterosexual Women/Gay men have identical brain structures. Did we choose to make our brains look a certain way because I know the mind is a powerful thing but not THAT powerful.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   

You really didn't look at any of the links I included in any of my responses did you?

There is government sanctioned RAPE of women who are lesbians or thought to be lesbians in Africa. They call it CORRECTIVE RAPE. It happens HERE in NORTH AMERICA but at least that's not sanctioned by our government.

Don't you think -- people should be knowledgeable and informed before trying to tackle this subject?

Yes corrective rape is horrible - - especially when it is government sanctioned - - which it is in some parts of the world.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Although I'm not a gay man, I do support them. YOU are assuming that everyone who is supportive and understanding is "one of them", so, no, I didn't "choose" the lifestyle and I also didn't "choose" my own lifestyle, it's what I was born with. Just as I was born to naturally be attracted to women, they were born to naturally be attracted to men.

If it was a choice, it would be a choice that everyone had to make. I didn't make a choice, it made me. Did you choose to be heterosexual? If so, then you must have gay tendancies or there wouldn't be a choice to be made. The gays don't have a choice either, there's not a choice to be made. They are gay, they have always been gay.

Granted, you do have some poeple out there who "experiment" and others who say they are "bisexual". I don't know about the bisexual description, I don't understand it. I don't understand how they could like both. Just because I don't understand it doesn't mean that they are wrong, it just means that I don't understand how they can be attracted to both. I think if I were in that position that I would ignore the feelings that would make the rest of the world treat me differently. They are the only people who have a "choice", the 100% gay and the 100% heterosexual don't have a choice, they're born that way.
....I guess the bisexuals are born that way as well, but still, if I were in their position, I think that I would try to ignore the feelings for the same gender and concentrate on the opposite gender since there are both feelings present... but that's just me.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Don't you think -- people should be knowledgeable and informed before trying to tackle this subject?

Yes corrective rape is horrible - - especially when it is government sanctioned - - which it is in some parts of the world.

I really can't wrap my mind around anyone who does not understand the violence and fear in the community of being persecuted and still think it is a choice. At the beginning of the 20th Century it was not only okay for police officers to beat gays and lesbians to death but they were admired and exalted for it.

But people like the preacher are a definite minority now and will only be remembered for standing on the wrong side of history as a happy oppressor.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   

I really can't wrap my mind around anyone who does not understand the violence and fear in the community of being persecuted and still think it is a choice. At the beginning of the 20th Century it was not only okay for police officers to beat gays and lesbians to death but they were admired and exalted for it.

I don't get it either. Its pure ignorance and holding on to "outdated" and ancient ideologies.

Uganda is at it again with their "KILL THE GAYS BILL". As if - - any gay in Uganda is gay by choice.

Ugandan Parliament Speaker Pushes For ‘Kill The Gays’ Bill

Zack Ford on Oct 31, 2012

Rebecca Kadaga Uganda’s Speaker of Parliament, Rebecca Kadaga, took umbrage to the threat that Western countries like the U.S. and Canada would cut aid because of the country’s persecution of homosexuality. Instead, she suggested that the anti-homosexuality (“Kill The Gays”) bill that has persisted in the legislature be brought to the floor for a vote:

KADAGA: I will not accept to be intimidated or to be directed by any government in the world because we are independent. We are Ugandans. We are not a colony of Canada; we’re not even a protectorate. [...]

I will now instruct the chair of the Committee of Legal and Parliamentary Affairs to quickly bring the report of the anti-homosexuality bill so that we discuss it and so that Uganda can take a position. [...]

If the price of aid is going to be promoting homosexuality in this country, I think we don’t want that aid. I don’t think we want it.

thinkprogress.org...

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by MonkeyFishFrog

Well kids also run around with AK's in Africa too its way different.... But I see what your saying, I read some articles I've done research on both sides. This is just my personal opinion that it's a choice.
&

I'm not assuming everyone that supports gay people is gay, I actually DO support them in some ways, I have gay friends n I accept them and they have kids from previous relationships n are now married to the same sex... And by choice... I'm sure theirs people born gay, I hate to say it but I've seen 3-4 year old's that might have some gay tendencies (it's obvious) but that might be due to upbringing, or a experience they encountered idk... It boil down to everybody, at one point in their life has actually thought about it once or questioned themselves, its a fact, and some people entertain those thoughts more than others, but it's another thing to question yourself and then act on it to find out. I guess that would make you bi, if you like it more than the opposite sex than your obviously gay... How is that so hard to agree to...?

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   

reply to post by MonkeyFishFrog

Well kids also run around with AK's in Africa too its way different.... But I see what your saying, I read some articles I've done research on both sides. This is just my personal opinion that it's a choice.

Seriously! You're going to use kids carrying guns as a comparison?

You can have all the opinions you want - - - you're still wrong.

I have gay friends . . .

And I have a thread for you: "I have gay friends, but..." Umm... No, you don't...," www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 31-10-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   

I have gay friends . . .

And I have a thread for you: "I have gay friends, but..." Umm... No, you don't...," www.abovetopsecret.com...

Hah I do, I know two lesbian couples who are married n I actually talk to them n go to their house. And my girlfriend oddly has quite a few gay male friends.......and her friends r my friends....

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   

I have gay friends . . .

Hah I do, I know two lesbian couples who are married n I actually talk to them n go to their house. And my girlfriend oddly has quite a few gay male friends.......and her friends r my friends....

You may have acquaintances - - but you do not have real friends who are gay.

They are people - - they have manners - - they are polite - - they are not your friends.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   

I have gay friends . . .

You may have acquaintances - - but you do not have real friends who are gay.

They are people - - they have manners - - they are polite - - they are not your friends.

Actually I have family members who are gay if you want to get that far in it.... And yea they are friends, otherwise I would say 'acquaintances'. I have gay acquaintances that I interact with, but their not friends. I know the difference.... What does any of that have to do with my personal opinion.... ?

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Actually I have family members who are gay if you want to get that far in it.... And yea they are friends, otherwise I would say 'acquaintances'. I have gay acquaintances that I interact with, but their not friends. I know the difference.... What does any of that have to do with my personal opinion.... ?

As completely open and accepting as I am - - - I don't claim friends that are gay.

Unless they feel completely confident and safe to bring me into their world with no "IF's" or BUTS"" on my part - - - I would not consider myself their friend.

You have way too many "IFS" and "BUTS".

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   

edit on 31-10-2012 by dayve because: lastpost..lame

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join